Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837916 times)
Drjack6
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6405 on: June 16, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »

Figured it out. Brawlbox was corrupting the modules.
Switched to module editor and it worked.

TehCupcakes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6406 on: June 16, 2014, 08:49:11 PM »

Any ideas what could cause a blank roster besides a missing CSSRoster.dat? I have that file in the right location and it lists all the characters I have, so I know that's not it. I'm trying to add a custom character to Brawl DX using BrawlEx. I followed the CSS expansion instructions, then added all the config files for another character in their folders, and portraits in sc_selcharacter.pac. Yet when I load up, I get a blank roster; no error or crash, just empty.

I tried backing up and deleting to files to troubleshoot what might be the problem, and I found that deleting common3.pac restores my roster... But it defaults to Brawl DX's list, so no custom character that I added. :/ Any ideas?

Allbait
Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6407 on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »

Any ideas what could cause a blank roster besides a missing CSSRoster.dat? I have that file in the right location and it lists all the characters I have, so I know that's not it. I'm trying to add a custom character to Brawl DX using BrawlEx. I followed the CSS expansion instructions, then added all the config files for another character in their folders, and portraits in sc_selcharacter.pac. Yet when I load up, I get a blank roster; no error or crash, just empty.

I tried backing up and deleting to files to troubleshoot what might be the problem, and I found that deleting common3.pac restores my roster... But it defaults to Brawl DX's list, so no custom character that I added. :/ Any ideas?
    Are you placing all the files in the correct place/named the brawlex folder properly? It sounds like a file name/placement issue if it's all there.

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6408 on: June 16, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »

Can anyone else prove/disprove this problem?

Zelda clones can't fight Zelda. I've tried several times to get chun li to fight Zelda but everytime the battle is about start chun-li loads but Zelda will freeze the game. Is it just me?

(I am using the Zelda stand alone module)

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6409 on: June 16, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »

Can anyone else prove/disprove this problem?

Zelda clones can't fight Zelda. I've tried several times to get chun li to fight Zelda but everytime the battle is about start chun-li loads but Zelda will freeze the game. Is it just me?

(I am using the Zelda stand alone module)
    ur not using all the zela clone files needed
    ex. fitclonezeldaentry
    fitclonzeldafinal
    etc

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6410 on: June 16, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »

ex. fitclonezeldaentry
    fitclonzeldafinal
    etc
    I think he means vZelda is not loading.

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6411 on: June 16, 2014, 10:55:27 PM »

ex. fitclonezeldaentry
    fitclonzeldafinal
    etc
    I think he means vZelda is not loading.

Yes chun-li works fine its vZelda. she works just fine against any other player except chun-li

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6412 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

Make sure you don't have the custom CSS code or the giga and company fix code in your gct.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6413 on: June 16, 2014, 11:27:25 PM »

Make sure you don't have the custom CSS code or the giga and company fix code in your gct.

The Custom CSS code doesn't affect Zelda.
    The Giga and Company code loads Mario instead of a clone.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6414 on: June 16, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »

So, i was told that my pack, despite not messing with custom gfx, also may require backing out of the css after each match. sooo, that might be something fundamentally wrong with brawlex

V. 1.00

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6415 on: June 17, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »

So, i was told that my pack, despite not messing with custom gfx, also may require backing out of the css after each match. sooo, that might be something fundamentally wrong with brawlex

i don't think so because so far with my custom build of brawlex i haven't had to do that even once so far.

the reason why you might be experienceing that freeze is because you still have a random slot that's chooseable.

i know i use to experience the same freeze you are but as soon as i removed my random slot i didn't experience any more freezes from not exiting the css after every match, so maybe you should try the same thing.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 12:42:37 AM
    the random slot isn't something you have to keep you know unless you really want it.

if you or anyone else wants to know how to select computers without a random slot just ask me and i will tell you how.
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:42:37 AM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6416 on: June 17, 2014, 03:24:52 AM »

The Custom CSS code doesn't affect Zelda.
    The Giga and Company code loads Mario instead of a clone.
    Having the custom CSS code on while you are using the CSSRoster.DAT will cause a blank CSS.

ajthag
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6417 on: June 17, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »

Just adding to the Zelda module bug list. Zelda clones are straight up weird. They are like that Vegeta psa with random crashes. I created a Phoenix Zelda clone and she worked fine against Zelda, 3p, and 4p matches(all including Zelda). But when I switched the color of a different clone(Link) it crashed just at the beginning of the match.

TehCupcakes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6418 on: June 17, 2014, 08:30:04 AM »

Thank you! It took me a while to find the right utilities to edit the gct, but I was able to remove the custom css from the brawldx gct and now it works. Smiley

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6419 on: June 17, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »

i don't think so because so far with my custom build of brawlex i haven't had to do that even once so far.

the reason why you might be experienceing that freeze is because you still have a random slot that's chooseable.

i know i use to experience the same freeze you are but as soon as i removed my random slot i didn't experience any more freezes from not exiting the css after every match, so maybe you should try the same thing.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 12:42:37 AM
    the random slot isn't something you have to keep you know unless you really want it.

if you or anyone else wants to know how to select computers without a random slot just ask me and i will tell you how.

well it's not me setting up the random selection incorrectly. it's set to avoid broken slots. If random still has something to do with it despite it being set up right, then idk.

V. 1.00

Pages:  1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: