The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Very nice video,can't check if it worked since my iso is still copying...can't wait to test though.

January 03, 2014, 07:05:22 AM #211 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:06:45 AM by Eternal Yoshi
:( I tried to make a Ex Module of Meta Knight for my old Gray Fox mod and I think there are problems cause highlighting the icon on the CSS crashes the game... can anyone help me? Bear in mind that I'm using Module ID of 97 and a Character ID of 46.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zuqn6swin37q261/ft_cyborg.rel

Here are the assets I'm using for that BTW.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9pjqzd2s2a7csos/Cyborg%20Assets.rar

Why not 3F? Long Story short I had other characters I wanted to put in but didn't insert yet and didn't want to reroute those IDs to fit the character ID of 3F. The others just happened to be put in before Gray Fox(which I label Cyborg to be consistent with his Brawl Assist Trophy filenames).

I tried adding a new Peach slot by following the video, but I feel like its not loading. I know it's supposed to take longer for it to start, but this just feels ridiculous!

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on January 03, 2014, 07:50:36 AM
I tried adding a new Peach slot by following the video, but I feel like its not loading. I know it's supposed to take longer for it to start, but this just feels ridiculous!

where does it stop loading? css, or stage selection?

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 03, 2014, 07:55:55 AM
where does it stop loading? css, or stage selection?
It stops in Gecko. It says, "SD Codes found. Applying," and hasn't moved anywhere past that.

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

January 03, 2014, 08:05:25 AM #215 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:10:56 AM by sammi-husky
What css code did you use? was it from the Brawl minus max build? if it was, then you must have made an error in the css code.

It was from Brawl Minus. Welp, I guess I'm starting over -_-

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

January 03, 2014, 08:16:27 AM #217 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:33:19 AM by sammi-husky
make sure that 29 is the LAST number in the code before they turn into 0's

and also make sure that your increasing the right section of code from 28 to 2A

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 08:33:19 AM

hey PW, how would i go about converting the file offsets that are specified on OpenSa, to section offsets? i would like to try to create a Metaknight module and see how it goes..

*sigh* well, Rosalina's not happening. UNLESS...... there's some generously kind person out there willing to try for me? <3

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Nice video Sammi-husky, I think that should help clarify a lot of the confusion surrounding BrawlEx


Quote from: sammi-husky on January 03, 2014, 08:16:27 AM
Hey PW, how would i go about converting the file offsets that are specified on OpenSa, to section offsets? i would like to try to create a Metaknight module and see how it goes..

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 03, 2014, 07:05:22 AM
:( I tried to make a Ex Module of Meta Knight for my old Gray Fox mod and I think there are problems cause highlighting the icon on the CSS crashes the game... can anyone help me? Bear in mind that I'm using Module ID of 97 and a Character ID of 46.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zuqn6swin37q261/ft_cyborg.rel

Here are the assets I'm using for that BTW.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9pjqzd2s2a7csos/Cyborg%20Assets.rar

Why not 3F? Long Story short I had other characters I wanted to put in but didn't insert yet and didn't want to reroute those IDs to fit the character ID of 3F. The others just happened to be put in before Gray Fox(which I label Cyborg to be consistent with his Brawl Assist Trophy filenames).

It looks like Eternal Yoshi already beat you to it Sammi. The module EY made was for Metaknight.

Converting file offsets to section offsets is as simple as finding the offset of the section in the file and subtracting it from the file offset specified on the OpenSA website. Section[1], the assembly section, is usually located at 0xCC in the file - but that's not a hard rule.

In any case, thanks for posting the files you were dealing with EY. The crashing for when you were trying to load up Grey Fox was partially due to that conversion. It looks like you were subtracting 0xD4 from the OpenSA offsets instead of 0xCC.

There were a few other things that needed to be resolved before it was running properly. I've gone and detailed it all in the PM I sent you. Let me know when you're ready to make a final release of it and I'll add it to the BrawlEx package.

i feel stupid saying that a clone engine could never happen. really stupid. i digress though and i'm eating my own foot.

onto a serious question. Will this work on a Wii without memory contraints? i could use Dolphin anytime i want. i just do not have any computer controllers. if this works on the wii flawlessly without errors. what is the suggested character cap i should stop at?

still, 100 possible characters? this is too good to be true. though i read it was 50 on the maximum  CSS.

in theory i could make Marth have 2 different PSA's? eg the first 6 costumes are standard unedited marth. but a 7th costume could be Elemental marth? 2psa's one slot?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Not exactly like that, but there are codes that enable you to load a different moveset depending on what button combination you're holding when selecting a character.

In any case, I just want to congratulate Phantom Wings on this amazing project, and (again) thank him for all the work he has done over the years.

Quote from: ds22 on January 03, 2014, 12:27:34 PM
Not exactly like that, but there are codes that enable you to load a different moveset depending on what button combination you're holding when selecting a character.

hm, sort of like that old "clone" engine from the old days. where you could hold down X or Y and get a different PSA but only that psa when selected. (seeing how this is in the early stages, mind looking into a way for what i suggested to work?)

Quote from: ds22 on January 03, 2014, 12:27:34 PM
In any case, I just want to congratulate Phantom Wings on this amazing project, and (again) thank him for all the work he has done over the years.

even though i'm arrogant and a little butt-headed. i have to thank you as well Phantomwings. you've given us all the tools and codes necessary for us to have fun and create our own stuff. we all thank you in our own weird way. but i'll thank you most of all for working on this while you have some butt-headed brawlers.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

damn I am having some troubles with this!!!

I early tried BrawlEx with a Brawl non modified wbfs, and it worked
now I am trying again, but with a modified iso (Stage expansion 2.0, Cbliss ready), and I am
getting freezes before entering to the css, damn!,
Cbliss modifies selcharacter_en, selmap_en, and in my case the common5_en, that could be the problem? because I am really getting sick with this xD,. I am making a new wbfs, but with the original selcharacter_en, and a selmap modified for Stage expansion 2.0 only, (but I left some CBLISS modified files around, -_-)

well im streaming again. adding a 5th character. http://www.twitch.tv/sonicbrawler
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.