The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

All-star versus mode does work with BrawlEx. I have used it on several builds I have created over many months. Occasionally, all of the characters do spawn as Mario. After looking extensively around the web, no one seems to know why this happens. The fix is easy though, simply restart the game: reload from the gecko launcher as you would normally, and don't load a save state, go into special brawl and see if it worked. It may take a couple of times, but once it decides to work, create a save state and use that. But back to my original question, I REALLY would like to know if there is any way to add characters to the roster that random picks from in All-Star Versus (see my post above). Thanks

September 15, 2016, 05:58:52 PM #8686 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:55:15 AM by dusty22
EDIT: Ignore this post.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 15, 2014, 04:16:53 AM

<wiidisc version="1">
<id game="RSB" />
<options>
<section name="Brawl Launcher">
<option name="Code Set" default="1">
<choice name="Minus3.3 Test">
<patch id="minus33test" />
<patch id="ocarina" />
</choice>
</option>
<option name="Hook" default="1">
<choice name="VI"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
<choice name="KPAD"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
<choice name="Joypad"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
<choice name="GXDraw"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
<choice name="GXFlush"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
<choice name="OSSleep"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
<choice name="AxNextFrame"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
</option>
</section>
</options>
<patch id="minus33test">
<memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
<memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
<memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
<memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
<memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
<memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarina">
<memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
</patch>
</wiidisc>

Can this work with Regular Brawl? I am trying to make my roster from BrawlEx.

October 21, 2016, 07:27:24 PM #8688 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:28:54 AM by Ghoti
New bug discovered:

I noticed a problem with the way BrawlEx handles single player records (Break the Targets, Multiman, etc.) It's character specific, and I can't seem to find a work around.

The issue is that playing as certain characters saves their records over other characters. For instance, King Dedede's records save as Pokemon Trainer, and Wolf saves as Toon Link. Others, like Mario and Link, save perfectly fine.

I've experimented a lot and found out that it has to be the BrawlEx Common2.pac file. I tried to set up the configs for characters to redirect the save slot, but it didn't have an effect. No codes are impacting this either. I've tried to look through Common2 but I wasn't able to determine what was causing this issue.

I contact Ebola16 about this, and he came to the same conclusion as me, that it must be either Common2 (specifically the sora_melee.rel) or the main BrawlEx .rel file (bx_fighter.rel).

I assume we would pretty much need the creators of BrawlEx to fix this, though if anyone else has a fix, that would be great.

EDIT: I think I'm on the right track towards fixing this. The bug appears to be in the code of bx_fighter.rel, specifically in the "record override" section. I might be able to fix this, and if I can I'll post it here.

EDIT 2: Nope, I can't quite fix this on my own just yet. I charted out every character and where their records are saved, if anyone is curious. As far as I can tell, the record override section is supposed to contain the data for where character records are to be saved. The problem appears to be that some other function is calling this data table and reading it incorrectly. For instance, the first two bytes are 00 00, which means Mario's data slot. The table is read correctly when the function calls for this. The next bytes are 01 01, which I believe are Donkey Kong. However, the function appears to be calling for the first two, instead of these, which is why Donkey Kong's records are saved as Mario. This means that the 01 01 is never used. After that is 02 02, which I presume is Link. This data is read correctly and Link's records are saved in his slot. After that is 03 03, which is for Samus. But like DK, the function reading this data reads the slot before it, causing Samus's records to be saved as Link.

I've spent about an hour testing this theory, and the results appear consistent. That means this is an easy thing to fix. All one would have to do is find the function that reads the data table in bx_fighter.rel and redirect it correctly. I'm not sure where that function is located, so if anyone knows, please tell me!

This function also could be another data table, which would be an easier fix (because I can just use hex).
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Another bug to report:

Using Kirby's Spy costume slot outside of Clear brawl can cause crashes relating to the copy ability, even if it is replaced with another model. Dark and Fake costumes do not have this problem.

