Current Public Clone Engine

Started by Rin, November 07, 2013, 12:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 08, 2013, 02:34:34 AM #30 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:35:29 AM by Albafika
Quote from: Segtendo on November 08, 2013, 02:31:11 AM
I'm curious as to why the thread is still open after it was admitted the codes were stolen (unless I'm missing something here).
You'll find your answer if you read the message that followed those posts.

Oh for [censored]s sake, not this again....

I respect SonicBrawler for removing the codes. He is a respectful gentleman for that.

Even he admitted he stole the codes.

Albafika, how would you like it if I took ALL your work, and uploaded it to a thread. I provided my own download link, and didn't link it to your vault or anything, and at first claimed it was all my work. Would you appreciate that? Would you be fine with keeping that thread open?

I respect you bro, but seriously. You guys need to stop this.

November 08, 2013, 03:23:42 AM #32 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:52:39 AM by Albafika
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:07:57 AMEven he admitted he stole the codes.

He did admit to the theft, so the least I could do is go and remove his name from every code listed on the OP. At the moment, these have his name (Are these codes 100% PMBR's work? If so, I'll gladly go and remove his name from them):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:07:57 AM
Albafika, how would you like it if I took ALL your work, and uploaded it to a thread. I provided my own download link, and didn't link it to your vault or anything, and at first claimed it was all my work. Would you appreciate that? Would you be fine with keeping that thread open?
I don't condone what SonicBrawler did at all. But, the scenario here is slightly different from what you give us as an example:

Said codes are not on the Vault, only on this thread.

It's not the same as posting them on the Vault, and have an idiot copy-paste it on a thread and claim it his/her.

Regardless of the circumstances, we are not removing this thread for the reasons stated before by Miacis:

Quote from: Miacis on September 25, 2013, 01:17:47 AM
* There is nothing in our rules that prevents people from posting codes made by others, if proper credit is given.
* We've had other users showcasing works from people who had never uploaded their productions to BV, so anyone could enjoy their work.
* Whether those codes were stolen, copied from Dantarion's wiki/pastebin or willingly given really isn't something that concerns us, or even anywhere near our jurisdiction to be perfectly honest.
* You'll have to settle this with him in private.

November 08, 2013, 12:58:57 PM #33 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:10:32 PM by Miacis
I'll move that massive derail about ds22's complaints regarding the way this board is moderated into a more well-suited section. Feel free to repost anything related to what is actually important on this thread.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Can't we all just try to get along and try to make a team effort to make a code for a not-so-public but stable release of the codes? It's easier than just discussing if the codes were stolen or not, if they're safe or not, and if they are perfect or not. The Kc-mm forum community can have their perfect clone codes if they want to pass by the trouble to set everything up right with cosmetics and such, which take up a long time which most people tend to look away to it, and the P:M team can have what they most desire to provoke as what I've seen from most previews (the extreme HYPE ((more concentrated towards the Melee fan base, which some might not know to how to prepare hacks properly)) from a fully working Clone Engine with ALL cosmetics working for a more public and a more hype-a-licious public release! :D )

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

November 09, 2013, 11:57:01 PM #35 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:08:30 AM by shadowXtreme
lol, all of this for a few. ¨stolen¨ codes, ok if we are right people,
then I should way: your consoles are modified, install oficial FW!!

EDIT:

damn I just seen project M Work,.. wanting to add many new characters, and fix the actual Clone engine problems,..   maybe this codes should be removed,. to not discourage project M members.. they are doing a great job!

November 10, 2013, 12:26:42 AM #36 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:28:48 AM by frozenfire98
Quote from: shadowXtreme on November 09, 2013, 11:57:01 PM
lol, all of this for a few. ¨stolen¨ codes, ok if we are right people,
then I should way: your consoles are modified, install oficial FW!!

EDIT:

damn I just seen project M Work,.. wanting to add many new characters, and fix the actual Clone engine problems,..   maybe this codes should be removed,. to not discourage project M members.. they are doing a great job!

No offense to any of the pmbr team at ALL but not everyone wants to play project m. I for one am perfectly happy without it and people who don't use project m should also have the opportunity.

ALSO, after 2 days of experimenting/testing I finally got the clone engine To work on rivolution!!! :D will be making a thread about it sometime soon but I will NOT be posting the codes just the other needed part out of respect for the PMBR


Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Quote from: frozenfire98 on November 10, 2013, 12:26:42 AM
No offense to any of the pmbr team at ALL but not everyone wants to play project m. I for one am perfectly happy without it and people who don't use project m should also have the opportunity.

ALSO, after 2 days of experimenting/testing I finally got the clone engine To work on rivolution!!! :D will be making a thread about it sometime soon but I will NOT be posting the codes just the other needed part out of respect for the PMBR




I dont use project M neither,.. Im just guessing that when the next version of project M comes, I mean with a working clone engine,. such codeset will eventually go to public -_-, if not, I will say BRAVO!, to Sonicbrawler´s Leak..

except that I didnt leak it. I found it on pastebin.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm going to wait for the Project M release, but I'll be kind of bummed if they don't release the clone engine hack independently of PM because it'd be much easier to tinker around with that way. I trust their testing polish enough that I'd rather just wait for them to fully release it.

I have one question to any of the PMBR members in here.

In case someone does not intend to play Project M at all, but still intends to add characters to his Brawl roster, even if complicated stuff would have to be learned, would it be absolutely possible by the time of Project M's next public release? And could he count with the help of the developers in order to get it to work?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: User 4477 on November 10, 2013, 02:03:49 PM
I have one question to any of the PMBR members in here.

