The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik

Started by RevenantMammoth, November 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who should come out first?

Black Knight
9 (27.3%)
Chrom
18 (54.5%)
Hector
2 (6.1%)
Roy
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

It's all good. After all, SSBU Sheik is still in the title lol
I've finished both her grenade animation, and bouncing fish. Outside from working on Chrom, i'm daydreaming on how I want the grenade to work. I really want to use Sheik's chain somehow so it can work as an article but as of now i'm not sure. Bouncing Fish should be really easy once the time comes though.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on April 30, 2014, 03:49:35 AM
It's all good. After all, SSBU Sheik is still in the title lol
I've finished both her grenade animation, and bouncing fish. Outside from working on Chrom, i'm daydreaming on how I want the grenade to work. I really want to use Sheik's chain somehow so it can work as an article but as of now i'm not sure. Bouncing Fish should be really easy once the time comes though.
I think someone pointed out she uses the chain to throw the grenade out and pull the pin on it, if that's what you meant by "how I want the grenade to work".
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Well, I meant more on the technical side.
I'm not sure how much Sheik's chain can be edited, so making it work like the burst grenade could prove difficult.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on April 30, 2014, 04:10:24 AM
Well, I meant more on the technical side.
I'm not sure how much Sheik's chain can be edited, so making it work like the burst grenade could prove difficult.
Ah, I see. I can see that being hard. It seems like it'd be as simple as adding a retextured Snake grenade to the end, and editing the chain a bit, but I don't know technical stuff.
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Only a couple days until Chrom's PSA is done huh? Very Nice! Can't wait.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why does everyone forget the Black Knight? =(

April 30, 2014, 02:31:58 PM #351 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:32:56 PM by Naoto-san
I don't think anyone did. But Chrom's was in the works for quite a while, so maybe people are really attached to it because of that. I'm just excited because I got the chance to test him out more so then the Black Knight since he had more work done on him.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If someone could take Snake's grenade, and add Sheik's chain to it, you could animate it how it needed to be, and then make it an ExtGFX.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on April 30, 2014, 08:54:44 PM
If someone could take Snake's grenade, and add Sheik's chain to it, you could animate it how it needed to be, and then make it an ExtGFX.

Biggest problem with just making it a graphic, is the going through walls and floors. Otherwise that would work.

For those of you curious about other projects other then chrom here's what's going on.

The black knight was set to release a beta soon. Before we could button him up we noticed kazecoyote had posted about his model and that it was being rigged. That put us full steam ahead on chrom, no distractions.

SSBU sheik on the other hand has the necessary animations, but with all eyes on chrom I will not be touching that project until chrom is done and the black knights beta is out.

Quote from: ShinyMammoth on April 30, 2014, 10:41:22 PM
Biggest problem with just making it a graphic, is the going through walls and floors. Otherwise that would work.
Isn't it possible to make something like "If touching wall or floor" on a GFX? I know it works for the character himself, but does it work for the GFX?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on April 30, 2014, 11:24:50 PM
Isn't it possible to make something like "If touching wall or floor" on a GFX? I know it works for the character himself, but does it work for the GFX?

Then what would it do? Bounce?

It can't bounce unless it's an article or something similar. GFX don't just bounce.

You could try a reverse direction, but that would reverse the direction of Sheik as well.

And I'm pretty sure you can't do that for a GFX to begin with.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well all GFX go into the wall. Take Toad for example. When you use it by a wall, more than half of his body is in the wall.

Quote from: Tidus on April 30, 2014, 11:39:46 PM
Then what would it do? Bounce?

It can't bounce unless it's an article or something similar. GFX don't just bounce.

You could try a reverse direction, but that would reverse the direction of Sheik as well.

And I'm pretty sure you can't do that for a GFX to begin with.
[censored]... I just thought it could explode directly on the ground or on a wall...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Maybe you could make a dummy hitbox connected to the bomb so whenever the dummy hitbox runs into a wall it removes the GFX and causes an explosion.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on May 01, 2014, 12:25:06 AM
Maybe you could make a dummy hitbox connected to the bomb so whenever the dummy hitbox runs into a wall it removes the GFX and causes an explosion.
This is what I thought about. So it wouldn't look too weird.

So, I'm sure that I'm not a total idiot now... Lol
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.