Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

There's no date set yet. I have nothing to post right now, except for the program, which I suppose it can be considered as finished. There's one thing I want to implement yet, but I'm not sure to be doing it, at least for a first version.

About your question regarding the Facility, you're right, now the platform is very high. I'm not sure about what to do with it yet, I was guessing two possibilities:

- Remove the wall in the handrail, and make easier to get on the platform.
- Extend the wall to the upper deathzone and make the platform not accessible. The stage would become almost symmetric in terms of gameplay.

Characters seem a little too small compared to the doors, but the gameplay gets improved for sure. The central ceiling isn't there anymore, and you can die upwards as normal. Still ceilings in the corridors.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 21, 2011, 02:02:31 AM
- Remove the wall in the handrail, and make easier to get on the platform.

I was thinking this exactly last night when I was playing on this. That's why it's weird that you said it lol. I mean you can't really see it but then again you can in some angles, specially if you pause to take pictures.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 21, 2011, 02:02:31 AM
- Extend the wall to the upper deathzone and make the platform not accessible. The stage would become almost symmetric in terms of gameplay.

Eh.. I don't know. That place up on the right is what makes your stage really Mewtwo. I like stages that play like no order stages, that's what makes it fun really.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 21, 2011, 02:02:31 AM
Characters seem a little too small compared to the doors, but the gameplay gets improved for sure. The central ceiling isn't there anymore, and you can die upwards as normal. Still ceilings in the corridors.

Yeah I noticed, that was bound to happen when scaling, oh well.

I'm glad that the main upwards ceiling is not a ceiling anymore. Now you can do that since you re sized it, and probably move the camera bones so you can't see that far high. Very smart sir.

I'm guessing that the passage way on the left is better now, and doesn't have those ceilings right above you ;o

Looking forward to this and moar.

/fanboy.

New version of Facility ready to go, will be posted tomorrow with the Block Tool utility.

Video of the stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcur98aMHg0
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Facility looks sweet dude.
Gonna get that revamp.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



I'm working on it right now. Well, I want to finish the first column in FoD first, and then continue with Peach's Castle a little. I really want to get finished this one soon.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Hey Mew2K, do you take stage suggestions? Because I have a REALLY good one. :3

It depends on the suggestions themselves. I have many many projects in mind, but if it's from some game I've played and loved, I may be doing it. Depending on how hard to make would be, too.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Very nice will definitely be updating with this new Facility.

I love how the camera zooms in when you are up there, it's great.

Looking forward to it sir.

That facility revamp looks significantly better. Also would your tool be somewhat decent for even beginners to use? I have just gotten into stage hacking, and have only broken the surface of what to do for my first stage.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

My tool is just a stage builder block modifier. It modifies the properties in that model so it can be used more easily in stages with brawlbox. To understand my tool, you need to understand well what a bone animation does to a model, and why a group of single-boned modes can't rotate together as a single big model. Well, and knowing the three axis in brawlbox (X,Y,Z) if you want to rotate some part of the model. Or understand what the normals do and why it's important to rotate them the same way the rest of the model gets rotated...

So, I guess it's not much for beginners, but still, it can be useful if a beginner learns quickly, and the stage he's doing is made by stage builder blocks.

Facility can be easily resized now, just with a single bone animation. I could get it really gigantic with no effort. But, to reach this point, I've needed to convert every single model in the stage with my program. And that took some time.

Tomorrow I'll post the program and I'll explain how to use it, in the case that somebody wants to use it.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Holy [censored] Mewtwo, that program is gonna be sweet.

It may be just what I needed to start working on Clock Town/City Escape...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on May 22, 2011, 03:23:09 AM
Holy [censored] Mewtwo, that program is gonna be sweet.

It may be just what I needed to start working on Clock Town/City Escape...
So this program and PSA for stages will complete your life?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 22, 2011, 12:10:28 AM
Facility can be easily resized now, just with a single bone animation. I could get it really gigantic with no effort. But, to reach this point, I've needed to convert every single model in the stage with my program. And that took some time.

Are you kidding me!

Please do make a guide for that specific thing when you get a chace.

I also see that you sir have a blog post date.

;o

Wow, that new facility does look good, even though I liked the platform.

About your Breakable Ganon's Tower stage, would you mind telling me how to prevent the floor tiles from respawning or make it take more time ? I couldn't find anything that looke like it in BrawlBox.