The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Is a Captain Falcon module possible?

January 13, 2014, 12:34:53 AM #991 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:36:24 AM by Yukko's srs faic
:drmario: Hey, Sammi-husky, I need your help here. I have the Sc_selcharacter set to Extended LZ77, removed all the Cbliss stuff, and I have Louie's CSP file set to Extended LZ77, and the file size is still 2.89. Help? I'm using Brawlbox v0.68 if that makes a difference. I BELIEVE I had it set to use 0.70, but my computer is an ass.
Quote from: SpoonTheMan on January 13, 2014, 12:30:25 AM
Is a Captain Falcon module possible?
:drmario: I believe so, but they haven't made one yet.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

So does this work with file patch code 3.5.3?The one that lets you add a RSB4 folder.

Ok, how would I do that? I tried to watch your csp video, but it says it as removed by the user. And I also tied to watch the BP one, but it never loaded

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 13, 2014, 12:46:07 AM
Ok, how would I do that? I tried to watch your csp video, but it says it as removed by the user. And I also tied to watch the BP one, but it never loaded
:roy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGSgNMWrPo&list=UUCC3-Ug_l3LCpbAo8K3DOGQ&feature=c4-overview there you go.
Professor is best Nichijou character.


:mewtwo: THANK GOD I figured it out, for some reason when I compress the Miscdata files in the char_bust_tex_lz77 to ExtendedLZ77, it increased their file size, and thus made it go over the limit.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 13, 2014, 01:51:35 AM
:mewtwo: THANK GOD I figured it out, for some reason when I compress the Miscdata files in the char_bust_tex_lz77 to ExtendedLZ77, it increased their file size, and thus made it go over the limit.

mhmm..that folder can't be compressed. it freaks out. but everything in it can be changed to extended lz77 and all of the textures can be re-encoded to be cmpr

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 12, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
gonna need a little more info to help..does it freeze when loading the CSS screen? or after you select the icon? or hovering over the icon?

Just hovering over the icon. Everything else is fine until I attempt to do that.
I read back to the start of the thread, and a few people were having the same trouble, but I don't think anyone ever posted what was happening.


My problem was I never edited the module Id to 90+ and you should set your hooktype to axnextframe.

After that it worked for me.

January 13, 2014, 05:51:32 AM #1000 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:04:45 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: kangaroogreen on January 13, 2014, 03:53:11 AM
Just hovering over the icon. Everything else is fine until I attempt to do that.
I read back to the start of the thread, and a few people were having the same trouble, but I don't think anyone ever posted what was happening.



if you change it to axnextfram, that should fix it. is it a random icon?

(awesome, im reply 1000) lol

January 13, 2014, 06:27:33 AM #1001 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:28:50 AM by Don Jon Bravo
hey guys after doing some troubleshooting i figured that to reduce the errors in the css, i only included the cosmetic and fighter configs for my clones

also

i haven t really gotten any freezes from not including stock icons, bp's, and all that info.pac stuff
on the wii and on dolphin

matter of fact i only had the default cosmetics set up for roy mewto and dr mario and i would still be able to play fine

last character i made had his own css icon with no working battle portraits,it would default back to the original character, and it wouldnt freeze

also PW said that u could get the clones working with just fighter configs,
i tried it and they worked
but the css icons of course just showed Marios

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 11, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
is this the original sc_selcharacter?
mind posting it
im sure a lot of people would be thankful


max size if 3.87mb
u have 2.5 mb
a lot of space left
even for 100 characters
Yep, no problem, I already went through with a copy and did as thorough a clean as I could for the stuff I added, so it should just be the VBrawl contents (deleting my custom stuff saved ... 0.11, I think). I just need to figure out where I can upload it at.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 11, 2014, 07:07:22 PMif you had modified the pack that ASF  put up, then you shouldn't changed the number in anmtexpat. if you watch the tutorial, i changed it to 1 number higher then the last frame index we added. in ASF's he already has slot's 110-117 set up. so if you changed the frame index to 1101 then all characters afterwards would use 1101.
Haha, I didn't use ASF's pack, never downloaded it. I did everything by hand, so in this case, the frame index is 1171 because the 7 CSP's range from 110-116. I don't think the frame count index is the issue, especially since the problem I'm having isn't affecting all the custom CSP's, only the middle-four (the first two is fine, and the last can technically be considered "fine", seeing as all the others are defaulting to it, haha), but then again, you're more experienced with this than I am.

When I figure out the above I can upload a copy of my not-edited-out selcharacter if anybody wants to take a look and see if/where I messed up when doing the files.

January 13, 2014, 08:17:33 AM #1003 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:34:37 AM by BlazingFury
I ported waluigi(pit) to toonlink and whenever I double jump he goes into a t-stance.  :oshi: :oshi: Also I  try to edit waluigi's(pit's) soundbank to toonlink so that I can use a waluigi soundpack for toonlink. Can anyone help me make waluigi have toonlink's soundbank?

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 08:34:11 AM

Also I ported naruto over gamewatch and it froze the game I added all the files correctly and edited the module correctly :oshi: :oshi:

Quote from: kangaroogreen on January 13, 2014, 03:53:11 AM
Just hovering over the icon. Everything else is fine until I attempt to do that.
I read back to the start of the thread, and a few people were having the same trouble, but I don't think anyone ever posted what was happening.


:ylink: I've had that issue with multiple other characters. It's the CSP Images, when you import them, they need to be in CMPR format. NOTHING ELSE.
Professor is best Nichijou character.