The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 05:21:01 AM
it does affect the exslots. cool. that means you can set the size of the slot after you configure the slot in the css code. i should be able to make it fit 100 lol.

or more...possibly. i wonder if there's like, a memory limitation for this. the configs only take up 22 KB for 1 clone of every character in the game. not including the rels

What affects the ExSlots?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 06, 2014, 05:29:36 AM
What affects the ExSlots?
This. v
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 04:07:00 AM
ooooo look what i learned how to do :D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

 the new thing im gonna work on, is allowing it to go over 50.

i do believe that it CAN'T go passed 50.

because in sc_selcharacter.pac each slot has a bone, animation, and visibility entry attached to it. there are only 50 of them....in theory it should be possible to add them.

January 06, 2014, 07:01:12 AM #603 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:55:23 PM by Ricky
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ok, I have tried this pack and the others posted in this topic on my Wii using an SD card with nothing on it, and when I go to the stage builder like normal nothing happens. I have tried several different things like setting up all of the folders the way I previously had them(I've noticed these packs are set up differently). So do these only work on Dolphin, or am I just missing something obvious? I've put back Project M 3.0 and it loads fine so I know it's not a problem with my SD card or Wii or anything.

take the gameconfig.txt, and boot.elf from your the root of your project M stuff, and put them on the sdcard. then go to stagebuilder.

then everything should work smoothly :p

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 07:04:38 AM
take the gameconfig.txt, and boot.elf from your the root of your project M stuff, and put them on the sdcard. then go to stagebuilder.

then everything should work smoothly :p

Tried that, still didn't work.

Quote from: ToadKart on January 06, 2014, 07:05:51 AM
Tried that, still didn't work.

Keep trying. I could get it after a few tries.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: ToadKart on January 06, 2014, 07:05:51 AM
Tried that, still didn't work.

i assume you have used this stacksmash method of loading before..right?

i dont personally use stacksmash...so i dont know the ins and outs of it. :/

Ok, well i tried to clone Peach to make Rosalina. The slot I used is 3F and I have all the things configured correctly, if I'm not mistaken. I gave rosalina 1 more costume than Peach, but when I go to css, It's a random. I've heard this is a common error, and i restarted 10 times. I have no idea what im doing wrong :(

oh, you may need to make a folder in private/wii/app/rsbe called 'st' and copy the contents from the same directory on your project m setup to the new folder

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 07:19:36 AM
Ok, well i tried to clone Peach to make Rosalina. The slot I used is 3F and I have all the things configured correctly, if I'm not mistaken. I gave rosalina 1 more costume than Peach, but when I go to css, It's a random. I've heard this is a common error, and i restarted 10 times. I have no idea what im doing wrong :(

have you tried one of my video tutorials on the OP of the forum? near the bottom under 'video tutorial'
it might help alot.

The random icon means that brawlEx either isn't started, or that the files were configured wrong.


also, how are you loading the game?

I'm using smash stack and yes, I was watching your video to actually try it. Maybe I just need to retry it.

Did you set the hook type in gecko options to axnextframe?

Do that and try a couple of times.

January 06, 2014, 07:36:53 AM #612 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:37:44 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 07:26:48 AM
I'm using smash stack and yes, I was watching your video to actually try it. Maybe I just need to retry it.

so, your able to boot from custom stages into gecko, right?
if it doesn't work and all else fails, try changing your hooktype to axframenext.

if that still doesn't work, you may want to try downloading ASF's pack a few pages back in this thread.

EDIT: lol, thanks jade. your on it. beat me to it :P


Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 07:37:08 AM
The what?!

in gecko. go to config options and change the hooktype from default the axnextframe