Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

awesome, ill be sure to include this in mah brawl!

Quote from: Friedslick6 on December 02, 2011, 02:20:39 PM
Dude, c'mon. That bridge doesn't match the low-resolution style of the rest of the level or game. OoT 3D is basically what Soul Calibur Link's version of OoT would be.
Actually, it's been officially stated that OoT3D is what OoT would have looked like if they had more power to work with on the N64, which is why they didn't drastically change the visual style to be more like Twilight Princess, and instead keeping it faithful to the original's art style.

That's what they say now, but the truth is that even with the nintendo ds, which is less powerful than the N64, SM64 looked better in some ways. The characters look much better and such. That's because of experience, new techniques, etc.

The N64 didn't need more power, some games demonstrate what the graphics were up to (like Banjo-Tooie or Conker's BFD). Also, Zelda 64 was gonna look really worse than the final product, we only need to see the beta screens. They finally made a masterpiece, but they wouldn't have been capable to make something like OoT3D even if they got a better console back in those days.

OoT3D is just a remake, faithful to the original's art style, using the new technologies and knowledge. Something that they should have made the day they started to port it to consoles, like gamecube or wii's vc. They have needed to wait until 3DS to enhance graphically the game, and that's sad.

About VC, instead of copy-pasting the old games, they should have enhanced them a little. Similar to what Rare did with Banjo, Perfect Dark, or Goldeneye before it got cancelled.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Too much work, and Nintendo doesn't like that. Besides, the VC was about getting the original experience. It's just stupid how so many N64 games lacked pheripheral support like rumble or memory paks, but then Pokemon Snap supported the printer device.

(I guess this post didn't show up when I submitted it an hour ago because of the site errors)

Games always look better later in consoles' life spans because developers learn how to use the technology better. If you want a drastic example, compared Super Mario Bros. to Kirby's Adventure on NES. They look like they're a generation apart. And also compare OOT to MM. OOT came out in 1998 and was developed earlier, while MM took OOT's base and used the Expansion Pak to literally surpass the N64's maximum performance and improve the graphics from the very same engine.

I can't wait for Ganon's Castle.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

So what's next after Ganon's Castle? Also, what would give Final Destination 64 a boost in the poll is making the background. :D
I'm back after a long while.

Blog post



Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 03, 2011, 05:43:13 AM
So what's next after Ganon's Castle? Also, what would give Final Destination 64 a boost in the poll is making the background. :D

I got a few stages in hold, and other few stages in mind. Also, now there are some character imports in my mind too. So, I don't know it >.< xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Can't wait to get my Wii back so I can try out your new stages.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.



Thanks for going the extra mile and giving Ganon's Castle some variety with the floating island and the platforms. I can't begin to tell you how many stage imports I've had that are flat, walk-off format. :P

Abou time you released it man! So glad it's out and can't wait to try it out.

Ganon's Castle is just awesome...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Thanks =3

Hope you enjoy it half way I do :3

Well, now working on Jinjos finally:



I suppose I'll be working on this and other unfinished stages/revamps I had for a long time.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 05, 2011, 10:17:41 PMThanks =3 Hope you enjoy it half way I do :3 Well, now working on Jinjos finally: I suppose I'll be working on this and other unfinished stages/revamps I had for a long time.

:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

inb4crazyfans
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.