Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827295 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 12:08:09 AM »

BEST YEAR EVER.

AT DAY ONE.

This

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 12:09:47 AM »

It goes without saying that anything related to modifying Cosmetic or internal Fighter data will likely be incompatible with BrawlEx.

Gotcha.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »

As a PSA maker, I'm excited for this. I wonder if I can even use incomplete PSA files with this and test them independently from their base characters (ex. Roy or my K. Rool)

One of the big advantages of this is that PSAs can now be released as completely standalone units. For example, if you want to release a Shadow moveset (because we always need more of those), you would normally have to release it as FitSonic.pac, FitSonicMotionEtc.pac, etc.. But with BrawlEx, you can release FitShadow.pac, FitShadowMotionEtc.pac and release the config files specifying that the slot that they are loaded into should load Shadow's files. This makes creating color sets for characters easier as well as you can specify which colors should be available in the config file.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »

This has made my first day of 2014...

I can't wait to try this out later.

Though I have a question...

Could I make something like a Transforming Character with this?

Ex: I'm planning a Deoxys PSA in the future and I'd like it to utilize all 4 Forms. Would this allow me to do so?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

This has made my first day of 2014...

I can't wait to try this out later.

Though I have a question...

Could I make something like a Transforming Character with this?

Ex: I'm planning a Deoxys PSA in the future and I'd like it to utilize all 4 Forms. Would this allow me to do so?

The SlotConfig files can allow you to place up to 4 fighters in a single slot.

I also found an interesting thing about transforming characters who share the same module; for Samus, if you give Zerosuit Samus a different module name besides ft_samus.rel, the game will try to load that module for Zero Suit Samus and ft_samus.rel for Samus. This means that the fact that both characters are stored in the same module is irrelevant for loading transforming characters. It is likely that if you managed to separate ft_samus.rel into separate modules, the game would still function as if they were one as long as both character's ftClassInfo objects are loaded.

When it comes to creating your own transforming characters, I would think that the only thing necessary would be the custom PSA command that causes the character to transform into the other.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:25 AM »

The SlotConfig files can allow you to place up to 4 fighters in a single slot.

I also found an interesting thing about transforming characters who share the same module; for Samus, if you give Zerosuit Samus a different module name besides ft_samus.rel, the game will try to load that module for Zero Suit Samus and ft_samus.rel for Samus. This means that the fact that both characters are stored in the same module is irrelevant for loading transforming characters. It is likely that if you managed to separate ft_samus.rel into separate modules, the game would still function as if they were one as long as both character's ftClassInfo objects are loaded.

When it comes to creating your own transforming characters, I would think that the only thing necessary would be the custom PSA command that causes the character to transform into the other.
    Alright. That is amazing.

I'll look into it when testing. Though I might need help and pointers.

Also...

What about custom GFX? How does it prevent conflicts with a cloned character and the base character?

One more thing...

Sword Glow. Can that be done for a clone characater?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 12:51:07 AM »

Warning: may contain ham

HOLY [censored] I LOVE HAM

Most would say "in all seriousness though, etc" now, but I'm actually dead serious about the ham.

So in other topics of interest, nice work as always PW. You never cease to amaze us.

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 01:24:20 AM »

I think I did something wrong. I put everything in, and I got 9 random (CSS I believe it is?..) in the roster, and a double Rob. When I go over to them they freeze. However, I still got my regular characters, and they're all good. I'm not good at this bare with me... ;w;

Edit; I reset the game and now the random CCS's turned into Marios XD. At least I'm figuring this out one by one.. .__.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 01:56:20 AM by Batman » Logged

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 01:59:49 AM »

What about custom GFX? How does it prevent conflicts with a cloned character and the base character?

One more thing...

Sword Glow. Can that be done for a clone characater?

Both GFX and SFX conflicts still exist actually. Although this is more to do with the fact that neither file type is supposed to be used for more than one character simultaneously. The "proper" way to avoid this would be to create a moveset that uses a GFX and SFX ids specific to that character and update their GFX and SFX banks to include those ids. However, this is likely not the most optimal solution as there are a limited number of sound and graphics banks. It is likely that some other solution will have to be found in the future.