In case someone does not intend to play Project M at all, but still intends to add characters to his Brawl roster, even if complicated stuff would have to be learned, would it be absolutely possible by the time of Project M's next public release? And could he count with the help of the developers in order to get it to work?


As to what I've seen from the P:M team, they;re only interest in P:M is to make Brawl into a Melee adaptation. The Clone Engine must be a side obstacle just getting in the way of completing that mission, hence why I doubt they'd want anyone trying to alter/mod their codes for their own use. If they'd actually support people modding their stuff, they would have already released the codes from the 2.6b demo.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

November 11, 2013, 08:50:29 AM #42 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:01:14 AM by Dantarion
Okay.
I asked for these not to be posted, but they are posted anyways. Whatever.

Is anyone actively WORKING on clone engine [censored]?
Has anyone looked at these codes to see what they even do?

OP, did you throw these codes up expecting for someone to pop out of nowhere and throw out a fully developed clone engine for everyone to gobble up?

If there was a incentive for me to actually take the time to write up everything about everything I know about this stuff, I totally would. I mean, I created OpenSA and posted almost every piece of information about Brawl and Melee that I could there, and that info is used daily by people creating Brawl mods.
--------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, at this point, I am pretty sure I can clone almost any character in the entire game. However, I really don't think its worth it to make an incredibly complicated "generic" system to make things work, because Brawl's structure doesn't lend well to that at all.

There is table after table of hardcoded information for each slot, and PWs and my work has only just begun to see the end of that data.

So for Project M, its easier for me to say "oh, we want to do X char? I'm going to spend X amount of hours cloning it, ds22 is going to help and spend X amount of hours, so and so is going to make a model from scrach, so and so is going to animate it, and so and so is going to make a PSA for it, then all of the PMBR members are going to test it, and then we will release it to thousands of people when its done?"

THAT is why I continue to pour hours of time into Project M. I am working with a team of people that appreciate my unqiue skillset when it comes to Brawl modding, and I get an emotional return from doing said work, for free.

Sure, I can clone pretty much any char, but its just as fulfilling to release something that pretty much serves no purpose to anyone beyond maybe....100 people in the entire world.

That being said, once things die down a bit, I will definitely be willing to post about cloning characters

Post Merge: November 11, 2013, 09:01:14 AM

Quote from: User 4477 on November 10, 2013, 02:03:49 PM
I have one question to any of the PMBR members in here.

In case someone does not intend to play Project M at all, but still intends to add characters to his Brawl roster, even if complicated stuff would have to be learned, would it be absolutely possible by the time of Project M's next public release? And could he count with the help of the developers in order to get it to work?


The character modules in Project M don't even work in vBrawl anymore.
You would need to have a basic understanding of PPC ASM to port a character, but the barrier to porting one is actually lower now that people can run dolphin on their computer and test modified modules.

I can create a module, decompile it into raw ASM, insert/delete a line, rebuild it, and load it inside dolphin within about 30-45 seconds, and then I can get an extra stack trace of where the game crashed when it doesn't work. If I had that ability two years ago, it would have saved me a LOT of trouble

November 11, 2013, 09:37:39 AM #43 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:46:31 AM by Sora_pikazz.rel
I know this is NOT the place but I need to just need to say my word, will take it in somewhere else next time

Dant, I know you are really great at hacking with the roots of brawl itself and all but it feels like you see yourself and PW as a god and all the "others" would pray to get little something like a cup of water to survive a whole day!
(its a metamorph, not a example)

and I have read earlier that you said that KC-MM is just a bunch of groamers that just yelling and want this and that and know nothing and complains about everything! well, teach us! and I really want to be taught with this stuff!
know you saying that you releasing information on your wiki page with alot of information and stuff and I am not sure about how other are using it but I am using it really alot and wisely and have learned alot from it in the progress!

I mean, thanks by PW who help me a little, I did actually make characters being able to do a special throw! (like bowsers SideB and Kirbys B) and I did actually "help" himself in the progress by knowing how to port articles to already existing articles like the Rob beam to Marios Fireball! just because I "saw" how the throw work but I dont know ASM more than PWs knowledge, not even 10-15%
(where even able to hack the PAT0 alot before/around Brawlbox 0.63 time just because I "saw" how it worked, believe you should remembered it on the smashboard 3-4 years ago)

I think I should stop before making this topic way too offtopic than it should be but do you know a great tutorial/guide of how to create brawl codes or a advance ASM in general?

would you think you could PM me it? or be my teacher yourself?
Stupid Tinypic :C

Well thats just the thing. There are no "how to learn PPC ASM" tutorials and guides.

It doesn't make sense to write a guide on how to do this stuff with 99% of the people that would read it aren't going to be able to use what I write. You HAVE to learn this stuff yourself.

My favorite example of a person that elevated himself to a skilled level is standardtoaster from the PMBR. He didn't nessesarily know ASM or Brawl hacking, but in the past year or so he has been part of the PMBR, he has learned enough  to do a lot of stuff on his own. And when he does ask me for help, he knows enough about what he is trying to do that answering his question doesn't require me to do all the work for him.

As a result, almost every single code I have made recently for Project M has ended up saying [Dantarion, standardtoaster] because I can also bounce ideas off him and get help for things I may have forgotten and am not familiar with.

I don't really get a vibe like that from this site. These codes have been posted for so long now, but has anyone actually done anything with them? Has anyone even read the ASM code?