After a few matches (2-4) in a row where Spy costume Kirby copies an ability, there is a high chance that Brawl will freeze when trying to start the next match with Kirby. Dolphin logs indicate the crash occurs shortly after beginning to create Kirby's fighter instance.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

November 02, 2016, 12:39:36 AM #8690 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:41:55 AM by SSBB666
Alright so little problem I'm using the PM+EX build that comes default with everything needed and I don't wanna look through the almost 600 pages lol I have all the files in the proper folder, cosmetics and all. Everything works perfectly on dolphin but on my wii it shows pit(added Goku) on the css but is Goku in game, im using USB loader GX so My question is what to do lol I'm lost
<*SSBB666*>

Can't recall if this is the solution to this problem, but have you set your hooktype to AXNextFrame?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!


Quick question it says that it can hold 128 characters can we make 28 of those characters l Loadables

Could anyone who understands BrawlEx's coding please inform me of where the code that calls for data in the "record override" section is?
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

December 03, 2016, 03:30:50 AM #8695 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:20:54 AM by Ebola16
I don't know when I'll get around to testing this further but we may be hitting another filesize limit when using WIT to increase the size of an .iso. My primary .iso is at 7.59GB and has no problems. I tried integrating my fighter folder into the .iso which increased the filesize to 9.12GB.

After increasing to 9.12 GB, Dolphin fails to open boot.pac.

Post Merge: December 03, 2016, 03:35:19 AM

Also, the best way to get SDHC support in Dolphin Emulator is to draw attention to https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/8823 on the Dolphin emulator forums. SDHC support can really expand the amount of space we have to work with mods but developers must have interest in adding it.

Update: We now have SDHC support!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

December 03, 2016, 08:43:30 PM #8696 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:11:45 PM by Zwip-Zwap Zapony
I think I'm having a problem with BrawlEx that's caused by BrawlEx (and not me doing something wrong), but I'd love for it to be that I'm the one doing something wrong, so someone can tell me and help me fix it...

I made a clone of Sonic, which works 100% fine and such, but on the character selection screen, there are two colour/skin problems. Firstly, the cloned Sonic has 6 colour/skin slots, while the vanilla Sonic has 5 (the 6th character portrait of the clone is shown as two images flickering between each other), and secondly, the colours used in team battles don't match up with the team the clone is on.

I was going to try making a clone of Wario to see if I can only access the first 6 colours/skins rather than his entire 12, but without a Wario "EX Module", I don't really want to try.

As some more information is probably wanted, with colour/skin values going from 1 as the first colour to 5 as the last existant colour, a Red Team Sonic uses skin 5, a Blue Sonic uses skin 1, and a Green Sonic uses skin 4, while a Red Sonic clone uses skin 1, a Blue Sonic clone uses skin 3, and a Green Sonic clone uses skin 6 (which doesn't exist, causing the same "flickering" portrait as above).

Some more information that's definitely relevant: A Red Team Mario uses skin 1, a Blue Mario uses skin 3, and a Green Mario uses skin 6. Additionally, this tutorial says that a cosmetic ID of 3C or above will always use Mario's cosmetic ID, and that includes BrawlEx's free slots of 3F and up. (My Sonic clone uses slot 40.)

If playing with the 6th colour/skin of the clone, the clone in-game will be displayed with the 4th colour/skin, and the stock icons on the results screen will be shown with the 5th colour/skin (due to the way the "animated textures" of Wii games work, I think, in which the frame of the 6th colour/skin gets transferred over from the 5th colour/skin). Additionally, the "battle portrait" (character face behind the percentage meter) was blank, while the "battle name" (character name below the percentage meter) was that of the clone since the "battle name" isn't necessarily linked to an individual colour/skin of a charcter.

I use Dolphin 5.0 to play an NTSC version of Brawl, and I use Dolphin's built-in Gecko cheat support to use the Custom CSS Screen and the File Patch V3.5.1b codes, using a virtual SD card for the cloned character.

So in short, my Sonic clone has 6 skins like Mario instead of 5, and the skins of the Red/Blue/Green teams are in the same order as Mario's. Is this my or BrawlEx's fault, and in either case, can I fix it? And what if I want to make a clone with more than 6 skins?

Ok PW Christmas is coming up and it has been about 2 years. Let us get one of those awesome updates to the engine or even better something totally mind blowing.

The only thing I can imagine being totally mind blowing is 200 character brawlex or 8 player smash

December 05, 2016, 02:13:00 AM #8699 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:14:19 AM by spiritneox
or more EXModules. Infact now that I think about it 200 characters just sounds like over kill, 8 player smash on the other does  sound cool