Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 131623 times)
pinipigbomb
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »

Hey sorry for the late response, I suppose the quote Chrom says for his up b would be "Grrroooaaaaaahhhhh"
Lol, I should have been a little more specific. I want to map one of Chrom's critical quotes (Mainly "Now I'm angry!" or one of his "UWAAAAAH!'s") to his dash attack or up special and I need to know which specific IKE sound the PSA uses when performing either. Is it possible you can get him to say victory quotes at the result screen?

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Revan
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: April 03, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »

My bad, yeah Ike normally calls a sound for his up special, but I deleted it from Chrom's. Just put it on the sound effect Ike calls for his Up Special (The one that's not him saying Aether, he calls two.) Then I'll just call it in Chrom's .pac. Oh, and a UWAHHH would work perfectly for it.
    And it is totally possible to call sounds on the result screen.

Also, if your gonna be editing your .sawnd file, I have a few requests.
    First remove the following quotes from the common attacks, like his aaa combo and forward tilt, and replace then with grunts and stuff. I only say this because he talks a little too much for a brawl character, when usually you mostly hear grunts.

Right
    Come On
    As One

After that, the Down Smash can be put as a common attack sound, Fully Charged NB can be put on the down smash. "Come On" can be put on Up Taunt, I'm looking for a better sound for the fully charged NB, Im not really sure what would be good, just something epic. "Now I'm Angry" can be added as the second sound for his Counter, I'm pretty sure Ike uses two different sounds for his counter, so you can just put it over the second sound and it should work. Finally, "As One" can be added as the second sound for Aether, we can set it so he calls the second sound at random in his .pac. With these changes I feel like it should be perfect, I'll also adjust the timing of the sound effect of things to better fit what is being said as well.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: April 03, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »

Ike actually has 4 lines for his counter. He says, "Take this!", "You're open!", "You're through!", and "Got you!". Also Chrom saying "Now I'm angry!" would be good for a charge type of move like if you put it on his N B charge just before it hits or something. I did it with Ike for his. I made his charge last 10 seconds, and had the Asynchronous Timer set to 270 frames so he said "You're through!" just before it was at max. Obviously Chrom's wouldn't be that long but you get the idea.

On the timing of the sounds, if you want I can do the Vis0 side of the animations so it looks like what he's saying for you.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:28:04 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: April 04, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »

I actually liked how talkative Chrom was, lol, but I can do something about that. However, I've only ever heard him say "My turn!" whenever he counters, but that's probably just me. Only problem is that I will have to create some grunt sounds out of the existing .wav files because Chrom's sound bank doesn't really have any grunts or anything of that sort. Can I still keep "Have another!" for the Luna portion of Aether? I can change that, but I like the way it worked out for some reason. And would you mind if I bring out some suggestions for the PSA? I don't have very much knowledge as to how PSA works, so I apologize in advance if my requests are a little out there.  I like the way the first part (Sol) of Aether works in that it stuns the opponent briefly before Chrom deals out Luna. Would it be possible to make Luna like Ike's side special (Chrom rushes towards and through the opponent with a quick draw effect)? The reason I'm suggesting that is in the event it is used in the air. I think Chrom should do both Sol and Luna if used in the air to add more recovery options, because currently, Chrom doesn't have many good options at this point.

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:47 PM »

I actually liked how talkative Chrom was, lol, but I can do something about that. However, I've only ever heard him say "My turn!" whenever he counters, but that's probably just me. Only problem is that I will have to create some grunt sounds out of the existing .wav files because Chrom's sound bank doesn't really have any grunts or anything of that sort. Can I still keep "Have another!" for the Luna portion of Aether? I can change that, but I like the way it worked out for some reason. And would you mind if I bring out some suggestions for the PSA? I don't have very much knowledge as to how PSA works, so I apologize in advance if my requests are a little out there.  I like the way the first part (Sol) of Aether works in that it stuns the opponent briefly before Chrom deals out Luna. Would it be possible to make Luna like Ike's side special (Chrom rushes towards and through the opponent with a quick draw effect)? The reason I'm suggesting that is in the event it is used in the air. I think Chrom should do both Sol and Luna if used in the air to add more recovery options, because currently, Chrom doesn't have many good options at this point.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been in vegas for the weekend so I haven't been on in a bit.
    Anyway, Ike definitely does say other things for his counter, I guess you just have to play him enough to hear the other quotes, as Chrom's sfx for that attack is still Ike's. I do understand that he lacks some grunts, I had to make some of my own when I made my chrom.sawnd. Though they weren't the best quality.
    If you dont feel like making them you can always mute that sound as well.
    But yes, "Have Another" will still be there for his Side-B. It will just play the other sound at random just so the attack is a little more lively.
    Also, on the ground when Chrom uses Luna he will charge through the stunned opponent in his final version. In the air though the attack is fine as is. I play Chrom frequently, and I never have problems with recovery, some of the beta testers even said his recovery with his Side-B slots him in among the characters with the best recoveries. Besides that, with Chrom's great air moves, his Side-B is absolutely great for mixups mid fight, as it allows for a mid air stall for a few frames. So I don't want to make that attack better than it already is with giving it more options, on top of the options the attack gives the rest of the moveset.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:02:17 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: April 07, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »

Hey RG. Do you guys have a line of communication with guy creating the new Chrom model? Just wondering if he's any closer to it being finished.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: April 08, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »

Check the model import thread. Page 915, last response on that page.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: April 08, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »

Check the model import thread. Page 915, last response on that page.
    Thanks! I didn't know where to look. He looks great though.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: April 08, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »

Yeah I was planning on contacting him after we release BK's last beta, which should be around the middle of the month.

EDIT: I've talked to KazeCoyote and it seems Chrom will be released soon. So be expecting his release to be coming soon as well.  Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:00:38 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: April 08, 2014, 07:40:15 PM »

Yeah I was planning on contacting him after we release BK's last beta, which should be around the middle of the month.

EDIT: I've talked to KazeCoyote and it seems Chrom will be released soon. So be expecting his release to be coming soon as well.  Kirby Dance
    Very nice! Can't wait to use him! Also I see that the OP has been slightly changed.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

Indeed. With Sheik being revealed, and well, my main character, I felt I had to make an ssbu version. That and I have always hated that Sheik is minus a move so she can transform into a character I don't use, on top of having a [censored]ty chain. I think Sakurai is a genius for changing both of those moves.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: April 08, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »

Damn straight man. I love what he did with her moveset. Plus Sheik is just awesome.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: April 29, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »

Hope I'm not necroposting... Anyway, would it be alright if I waited to complete the SFX until you wrap up the PSA? I understand that we're probably a ways off, but it would be easier if I waited until the SFX calls in the PSA are finalized.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: April 29, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

Indeed, I was planning on blowing the dust off this topic and dropping some Chrom updates soon. His psa is pretty much done. When it comes to the psa for his sfx, I believe we just need to put the event that calls a random sound out of two, and that should be done. We have been working a lot on all of his graphics and hitbox fixes for a while now, mostly for his FS. Were trying to make it look really perfect.
    I have also made some of the edits I mentioned already to your .sawnd file as well. Nothing major though.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6w963av84vgm92/Chrom.sawnd

Like I said though his psa should be completely finished with a couple days. We just have to make the Aether graphics for his FS look perfect, along with the sfx codding for his side B. Do you know anything about converting his sfx to be a brawl ex slot?

Also, pictures of his updates will be posted soon, and possibly a video.

amircury
    블로그 큐레이터
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: April 29, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »

Hate to bother you and be "that guy", but how's SSBU Sheik coming along?

Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: