The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on March 29, 2014, 02:42:08 AM
Nebulon's port.

Nebulon's port uses Donkey Kong's SFX ID.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

So what exactly needs to be added in order to make the alloys playable? Say if i wanted to just add the red alloy how would i go about that? Is it the same process for adding in new slots except i just use the config files for the alloys instead?



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Just so you know, the 13th of the Fighter IC-Constants which is labled "U12Flag" in BrawlEx's Configuration utilty is actually the ThrownType. It controls what Thrown animation the character goes into when tossed around. Characters with a value of 1 get thrown with the ThrownDx animation.

For example, If Ike Back throws his victim, normal characters would use the ThrownB animation in Ike's Motion while other characters like Kirby, Jiggs, and G&W use the ThrownDxB animation in Ike's MotionEtc.pac instead.

I think this should be editable if down the line when more characters with different values become Ex modules.

Quote from: KidCraft24 on March 29, 2014, 03:53:50 AM
So what exactly needs to be added in order to make the alloys playable? Say if i wanted to just add the red alloy how would i go about that? Is it the same process for adding in new slots except i just use the config files for the alloys instead?
start off by grabbing the alloy cosmetics from the OP. It'll have all the cosmetic files properly named and in the right sections in selcharacter (but named by folder instead of in the actual file).

go into your selcharacter file and add all of these in their respective locations with their given names. easy enough

then go into the miscdata[30]/anmtexpat/menselchrfaceA_topN__0 and under face02/texture0 and face 06/texture0, add 4 new entries each

give them MenSelchrChrFace.062 - MenSelchrChrFace.065 for texture and frame index 611-641

then do the whole export replace for faceA through faceI

finally be sure to go into their costume portaits and add another 5 or so for additional slots

you know just like when adding any other cosmetics.


then just use the config editor, open CSSRoster.dat and add the 4 slots for the alloys wherever you want.


now idk why, but i must have messed up these steps to have the wrong tiles attributed to the wrong alloys. have better luck than me!

V. 1.00

what about the config files i don't see a CSSSLOT config file for any of the alloys they have everything else though.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

you don't need one, they are already in the game ;) you're just making a way to select them (just like im gunna do with giga bowser and wario man.) they're playable characters like everyone else, just unaccessible without an icon.

V. 1.00

To those who know about announcer calls. Quick question.

I'm trying to add announcer calls to my clones by editing some enemy's sound bank to have the announcer calls. Do the announcer calls have to be the same frequency as the announcer calls? The sounds I'm replacing are 32000hz. I tried doing them at 32000hz. Nothing. Tried it at 16000hz. Nothing. I have the .sawnd in pf\sfx, and the announcer calls are silence when I select them. :-\
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 29, 2014, 05:40:47 AM #4612 Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:41:47 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Segtendo on March 29, 2014, 05:39:08 AM
To those who know about announcer calls. Quick question.

I'm trying to add announcer calls to my clones by editing some enemy's sound bank to have the announcer calls. Do the announcer calls have to be the same frequency as the announcer calls? The sounds I'm replacing are 32000hz. I tried doing them at 32000hz. Nothing. Tried it at 16000hz. Nothing. I have the .sawnd in pf\sfx, and the announcer calls are silence when I select them. :-\

The soundbank has to be one that is loaded in the menu. Enemy soundbanks aren't loaded except when playing SSE. It's just like when a character with sounds that are in another character's soundbanks aren't loaded. The sounds simply don't play.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Oh bummer. I didn't know that :-\
Curious. Which group in Super Sawndz did you find the sounds in this post?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 29, 2014, 05:45:42 AM
Oh bummer. I didn't know that :-\
Curious. Which group in Super Sawndz did you find the sounds in this post?

I think it was menu, but I've also learned that if you can keep the file size low enough you can replace the sounds the wiimote makes when you select the characters. You have to keep the volume and/or quality pretty low, though, otherwise filesize shenanigans will happen.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

from my experience with announcer call i'd suggest replacing announcer voice clips that are unused via super sawndz. though to avoid going over group size limits you should make sure the sound your replacing with has the same sample rate. but by replacing clips used by the announcer you'll get that echoey effect all the normal characters have.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Quote from: ShinF on March 29, 2014, 05:40:47 AM
The soundbank has to be one that is loaded in the menu. Enemy soundbanks aren't loaded except when playing SSE. It's just like when a character with sounds that are in another character's soundbanks aren't loaded. The sounds simply don't play.

So, if I try to replace the Primids SFX to make a Soundpack for a character, the sounds just won't load?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 29, 2014, 06:07:30 AM
So, if I try to replace the Primids SFX to make a Soundpack for a character, the sounds just won't load?
It works if you also change the soundbank ID in the fighter config.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on March 29, 2014, 06:08:47 AM
It works if you also change the soundbank ID in the fighter config.

But he said that they'll only play when going to the SSE.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 29, 2014, 06:11:10 AM
But he said that they'll only play when going to the SSE.
I've done a character that uses Primid soundbank.
I know that, at the very least, the Primid will work.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!