Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2838409 times)
Ultraxwing
Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8460 on: January 18, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

Are you setting up your Gecko loader to Axnexframe?
    I get this proble if the Hook type is NOT Axnexframe.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8461 on: January 18, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »

Are you setting up your Gecko loader to Axnexframe?
    I get this proble if the Hook type is NOT Axnexframe.

You can also add PMs AXNextFrame-VBI hook swap code. seems more stable. my wii used to get random crashes at the strap screen, that code fixed it. basically it loads the strap as AXNextFrame then switches to VBI after the game loads. so far havent found any glitches loading that way.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:11:30 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8462 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:16 AM »

Still not being able to use all of the wonderful Captain Falcon final smash alts in Blue Falcon 30 with Brawlex is painful.
    I wish fixing Brawlex's Captain Falcon module was easy. Cry

Would anybody like to test this Captain Falcon module on the actual console? I'm fairly certain i've fixed his crashes, but i can't test on console. Also, sorry for not being around. Been very busy with life stuff as of late..i haven't even had time to complete my work for Minus, let alone work on the Tool/Modules...anyways. Im also working on Yoshi's ExModule atm, who is also almost done, but there are a few quirks to work out still.

Although one problem has been fixed with the final smash, others remain. Interestingly, Dolphin would incorrectly not crash with Sammi Husky's modification before Dynamic BAT was merged. See SSBB Mod: Dolphin does not crash when real Wii does (Captain Falcon Brawlex .rel) for more information. Perhaps this indicates there are further problems with how the module interacts with the BAT registers?

*Quietly hopes this interests Sirkura and PyotrLuzhin in addition to Brawlex ASL*
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:00:54 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8463 on: January 19, 2016, 02:15:38 AM »

Still not being able to use all of the wonderful Captain Falcon final smash alts in Blue Falcon 30 with Brawlex is painful.
    I wish fixing Brawlex's Captain Falcon module was easy. Cry
    Sammi Huskey got it working in Dolphin but not the real Wii yet. So close!

*Quietly hopes this interests Sirkura and PyotrLuzhin in addition to Brawlex ASL*
    Definately interesting! ^^ also a fun fact since i hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere yet. the Roster.dat does not work on wifi.  the game crashes when the wifi CSS pops up.  using the roster code however does work. perhaps the data for the wifi CSS is kept somewhere else?

LucidK
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8464 on: January 19, 2016, 07:28:33 AM »

Sounds like your config files arent set up correctly. that also happens when you mess up the animpat files when adding custom cosmetics
    Ok, well I havent touched anything with custom cosmetics yet, so I know it can't be that. I'm still at the point where I'm trying to clone Lucas so I can transform his extra slot into another character. I want to add Spider-man, like as shown in some of the packs. How could I mess up the config files. From what I understand, all I do is copy and paste the 4 from the BrawlEX ConfigTemplate, and put them in the SD card in BrawlEX, under their 4 respective folders. (after modifying the fighter one the show EX/3F or whatever name/slot I'm using). Hoping for your insight, as I'm brand new at this. I know it'll be a process, but I want to be able to play SSBB with a ton of new characters. I tried a few of the packs, and the only one I could get to work was Project M which I disliked heavily.

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8465 on: January 19, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »

Ok, well I havent touched anything with custom cosmetics yet, so I know it can't be that. I'm still at the point where I'm trying to clone Lucas so I can transform his extra slot into another character. I want to add Spider-man, like as shown in some of the packs. How could I mess up the config files. From what I understand, all I do is copy and paste the 4 from the BrawlEX ConfigTemplate, and put them in the SD card in BrawlEX, under their 4 respective folders. (after modifying the fighter one the show EX/3F or whatever name/slot I'm using). Hoping for your insight, as I'm brand new at this. I know it'll be a process, but I want to be able to play SSBB with a ton of new characters. I tried a few of the packs, and the only one I could get to work was Project M which I disliked heavily.

What are you using? Riivolution or Gecko?

Memorable Quotes:
    Quote from: ItalianStallion
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8466 on: January 19, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »

Hello!
    Is there any way to get this to work with Project M: Community Complete (Which is the leaked 3.6 build)?
    I've tried many times and looked up a tutorial, but all has failed.
    Someone please help.

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8467 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:03 PM »

Really hoping something new comes along to keep brawl modding alive, maybe something new to the clone engine.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8468 on: January 19, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »

Really hoping something new comes along to keep brawl modding alive, maybe something new to the clone engine.
    We are still very much alive. actively working on making ASL and BeX compatible together to further expand the game. ohh and fun fact. appearantly you can bypass some limits if you use an ISO. i'm not talking about using wiiscrubber to replace files (file limits are still there) but i've found if you create an iso from wiimms iso tool you can go over size limits. however you are still bound by what the wii can handle. and i'm not sure of what other limits there might be. it works similar to how riivo bypasses limits. (FYI if you add a smaller file to the iso that way it also decreases the limit! be warned)

That leads me to another question:
    Anyone know how the older ISO version of BeX worked? how exactly was it changed to read files from the ISO? I know it doesn't by default.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8469 on: January 19, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »

We are still very much alive. actively working on making ASL and BeX compatible together to further expand the game. ohh and fun fact. appearantly you can bypass some limits if you use an ISO. i'm not talking about using wiiscrubber to replace files (file limits are still there) but i've found if you create an iso from wiimms iso tool you can go over size limits. however you are still bound by what the wii can handle. and i'm not sure of what other limits there might be. it works similar to how riivo bypasses limits. (FYI if you add a smaller file to the iso that way it also decreases the limit! be warned)

i really dont understand what is all the hype about asl
    i mean
    i downloaded a pack with
    156 stages
     Im srs here
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:02:20 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8470 on: January 19, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

Has PW retired from brawl modding?

LucidK
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8471 on: January 19, 2016, 05:58:13 PM »

What are you using? Riivolution or Gecko?

I'm using Gecko and Dolphin. I know nothing about Riivolution.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8472 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »

That leads me to another question:
    Anyone know how the older ISO version of BeX worked? how exactly was it changed to read files from the ISO? I know it doesn't by default.

I think switching the unstable BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x to the ISO will significantly improve its lag so I am interested in this too.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Strange Matter
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8473 on: January 19, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »

Did anybody ever figure out how to assign stock icons to clones? Pretty sure I remember reading that someone did, but ultimately ran into problems with the filesize limit. Still, some stocks would be better than none and I can't seem to find anything about how to do it.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:17:48 PM by RedSoul78 » Logged

TeddyRoseKidd
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8474 on: January 20, 2016, 12:03:13 PM »

I got the clones working fine now.The only problem I come across now is that the custom gct codes work except for the phantom wings hitstun code. The code works with everyone except for the brawlex characters. Does anyone know what could be causing this and if there is a different code I should be using for hitstun with brawlex characters?

Pages:  1 ... 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: