The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: br3compactor on January 01, 2014, 05:49:03 AM
2014.

BEST YEAR EVER.

AT DAY ONE.

Thissss



And yeah. Program won't start for me either. This isn't like blackjax's joke right?
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Kienamaru on January 01, 2014, 05:47:06 AM
Oh PW I meant like.. how PM uses Roy with his own voice. How do we do THAT?

You'll have to ask the PMBR for more details, but from what I understand, they filled Rayquaza's soundbank with Roy's voices and used it in his fighter configuration.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on January 01, 2014, 05:47:20 AM
So what happens with Kirby's Copy Ability?

Kirby treats the ExCharacters like Alloys, so his copy won't crash or give him an ability.


. . .

"while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted."

Geez guys.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 01, 2014, 05:48:46 AM
Okay, quick noob question:

How do I start the app? D: I double click on it and nothing happens on my laptop.

And no USB support, eh? Oh, well. D:

There shouldn't be any startup requirements on the application. All I can say is that it requires the latest Visual Studio Framework to run.

BrawlEx also works fine on USB - it just requires an SD card to load up the config files.

. . .

2 replies later...

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 01, 2014, 05:51:11 AM
Impressive.

I will soon return to reexamining articles so we can do more with PSAs.......

Glad to hear it. I'll be here to help out.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 01, 2014, 05:53:50 AM
Thissss

And yeah. Program won't start for me either. This isn't like blackjax's joke right?

Alright, I'll take a quick look to see what's up.

Heheheh, you should have expected that many replies, bud. ;)

And K. I'll try to jam the [censored]er in and load it via Riivo.

Alright, I've confirmed the bug and know where it's located. Give me a sec and I'll have a working version up and running.

As a PSA maker, I'm excited for this. I wonder if I can even use incomplete PSA files with this and test them independently from their base characters (ex. Roy or my K. Rool)

January 01, 2014, 06:06:51 AM #20 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:04:14 AM by PhantomWings
And done.

BrawlEx Config Utility v1.1

Quote from: br3compactor on January 01, 2014, 05:49:03 AM
2014.

BEST YEAR EVER.

AT DAY ONE.

This all the way  :srs:
Too bad i have no viable way of using this due to not having a functioning wii  :oshi:
Regardless you just filled many people's lives with happiness and joy Phantom so thanks i look forward to one day being able to use it

HOLY. MOTHER. OF [censored].
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 01, 2014, 06:16:07 AM #23 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:47:07 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Chuy on January 01, 2014, 06:12:12 AM
This all the way  :srs:
Too bad i have no viable way of using this due to not having a functioning wii  :oshi:
Regardless you just filled many people's lives with happiness and joy Phantom so thanks i look forward to one day being able to use it

It works for the Dolphin emulator if you'd like. :)


Also, I forgot something: The config files are only loaded from

SD:/private/wii/App/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/...

Even if your primary patching directory is something else, it will still only search that location. I'll update the OP with that.

Quote from: Segtendo on January 01, 2014, 06:14:05 AM
HOLY. MOTHER. OF [censored].

:D

"Not a vaild Win32 application."
:oshi:
Can this happen cuz I still use Windows XP?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 06:16:07 AM
It works for the Dolphin emulator if you'd like. :)


Also, I forgot something: The config files are only loaded from

SD:/private/wii/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/...

Even if your primary patching directory is something else, it will still only search that location. I'll update the OP with that.

Sadly all my computers died and i'm typing this from my mobile phone so i can't use it yet regardless XD
Yeah might want to update that info...

Quote from: Segtendo on January 01, 2014, 06:17:26 AM
"Not a vaild Win32 application."
:oshi:
Can this happen cuz I still use Windows XP?

Not very important for the topic but...

Unless you have a very outdated machine, you should really try Seven. You won't regret it one bit.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


January 01, 2014, 06:41:51 AM #27 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:44:09 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Segtendo on January 01, 2014, 06:17:26 AM
"Not a vaild Win32 application."
:oshi:
Can this happen cuz I still use Windows XP?

Yeah, that looks to be a bug with VS2012 not supporting XP anymore >_>.

I'll see if I can get you a build that works for XP.

Hmm, I noticed I have the old clone engine. Should I get rid of it?.. I might take it out either way since the issue with saving it. But yeah, lol.

January 01, 2014, 07:05:31 AM #29 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:07:50 AM by PhantomWings
Alright, I've updated the config utility again to be compatible with WindowsXP. It requires the .net Framework 4.0 to run now though.

BrawlEx Config Utility v1.1a Download

Quote from: Batman on January 01, 2014, 06:50:07 AM
Hmm, I noticed I have the old clone engine. Should I get rid of it?.. I might take it out either way since the issue with saving it. But yeah, lol.

It goes without saying that anything related to modifying Cosmetic or internal Fighter data will likely be incompatible with BrawlEx.