Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

September 23, 2011, 09:23:44 PM #5205 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:27:48 PM by Mewtwo2000
Quote from: DSX8 on September 23, 2011, 08:34:50 PM
no offense or anything mewtwo, i kno that ur a great nice guy an all, but sometimes with some of the things u've said, they do sound arrogant/conceited at times and such, but still, i dont take ur stuff offensive most of the times. the only reason y i released outset island was cause of all the stress i've been under lately at home, and i just released it the way it was, but hey... at least i get feedback for changes in the next version. this is why i make multiple versions in the future that HAS these changes. i mean sure, I do kno that anything u make will be much better than mine, while all i do is imports, and do my best with wat i can do with importing. for me, making a stage from scratch just takes way to much time, and i just loose interest in that stage, like the kokori forest i was making from scratch, within 5 days, i had all the floors and walls done, but that was it, and i just quit on it, its just to much time consuming, which makes all of my other stages get left in the dust. anything u make, will be 100 times better than any imports of mine, i promise u that.

I'm glad to read that, I was worried to offense you and such with my words, specially when I've talked about those spawn points.

I sometimes get stressed too, I have now my girlfriend living at my home, and things are slightly different now. But when things stress you, just try to be calm, and don't worry at all. And don't let that stress push you to make things uncomplete. You know outset island is expected by many people. Just take your time, make all the versions you want, perfect them, and release the stage as a bomb. If things are half-made, you will get bad reports and will need to fix things. And I guess that's not needed.

Sure you will always miss something, and others will notice those things, but that's not bad. The bad thing is when you get enough when you can still improve. Keep this in mind.

Of course, I know you have no patience to build stages, and you make imports. And, personally, I guess some of your imports are really beautiful. But you've opened the box of non-wii imports, and I guess you're overrating them. Let the model rebuilder come, and then make really beautiful stages. Outset Island is a fine import because of its cell-shaded nature. But stages like Ganon's Castle don't really need to be imported. At least, not yet. There are some stages I want to make, and if you import all of them, time will bring my own versions and you will have wasted your time.

I like N64, I've played N64 a lot. So, expect N64 stages from me. The more you make from there, the higher possibility I make them after a while. And besides some Melee stages if I still make them, I don't guess I'm doing any stage not from a N64 game. At least, not for a long time.

Keep your work on, but just try to care about the final result. That's what makes you a good or bad stager after all.

Quote from: CutterKirby64 on September 23, 2011, 08:44:08 PM
I don't think you're arrogant, not at all. Mewtwo, you're one of the nicest guys around here, you're always kind to everyone and never refused to help anyone. Without you I'd never be a good stage maker, you had the patience to help me with my issues. Not only me but everyone that ever sent you a PM asking for help.
I don't see any problem about making a stage that someone else is making, like when you said that you would make the Courtyard too. Sometimes it's good to have a friendly competition, though some people might feel intimidated, after all you're the best. xD
I see your point, if someone wants to do something he/she should put a lot of efforts on it. You're the best stage maker here. So I choose the 5th option. With all the stuff you say and show I get more confident about how we, stage hackers, are able to beat imports.  :)

I'm glad you're getting that confidence. With time, imports will be our friends xD

Total imports may look fine in some cases, but generally they shouldn't. But importing some separate models may help a lot when building difficult shapes. Still, I guess I will always be more satisfied when a stage I made has only brawl models modified by me and nothing more.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

[censored]ING FANGASM!!!!!!

i just beaten OOT on the wii...

for like the 5th time... but damn, that is sooooooooo sexy!!!!!

Your not a .... *read the poll* a arrogant stager. Your a king. :vyse:

Now, continue to make AWESOME stage!

September 23, 2011, 11:31:54 PM #5208 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:51:23 PM by Allav866
I concur. We all agree that while you may have random arrogant moments, you're still a nice guy.
With that being said, I have a question about Ganon's Tower Exterior:
Will there be a brstm of the howling wind that was heard in that area in the game, like you did with the SFX in Peach's Castle?
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

Are you ever going to make a Majora's Mask stage or do you just stick to OOT?

Your stages look awesome Mewtwo! I really like the BanjoKazooie ones, my favorite N64 game :D I'm new here and I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction to start importing stages from other games and hacking brawl stages. Thanks!

imaginaut

I look to WackaAlpaca's channel on YouTube for basic hacking tutorials.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

Quote from: hotdogturtle on September 24, 2011, 08:15:40 AM
Are you ever going to make a Majora's Mask stage or do you just stick to OOT?

I read on DSX8's thread that he plans on doing Clock Town I believe it's called, the place where you fight Skull Kid. And I think he said he was doing the 3 days.

You know, I'm more familiar with Ocarina of Time, although I absolutely loved Majora's Mask.

Trying to think of epic places..

How about that place where there's that monkey and you have to sneak in with Deku Link?

Sorry my memory it's so [censored]ty.

Last time I played Majora's Mask I was around 11 years old.

The tower with Skull Kid flying in front of you with the Moon about to crash on you... That would be so damn sexy...

