The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'm not using BP's or anything,but the more slots more chances to freeze thing makes since,I'm going to delete a slot or two and try again.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 10, 2014, 11:09:49 PM
I'm not using BP's or anything,but the more slots more chances to freeze thing makes since,I'm going to delete a slot or two and try again.
Mine exactly froze if I didn't have BPs and RSPs

January 10, 2014, 11:34:51 PM #902 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:31:29 AM by Jade_Rock
Nevermind it worked,I guess the last slot I added I messed up on.

whew. tut's rendering out. anybody who wants to check it out, i add new csp's, BP's, and RSP's. it's a follow up tutorial on the css icons and csp's tutorial as the game would freeze on anything but timed matches, and on the wii, it wouldn't work at all.

i'll post a link when its up

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 11, 2014, 02:40:56 AM
whew. tut's rendering out. anybody who wants to check it out, i add new csp's, BP's, and RSP's. it's a follow up tutorial on the css icons and csp's tutorial as the game would freeze on anything but timed matches, and on the wii, it wouldn't work at all.

i'll post a link when its up

Sweet, can't wait to have Sephiroth working 100%
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


The crash I reported with Sephy and Roy's NB stopped happening when I used the updated MarthEx .rels.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 11, 2014, 03:36:40 AM
The crash I reported with Sephy and Roy's NB stopped happening when I used the updated MarthEx .rels.

My Sephiroth is only crashing because he's missing some cosmetics at the moment. The clone itself works perfectly.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 11, 2014, 03:56:02 AM #907 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:31:31 AM by sammi-husky
Tutorial is up. :P hopefully the quality clears up a little after youtube gets their crap together lol

BrawlEx BP's, RSP's, and Franchise Icons [tutorial]


at least for adding more then up to 8, the franchise icon bit at the end is a little... not right. but that is ONLY for the results screen and it shouldn't cause any crashes or anything

January 11, 2014, 06:32:58 AM #908 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:36:53 AM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 11, 2014, 03:56:02 AM
Tutorial is up. :P hopefully the quality clears up a little after youtube gets their crap together lol

BrawlEx BP's, RSP's, and Franchise Icons [tutorial]


at least for adding more then up to 8, the franchise icon bit at the end is a little... not right. but that is ONLY for the results screen and it shouldn't cause any crashes or anything

So i followed through and i think i got all of the cosmetics to show up but for some reason the game freezes after the battle. I'm guessing i did the hex part incorrectly or i messed up on result.pac. What is the reason of subtracting 1 from the franchise icon ID during the hex part and do we always subtract by 1?

Also has team battle been freezing for anyone? When i use it and hover the hand over a clone the game freezes.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ASF1nk on January 05, 2014, 04:02:58 PM


Is anybody else having trouble with this build? I took the contents of the .rar and put them in
X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf
Then I took the .gct file and put it in
X:\codes
But When I launch the game through Gecko, it freezes right after I select "BRAWL" just before the CSS shows up.  Is there something really obvious I'm forgetting to do?

Quote from: KingJellyFish on January 11, 2014, 06:40:14 AM
Is anybody else having trouble with this build? I took the contents of the .rar and put them in
X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf
Then I took the .gct file and put it in
X:\codes
But When I launch the game through Gecko, it freezes right after I select "BRAWL" just before the CSS shows up.  Is there something really obvious I'm forgetting to do?


You may need to update the bx_fighter.rel. Also, if that doesn't work change the config settings in Gecko's hook type to axnextframe if you haven't.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 11, 2014, 06:32:58 AM
So i followed through and i think i got all of the cosmetics to show up but for some reason the game freezes after the battle. I'm guessing i did the hex part incorrectly or i messed up on result.pac. What is the reason of subtracting 1 from the franchise icon ID during the hex part and do we always subtract by 1?

Also has team battle been freezing for anyone? When i use it and hover the hand over a clone the game freezes.

The reason for subtracting one...i honestly dont know. the vBrawl stuff did it, ASF's pack did, and it didn't work when i didn't do it. so i subtracted one and it worked lol. but yes, always subtracted by one.

if your freezing at the results screen, make sure that your RSP is getting loaded (pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex) and that everything is named correctly. if it's cosmetic slot 110, the name of the file will be
MenSelchrFaceB1100. so slot 110+ add a 0 to the end.

also make sure that the texture inside is labled like this

MenSelchrFaceB.1101

so 110+ the number of the color. in this case 1. though generally they have one for each.

and the last thing you need to do is make sure that you put STGRESULT.pac in pf/stage/melee

if your STILL getting freezes, then in the cosmetic config of the character, change the number back to what it originally was. that should stop the freezing, but ONLY if your RSP's are set up right. otherwise they will still freeze.

Quote from: Batman on January 11, 2014, 07:04:25 AM
You may need to update the bx_fighter.rel. Also, if that doesn't work change the config settings in Gecko's hook type to axnextframe if you haven't.

I updated the bx_fighter.rel, it got me to the CSS screen, but all of the additional characters were Mario, and made no announcer sounds when selected. I tried to start a match as just Capt. Falcon Vs. Bowser, and it froze after selecting a map before the match started. I repeated this with different characters and different maps. I changed my Gecko's hook type, but it didn't make a difference in this case.

Any idea how to fix this?

did you try following one of my video tutorials in the OP of the thread? if your sure you have everything set up right, then i dont know what to say. freezing on the css and having the characters be mario's sounds like a problem with the CSS code, or that Brawl can't find the character files.

can you post the CSS code your using?

January 11, 2014, 08:06:43 AM #914 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:10:07 AM by KingJellyFish
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 11, 2014, 07:46:41 AM
did you try following one of my video tutorials in the OP of the thread? if your sure you have everything set up right, then i dont know what to say. freezing on the css and having the characters be mario's sounds like a problem with the CSS code, or that Brawl can't find the character files.

can you post the CSS code your using?

I haven't yet watched one of your tutorial videos, I just found out about this and wanted to see if I could get ASF1nk's build to work, since I thought a pre-made build would be the easiest way to use this clone engine. I'm not sure if I set everything up right, but I explained in my first post a few posts up how I set everything up. According to the build I downloaded, this is the CSS code:
[spoiler]
BrawlExCustom CSS V3 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002C
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 40414243
44454629 00000000
[\spoiler]