The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Velen on August 14, 2014, 12:43:32 AM


@Taiko: Fair enough then.

Ah, I can see why you were having trouble then. Though, this is far beyond what they were meant to be used for, so they weren't really designed with something so drastically different in mind.

That said, it turned out quite cool and I'm looking forward to what you're going to do with Mewtwo to compliment it!

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on August 14, 2014, 01:20:42 AM
I really like the HUD you guys did. Gives a nice fresh feel for the game. Too bad it's not for Brawl Minus. Oh wait.

I can take it down if you guys really care though.
Nah it's fine! Thanks for doing something we didn't, it'll be useful for both us and Brawl Minus users. Though maybe update the thumbnail since we've updated that recently.

August 14, 2014, 04:03:09 PM #646 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:28:00 PM by Velen
Quote from: Taiko on August 14, 2014, 03:10:44 PM
Ah, I can see why you were having trouble then. Though, this is far beyond what they were meant to be used for, so they weren't really designed with something so drastically different in mind.

That said, it turned out quite cool and I'm looking forward to what you're going to do with Mewtwo to compliment it!

Well, nothing special, really, just a green recolor. The idea was inspired by PBR and one of the outfits you can give your trainer. Just wish I had made a specialized specular to make all the green parts glow brightly in-game

I have another idea for a possible Flex costume, but it would require that I remake the entire texture for the armor, and I would need access to Mewtwo's UV maps to coordinate the texture for Mewtwo himself, including the Visor UV maps...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Taiko on August 14, 2014, 03:10:44 PMNah it's fine! Thanks for doing something we didn't, it'll be useful for both us and Brawl Minus users. Though maybe update the thumbnail since we've updated that recently.
yeep.

Love your work, keep it up! Looks really nice. That being said, I'm surprised Kirby hasn't been done yet...

Quote from: Pikmin1211 on August 15, 2014, 02:31:06 PM
Love your work, keep it up! Looks really nice. That being said, I'm surprised Kirby hasn't been done yet...
Provided the team insists on completing every Kirby Hat texture, I feel he could actually be one of the last characters we see finished.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on August 17, 2014, 03:46:17 PM
Provided the team insists on completing every Kirby Hat texture, I feel he could actually be one of the last characters we see finished.

Ahh, that would explain it.

Quote from: Amarythe on August 17, 2014, 03:46:17 PM
Provided the team insists on completing every Kirby Hat texture, I feel he could actually be one of the last characters we see finished.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wouldn't mind Kirby being the last character to be released (excluding updates).  If all of his hat textures will be changed, it'll be kind of like a small reflection of each character's new texture.  Might be just me, though.

You've probably been asked this before, but will we see more costumes for those that do not have other costumes?
I made the mistake on standing there until the fire department came...

Quote from: Thire on August 18, 2014, 06:56:41 PM
You've probably been asked this before, but will we see more costumes for those that do not have other costumes?

The FAQ is in the OP, explaining common questions and our answers to them.

Quote from: Scout on August 18, 2014, 10:23:33 PM
The FAQ is in the OP, explaining common questions and our answers to them.

Ok, thanks I must've over looked it.
I made the mistake on standing there until the fire department came...

Will you take a recolor I made of one of the Smash 3 characters?
Its a Roy recolor with Purple armor.

August 19, 2014, 09:24:32 PM #656 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:56:09 PM by Scout
We don't think we'll take it since we don't really have extra slots, but you're welcome to upload it to the Vault. Just remember to add proper credit!

We've made a new blog post relevant to the Kirby discussion, hopefully all makes sense now!

Thought I should mention this: Mewtwo's armored alt has a UV error in the version I dowloaded. Has it been fixed?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on August 20, 2014, 12:02:21 AM
Thought I should mention this: Mewtwo's armored alt has a UV error in the version I dowloaded. Has it been fixed?
Where, specifically? We didn't modify any of the UVs though, so any issues would be present on the P:M model as well. The only issue I can think of would be the tail shading.