I honestly never played much of MM since it came out when I was like 6. The only reason I'm familiar with OoT is because it was remade... I hope that they remake MM.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Yes, there will be a brstm like that (will be shown in first video of the stage)

No, I'm not getting stuck in OoT. As IS said, Clock Town will be made too. And the place you meet Skull Kid too.

Quote from: imaginaut on September 24, 2011, 04:16:24 PM
Your stages look awesome Mewtwo! I really like the BanjoKazooie ones, my favorite N64 game :D I'm new here and I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction to start importing stages from other games and hacking brawl stages. Thanks!

imaginaut

For imports, talk with DSX8, or ForOhFor Error. If what you want is recreating or rebuilding stages, you should start moving models, adding stage builder elements and such to existing stages. And read the stage making tutorials in this forum. In any case, you will need to know about the shadow system, the collisions and lighting at least.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Yeah, I should probably look into that shadow system as well.
Anyways, how long have you been working on Ganon's Castle? I mean, it's not an import, and it looks like you spent a bit of time on it. I got a feeling you've been keeping this a secret for quite a while...
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

mewtwo cant wait for ganon exterior lovin all your stages man keep it up

Hohoho mewtwo, I don't keep in touch with this thread as often as I should, but let me tell you this:
You have been the most helpful to me of all people.  You've taught me so much on stage making, and you're always sharing your knowledge with everyone and even making and releasing tools for us.  If there is ANY arrogance, it is so so far below the giant undeserved egos that make up KCMM.

I'm not at all sure how this poll came up, but I can guess, and I think it is important to distinguish wrong accusations out of jealousy, and the truth.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 23, 2011, 09:23:44 PM
Of course, I know you have no patience to build stages, and you make imports. And, personally, I guess some of your imports are really beautiful. But you've opened the box of non-wii imports, and I guess you're overrating them. Let the model rebuilder come, and then make really beautiful stages. Outset Island is a fine import because of its cell-shaded nature. But stages like Ganon's Castle don't really need to be imported. At least, not yet. There are some stages I want to make, and if you import all of them, time will bring my own versions and you will have wasted your time.

I like N64, I've played N64 a lot. So, expect N64 stages from me. The more you make from there, the higher possibility I make them after a while. And besides some Melee stages if I still make them, I don't guess I'm doing any stage not from a N64 game. At least, not for a long time.

Keep your work on, but just try to care about the final result. That's what makes you a good or bad stager after all.
Also to be noted, there is a WORLD of skill difference between imports and recreating something block by block.

As always, keep up the good work, and remember, it's ok to be mean sometimes.

Quote from: Allav866 on September 25, 2011, 01:34:12 AM
Yeah, I should probably look into that shadow system as well.
Anyways, how long have you been working on Ganon's Castle? I mean, it's not an import, and it looks like you spent a bit of time on it. I got a feeling you've been keeping this a secret for quite a while...

That picture is... erm... let's see...

The stage file is supposed to be created on september 15. The first texture is from september 16. And the picture showing the stage was taken in september 23.

There's a earlier picture in page 2, as a link. It was taken on september 21 and was placed there for those who found my hidden messages in black those days. Nobody found them I guess. At least, the ones that talked about giving a first picture via PM.

So, the picture is taken a week after starting the stage. I've not made much progress during the weekend, I've been with my girl. I may have progress today. If so, I may record a video before tomorrow.

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 25, 2011, 01:24:09 PM
Hohoho mewtwo, I don't keep in touch with this thread as often as I should, but let me tell you this:
You have been the most helpful to me of all people.  You've taught me so much on stage making, and you're always sharing your knowledge with everyone and even making and releasing tools for us.  If there is ANY arrogance, it is so so far below the giant undeserved egos that make up KCMM.

I'm not at all sure how this poll came up, but I can guess, and I think it is important to distinguish wrong accusations out of jealousy, and the truth.
Also to be noted, there is a WORLD of skill difference between imports and recreating something block by block.

As always, keep up the good work, and remember, it's ok to be mean sometimes.

All started with a comment Oshtoby posted in DSX8's thread, which he deleted afterwards. Then, I asked my girlfriend if I sounded too arrogant, and she said yes. We ended up with the idea of making a poll about it xD

Thanks for your words, I appreciate them :)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 25, 2011, 01:24:09 PM
Hohoho mewtwo, I don't keep in touch with this thread as often as I should, but let me tell you this:
You have been the most helpful to me of all people.  You've taught me so much on stage making, and you're always sharing your knowledge with everyone and even making and releasing tools for us.

^ This.  The amount that you've contributed here not only as a hacker, but as a person is staggering.  I don't know what the heck the people who didn't vote for the 4th and 5th options were smoking, but they need to stop asap XD

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 25, 2011, 01:24:09 PM
If there is ANY arrogance, it is so so far below the giant undeserved egos that make up KCMM.

I have a feeling that I'll regret asking this, and it's probably and out of place question that will cause a fair bit of commotion and I apologize in advance if it does but...

Who are these "undeserved egos" you speak of?  Just curious...