As for sword glows; I have done very little research into them. However, I do know a little bit from when I was porting ROB's Laser article over Mario. The Laser uses a sword glow to create the laser trail. When ported over to Mario, the laser was still able to use the glow trail even when ROB wasn't in the match and the actual the graphic wasn't loaded. This implies that access to sword glows is rooted somewhere in the character's module file. This is further supported by the fact that cloned characters such as Marth and Ike still have access to their sword glows.

HOLY [censored] I LOVE HAM

Most would say "in all seriousness though, etc" now, but I'm actually dead serious about the ham.

So in other topics of interest, nice work as always PW. You never cease to amaze us.

Ham is good, but it tastes best when making big announcements - otherwise people just look at you funny.  Awesome Face

I think I did something wrong. I put everything in, and I got 9 random (CSS I believe it is?..) in the roster, and a double Rob. When I go over to them they freeze. However, I still got my regular characters, and they're all good. I'm not good at this bare with me... ;w;

You'll have to show me the code you're using as well as which files you have loaded up. Otherwise it's pretty hard for me to help you out.

Edit; I reset the game and now the random CCS's turned into Marios XD. At least I'm figuring this out one by one.. .__.

Well that's a fairly good sign. The Marios mean that at least BrawlEx is running properly. If you aren't already doing so, try renaming any one of the Cosmetic config files from the Cosmetic Config templates (not 00) to the same id of a character that you've added and loading it into the game. Once the icon changes, you'll know that the config files are being properly loaded for the character slots that you've added to the Character Select Screen.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:16:11 AM by PhantomWings » Logged

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 02:14:42 AM »

You'll have to show me the code you're using as well as which files you have loaded up. Otherwise it's pretty hard for me to help you out.

I believe I should I delete all my codes and start fresh. Just to know what's wrong. I will request the Sputnik CSS in the help section, if anything. I got the patch code prepared on my desktop as well.

Post Merge: January 01, 2014, 02:26:29 AM

Well that's a fairly good sign. The Marios mean that at least BrawlEx is running properly. If you aren't already doing so, try renaming any one of the Cosmetic config files from the Cosmetic Config templates (not 00) to the same id of a character that you've added and loading it into the game. Once the icon changes, you'll know that the config files are being properly loaded for the character slots that you've added to the Character Select Screen.

Character ID, or Module ID?
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:26:29 AM by Batman » Logged

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 02:27:38 AM »

First was.. RSBE CODE
    Then the FPC 3.5.3 (the extra folders one)
    Then projectM 3.0 came out
    and THEN,. the TRISTRIPPER on BrawlBox!
    and this, the first miracle of the year, the CLONE ENGINE D:!!!!!
    2013 was a great year for  Brawl hacking,. and this year , this year will be even
    BETTER! D;!

Thanks Internet explorer for the RSBE CODE
    Thanks MUGENWII for working on FPC 3.5.3, porting it to NTSC, and improving it!
    thanks PMBR Team for PROJECT M 3.0, specially to DANTARION, for making the FIRST WORKING CLONE ENGINE!
    thanks Blackjax for improve BRAWLBOX, and making THE TRISTRIPPER !!D:
    thanks  PHANTOM WINGS for this AAAAAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMMAAMAMAMAAAAAZIIIIIIIII NG PIECE OF WOOOOOOORK!
    THE SUPAAAA, ALMOST UNLIMITED!, POWERFUL, WONDERFUL, EX CLONE ENGINEEEEEEEEEE!!

x3

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:23 AM »

I believe I should I delete all my codes and start fresh. Just to know what's wrong. I will request the Sputnik CSS in the help section, if anything. I got the patch code prepared on my desktop as well.

Here's the latest version of Spunit's CSS code (as far as I know), but you'll have to fill in the values yourself. I'll add it to the OP as well.

