Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827632 times)
UltIMa647
Expert Kitten

Dogemar: President 2016. Very Great America. Wow.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8235 on: October 11, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »

And where does one get Phantom's special file?

Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8236 on: October 11, 2015, 03:16:09 PM »

And where does one get Phantom's special file?

First page, CSS Expansion download.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

UltIMa647
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8237 on: October 11, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »

While tring to open CSS Organizer and use the scselcharacter in the expansion, it said this
    ERROR: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of collection.
    Parameter Name:Index
    How do I fix this?

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8238 on: October 11, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »

So now that we've got the 14 costume slots working there's been another glaring issue I've tried tinkering with before but had no luck at solving.

With so many characters and costumes it's impossible to have enough stock icons to accommodate single player modes (It's not even a size issue, you literally cannot store that many files in the archive at one time without it crashing). I'm using 2x2 blank images to cut back space and make as many slots compatible as I can but I've hit the limit long ago, and naming all of the files for each individual outfit was quite a chore.

So instead of adding in new ones to fix all the new costumes I think I'm going to try and mess with it and get it to load either a single image for every stock, or none at all. I've tried removing various models associated with it in the sc_selcharacter.pac file but that only seems to cause crashing whenever they would be loaded.

Does anyone have any sort of idea as to where and how I might look into this? Even a best guess is fine, I'm just going to be doing trial and error to see if I can't get something to work.

Edit:
    Well I've reached a little snag in the 14 costumes.
    Seems like Kirby crashes the game with costumes 11 and Spy when swallowing any character that has multiple kirby files (DK, Falco, Olimar, Snake, etc). Changing them to single in BrawlEx doesn't stop the crash from happening either.
    The Dark costume won't swallow at all, and only spits out the enemy. Not sure if its in his psa that causes that or something else.

Edit 2:
    Still going through the costume setup.
    Game and Watch can't use the "Dark" slot. BrawlEx tries loading another glitchy clone directory.
    "(SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/gamewatch/FitGameWatchkirby/FitKirbyBAYONETTA.packirby/FitKirbyISAAC.pac)"

Cool thing to note though, he does load the "Spy" file instead of another colour palette. So you can have a second model of Game and Watch now.

I'm kind of curious about checking to see whether or not the "Fake" file works for other characters or not. It didn't load properly for Diddy, but considering the "Dark" file doesn't load for game and watch perhaps the Fake costume still works for other characters.
    Never mind, I checked with Mario and it tried loading the exact same file as Diddy, going to assume it's the same all around.
    Game and watch however can load colour slot 13 however it only loads another Game and Watch palette from FitGamewatch00.pcs.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:37:53 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

magicalhats4
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8239 on: October 17, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »

The link for the clone tool is down and i can't find it anywhere

kingshadow75
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8240 on: October 17, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »

is it possible to have independent pokemon for brawlex without the pokemon engine code

If people already know then i am late but if people don't know i am happy to share how
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:16:31 PM by kingshadow75 » Logged

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8241 on: October 20, 2015, 01:31:03 AM »

is it possible to have independent pokemon for brawlex without the pokemon engine code

If people already know then i am late but if people don't know i am happy to share how
    I think it should work if you add them separately by editing the CSSRoster.dat

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8242 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:16 AM »

It works the same way as Solo Sheik and ZSS, you need to add their configs into the brawlex folder, and edit the CSSRoster.dat file to include them.

magicalhats4
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8243 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »

Can someone send me the clone tool its been taken down everywhere Sad

UltIMa647
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8244 on: October 20, 2015, 05:57:58 AM »

Can someone send me the clone tool its been taken down everywhere Sad
    Look on the last few pages. I posted a new link someone sent me.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8245 on: October 27, 2015, 03:51:57 PM »

Well after a lot of trial and error I finally found out how to redirect all the stock icons to load up a single file.
    A bit busy at the moment, but I'll put up the necessary files and explain how to do it later. This should free up a bit of sc_selcharacter.pac file space for us, as well as make single player modes compatible with every alt costume and fighter!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8246 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

Well after a lot of trial and error I finally found out how to redirect all the stock icons to load up a single file.
    A bit busy at the moment, but I'll put up the necessary files and explain how to do it later. This should free up a bit of sc_selcharacter.pac file space for us, as well as make single player modes compatible with every alt costume and fighter!
    original scselcharacter is 3.79mb
    how much does it reduce?
    and does it include removing all characters battle portraits, as in "normal characters"?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8247 on: October 27, 2015, 07:18:53 PM »

original scselcharacter is 3.79mb
    how much does it reduce?
    and does it include removing all characters battle portraits, as in "normal characters"?
    Battle portraits should remain unaffected, this is just for the stock icons in MiscData[90].
    The archive had a limit with how many unique icons could exist in the file and because of that I wasn't able to have a stock icon loaded for every costume (The game would crash if it was unable to find a stock icon).

What I managed to do was edit the module in common3.pac that controls how stock icons load, and change it so that it only loads "InfStc" instead of "InfStc.XXX" depending on the costume and character loaded.

So basically you don't need to have a ton of stock icons to make additional costumes and fighters compatible with 1p modes, and you can remove all of the original ones too since they're only really used on that menu. I think they're maybe on the stage select menu as well, though there might be a second set of those in sc_selmap, I've never had any crashes or problems there before so I never checked.

I deleted the miscdata[90] from the original sc_selcharacter.pac and it freed up about 100kb, so it should probably be somewhere close to that much extra space you'll get if you haven't modified your stock icons. If you've put in a bunch of new ones you might save more, or less if you're like me and replaced them with placeholders (I saved about 40 - 50 kb I think). I think the main attraction here is that costumes without stock icons no longer crash on certain menus.

Anyway, here's the modified common3.pac: https://www.mediafire.com/?0mfg5475t12q2pc

It should work with the newest version of BrawlEx, just make sure you have a single stock icon named "InfStc" in your MiscData[90] archive, in your sc_selcharacter.pac file. You can have more icons in there but it won't read them, so there's no point.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8248 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »

Well i think removing battle portraits can decrease the siZe in the selcharacter pac file to provide better css icons and csps
    Because no offence
    But some of them included in packs, including yours, look really bad because how compressed they are

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8249 on: October 27, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »

Oh trust me I know, I have them cut down to half of their original res at this point and I really wish I didn't have to.
    Unfortunately battle pics aren't stored in the sc_selcharacter.pac at all, they're individual files in the pf/info/portrite folder. So removing them won't do much good at all. The only real solution to csps would be that alternate system Phantomwings was working on to load them from individual files like how result pics are loaded. Unfortunately in its current state it takes much too long to load every time you highlight a character. I did a demo video before showing what it would be like with 2 players trying to select a character (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczvjrKrKR8) , and it's pretty easy to imagine the impact of more.

I think if that ever got perfected though, that would likely be the only way to get high quality csps. I still have all of the original res versions of my csps just in case it ever comes to be.

Pages:  1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: