Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Right now, nobody would be able to make something that accurate like my Peach's Castle stage.

In the near future, everybody will be able to make it more accurate, quick, and effortless.

Today I've seen a nice Ganon's Tower outside picture in Brawlbox. And the other day I saw some Peach's Castle Melee too.

In that near future, my stages won't be special anymore. And stage making won't be special either for me.

That's the way I feel
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Well, how about making entirely new stages and importing those? Then you could still put the same amount of effort into your stages as you have before, while scratching that creative itch.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

But that's not my style. I mean, for me a SSB game needs stages from nintendo games, representative stages from representative games. An entirely new stage is not a nintendo stage, and I would not enjoy doing a stage that doesn't mean something to me.

Also, we'll see if I'm able to use that importer (if I feel like trying it), cause my computer... well... it's a [censored], it takes forever to show the models in a stage of mine with the new brawlbox... And some of them are buggy, deformed and such...

I don't really know if that's my computer, or if brawlbox is buggy with some of the models I use anyway  :-\
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I understand that. You could beat people to the punch, and mass-release ports that no one else has yet XD.

Anyway, most people wouldn't be able to correctly port an entire level like you do even with an importer function. For example, your masterpiece; Those little things like the polygon colour of the hills, the objects that always face the screen, etc. I don't think people will be able to simply port those kind of features just yet.

And with this tool you could improve your levels. You could add Yoshi to the castle grounds, add an inside area with mushroom men, coins, fire, the whole shebang. The next version of Brawl Box could allow you to tap into your further potential. :)
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

I say get creative with your stages.

Instead of making them look like straight model imports, you should base your stages on the stages you wanna make.

Example, make Peach's Castle something unique.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


You could try recreating stages from the nes/snes era in 3d, since they don't have models in such.

But to be honest when the model importer comes (if it does), I expect a lot of [censored]ty stage ports from people inexperienced in stage making. Anyone can just import a model, but it takes more experience to make an imported model feel like a brawl stage. Though actually building the stage is probably the most enjoyable part, stuff like the lighting and animations are things other people can't just import.

Quote from: Beyond on September 01, 2011, 01:04:38 PMYou could try recreating stages from the nes/snes era in 3d, since they don't have models in such. But to be honest when the model importer comes (if it does), I expect a lot of [censored]ty stage ports from people inexperienced in stage making. Anyone can just import a model, but it takes more experience to make an imported model feel like a brawl stage. Though actually building the stage is probably the most enjoyable part, stuff like the lighting and animations are things other people can't just import.
awesome idea
make stages from 2d games (or animes :D) with no models since that can´t the .dae importer get
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

For the moment, the solution seems to be a mix from what you 3 suggested, and the 3 voted options in the poll.

These are my conclusions for the moment:

- If I get creative, and don't build exact stages, but based versions of them with a more enjoyable gameplay, I'll not run into troubles like people doing the same thing like me
- If my stages come from places/games that people would not usually think of, I wont get that problem either.
- Even with an importer, I can still make imports look better than other unexperienced stagers
- An importer may help me import models that I would need to build or vertex, my boo model would have been quicker to do.

Now, the problems of these:

- Personal satisfaction. I'm more satisfied now that I've been able to build Peach's Castle with tons of vertexed models that if I had copied the model and pasted into brawl. Same to boos, for example.
- Refusing to make stages in my plans. If a stage I'm planning is cool just because of the fact that it's from an old game, and the awesome thing is how it's built, if that's now easy and quick to do, maybe the stage doesn't even deserve to be made by me and I should leave it to others.
- Stage duplicates. If somebody makes a bad version of one stage I like most, I will end up doing that stage again. That's not new really, I've ended duplicating some stages like Kongo Jungle or Peach's Castle just because the already made ones weren't good enough for me -_-

Well, we'll see in the future... I'm a little depressed anyway, just because of the exam I have tomorrow, the nearly coming classes and the fact that I'm not gonna have much time to hack when I'm back to classes...

And realizing how old I am compared to most hackers here doesn't help either... >_<

Quote from: Gotenks on September 01, 2011, 02:09:56 PM
awesome idea
make stages from 2d games (or animes :D) with no models since that can´t the .dae importer get

Making stages with 2D stuff everywhere? I guess not...  :srs:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 01, 2011, 11:02:15 AM
Right now, nobody would be able to make something that accurate like my Peach's Castle stage.

Is this a challenge?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ricky (br3) on September 01, 2011, 02:31:56 PM
Is this a challenge?

Erm... no...  :srs:

But, seriously, I don't guess anybody would have had the patience and detailling I've had with it... At least not to make that very whole stage...

Sorry if I'm mistaken  :-\
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 01, 2011, 02:35:12 PM
Erm... no...  :srs:

But, seriously, I don't guess anybody would have had the patience and detailling I've had with it... At least not to make that very whole stage...

Sorry if I'm mistaken  :-\

That is more correct. It's mostly about patience and discipline - that's what sets you and Beyond apart the rest of the hackers when it comes to accuracy. Aaaand a little bit of extra knowledge, of course.

But don't go saying things like "nobody else would be able".

By the way, I'm sad to hear you're a little depressed and don't worry about your age. Think that your experience sets you apart. I hope you do well in your test and come back to hacking when possible.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


no way Mewtwo. Your the best stage hacker that this place has to offer. im sure that even after the importer is complete people are just gonna want to see how you are going to use this to your advantage. :) i've enjoyed every stage you make, it actually always makes me want to play the original. lol XD but no matter how much easier it gets, people are still gonna want to see what you'll do. i know i will.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 01, 2011, 02:31:22 PMMaking stages with 2D stuff everywhere? I guess not...  :srs:
i meant more make the 2d stuff to 3d

like make a Super mario bros. 3 based Stage into brawl but in 3d
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Gotenks on September 01, 2011, 03:10:24 PMi like make a Super mario bros. 3 based Stage into brawl but in 3d
Someone actually did that. He based it on worlds 1-1 and 1-2.

I think InTrepidCognito did it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Stage making requires a lot of [censored]ing patience for sure. You making Peach's Castle all the way, I more than respect you for that. Even when playing with my friends, sometimes I pause and just look at the models and all around and say "Man, this guy is crazy. Look, he even did the backyard!" LOL it's somewhat of an inside joke.

Still, what you did was amazing, and even when that importer comes, which I'm not a fan of either, you're still gonna be the Mewtwo that we know, and I'm sure you'll get creative somehow, and do something from there.

What Beyond said is a good idea. Recreating stages from SNES games and such. Since of course, those aren't 3D and can't be imported into Brawl.

My suggestion, figure out who's behind the model importer, track his IP, and take care of business, if you know what I mean. *cracks knuckles*
I'm joking for those who are easily offended and like to report me like fat babies.