Code:

Custom CSS V3 [spunit262]
    0668310C 00000030
    387E006C 3B600000
    3C808068 38840DE0
    7CBB20AE 7CA50775
    41800014 94A30004
    3B7B0001 2C1B0032
    4180FFE8 48000038
    04690338 48000068
    066900d8 00000008
    2c170028 41820168
    02680DE0 0022FFFF
    06680DE0 000000YY <---- CSS Icon Count
    ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ <---- Icon data

Custom Random V1 [spunit262]
    06685824 0000000C
    3C608068 7C630214
    88630E80 00000000
    046857F0 3AE000YY  <--- Character Count
    06680E80 000000YY  <--- Character Count
    ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ  <--- Character Data

Character ids.

Code:
    ZZ
    00 Mario
    01 Donkey Kong
    02 Link
    03 Samus
    04 Zero Suit Samus
    05 Yoshi
    06 Kirby
    07 Fox
    08 Pikachu
    09 Luigi
    0A Captain Falcon
    0B Ness
    0C Bowser
    0D Peach
    0E Zelda
    0F Sheik
    10 Ice Climbers
    11 Marth
    12 Mr. Game & Watch
    13 Falco
    14 Ganondorf
    15 Wario
    16 Metaknight
    17 Pit
    18 Pikmin & Olimar
    19 Lucas
    1A Diddy Kong
    1B Pokemon Trainer
    1C Charizard
    1D Squirtle
    1E Venasaur
    1F Dedede
    20 Lucario
    21 Ike
    22 Robot
    23 Jigglypuff
    24 Toon Link
    25 Wolf
    26 Snake
    27 Sonic
    28 None
    29 Random

3F+ ExCharacters

You'll need to use the Custom Random code if you are using the None(28) icon or if the last icon in your Character Select Screen is not the Random(29) Icon.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:57:45 AM by PhantomWings » Logged

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 02:36:07 AM »

Brawl with CLone engine will Crash if it is used with CBLISS? , or it just wont work?

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:05 AM »

Here's the latest version of Spunit's CSS code (as far as I know), but you'll have to fill in the values yourself. I'll add it to the OP as well.

You'll need to use the Custom Random code if you are using the None(28) icon or if the last icon in your Character Select Screen is not the Random(29) Icon.

Do I just put a random set of numbers/letters into those value things?... I'm too noob at this.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 02:57:12 AM »

Brawl with CLone engine will Crash if it is used with CBLISS? , or it just wont work?

In all likelihood, CBLISS won't work at all as BrawlEx causes the game to read the color data from a different place in memory. However, if CBLISS makes any changes to the game's assembly, it may cause a crash.

Character ID, or Module ID?

The Character ID. You number the config files after the Character ID. As long as you are using character ids 0x3F and up, you only need to worry about the one id. So you can name the 4 config files Fighter3F.dat, CSSSlot3F.dat, Slot3F.dat, and Cosmetic3F.dat and then add the id 3F to the CSS using the custom CSS code.

As for modules, you'll need to open the ExModule of the character you wish to put into slot 3F using the Module Editor 3 and change the first value in Section[8] to 0x0000003F as well (it's also a good idea to change the id of the module itself to a value 90 or higher to avoid conflicts for module ids.).

Note that if you open your Fighter3F.dat in the Brawl Config Utility, it will show you all the files you'll need for the character as well as what to name them. Also, if you haven't already, you should name the fighter in Fighter3F.dat to some name other than an existing character in the game or you'll have a naming conflict.

Do I just put a random set of numbers/letters into those value things?... I'm too noob at this.

The values you put into the Custom CSS code will determine the layout of the character icons shown in the Character Select Screen. Supposing you put 00010206 07080000 in for ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ and 06 in for YY, then - according to the character id list - when you load the character select screen, you will only have icons for Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu in that order. It is possible to add as many lines for ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ as you'd like to create any Character Select Screen ordering you want, but you'll need to do a bit of experimentation if you want to get a good understanding of it works and what you want.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:39:01 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: