Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm trying to add in sfx...  (Read 1668 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 16, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »

I've already looked around the vault because I know topics like this have to be frequent, but I can't find any that directly answer my question.

I'm using Gecko and file patch 3.5.3. I'm trying to edit sounds for the second roster.

There was recently something put out called Super Sawndz which had a code to make it work for Gecko users.

I've input the code, and I've made a sfx foler= pf/sfx as the tutorial says, although I'm also aware that I have an sfx folder in my sound folder (pf/sound/sfx) that I use for the my custom music, and I wasn't sure if that was an issue. So Which is it?

Anyway, I don't have enough room for an entire brsar, so is it possible for me to JUST use the .sawnd files, and if so where do I put them exactly? The pf/sound/sfx? or pf/sfx?

If not then can I remove other characters from the brsar for space? And if the game loads that, will it also load sfx for characters from the disc along side? (Like hypothetically if I just changed Ness' voice to Knuckles with a brsar that only had Knuckles voice for Ness' ID (to conserve space), but not my Super Mario over Mario who would be loading his sfx from the disc, would this actually be possible?

I need these 3 answered. I hope someone can figure out what I'm trying to say :/

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »

You only place in the BRSAR file in the sound folder only if you're using Riivolution. For Gecko, you need the modded version of Super Sawnds to take the sawnd files, and convert them into BNK Files. You would then put in those BNK Files into the pf/sfx folder.

For more info, go here.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »

I see.

That doesn't sound so bad, but when I'm using Super Sawndz to make a .bnk file it tells me that the cod I put into my gct on the page you recommended doesn't support .bnk files.

If I don't use the code, then will .bnk files work? I feel this mesage is to let me know it won't.

Post Merge: November 16, 2013, 10:36:31 AM
    I went ahead and put in a bnk file that I already had into pf/sfx. I had never tried putting it in before, but upon doing so nothing happened. No sounds were changed. I must not have the right code? Will the codee he provided allow bnk files to work?
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:36:31 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »

If you want to change codes, you'd have to restart your game. Codes are applied only when you run Gecko. The link I sent you should have everything you need, including the needed codes.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »

Hm...

Well if I put in 10.Sawnd version of a pit voice it doesn't work.
    If I put a 10.bnk version of a pit voice it also doesn't work. I don't think I'm missing steps. The only thing I'm not using is a brsar because most of the downloads I have come with a bnk or a sawnd.

So despite the code being present, neither version of it works in RSBE/pf/sfx or RSB4/pf/sfx.

Thank you for trying but I'm just so confused as to what I did wrong. I might just forget about it. Maybe if the guy you linked me to makes a video I'd see if there's a step I'm missing...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: