The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 13, 2014, 09:47:06 PM #1035 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:55:19 PM by Yukko's srs faic
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 13, 2014, 09:41:04 PM
I haven't tested runlength, but probably not. :/
:oshi: wow, that might have been my problem. Alright, I DOUBT this will work because NOTHING ever works for me, but I'll try it.

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 09:54:29 PM

:>.>: Wait, on wii do I need to set the hook to Axnextframe?

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 09:55:19 PM

  :notimp: Well, I can't seem to fix it. WHY FOR THE LIFE OF ME!?
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 13, 2014, 09:47:06 PM
:oshi: wow, that might have been my problem. Alright, I DOUBT this will work because NOTHING ever works for me, but I'll try it.

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 09:54:29 PM

:>.>: Wait, on wii do I need to set the hook to Axnextframe?

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 09:55:19 PM

  :notimp: Well, I can't seem to fix it. WHY FOR THE LIFE OF ME!?

yes, on wii it should be axnextframe. :O

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 13, 2014, 10:10:50 PM
yes, on wii it should be axnextframe. :O
:>.>palm: Damn... I'll try that.

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 10:25:56 PM

:nyeh: it didn't change anything! I'm a little ticked here...
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 13, 2014, 07:47:41 PM
What about a Ganondorf REL?!
That's the most wanted in Brawl Vault.
^This.

January 13, 2014, 11:01:41 PM #1039 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:06:41 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 13, 2014, 10:34:25 PM
^This.

im on it, trying at least...can't figure something out. no accessor errors just crashing before the match starts.

in all honesty, pikazz is more experienced in rels. he'll probably have one before i do :P

Hey, will that Ganon .rel work just like the Plug&Play rels?
Or is this Clone Engine needed for it to work?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

January 13, 2014, 11:24:19 PM #1041 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:25:38 PM by pikazz
okay, I tried to do one with the ganon rel! encounter the same problem Dant had in the livestream, one needs to be specialized. I believe its a article :/ but I am not good with that, need proper teacher about how to port those "special"/"article" ones thats been done in the BrawlEx modules!

but it works when original ganon is on the field :'D *SHOT*
Stupid Tinypic :C

January 13, 2014, 11:29:40 PM #1042 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:46:59 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: pikazz on January 13, 2014, 11:24:19 PM
okay, I tried to do one with the ganon rel! encounter the same problem Dant had in the livestream, one needs to be specialized. I believe its a article :/ but I am not good with that, need proper teacher about how to port those "special"/"article" ones thats been done in the BrawlEx modules!

but it works when original ganon is on the field :'D *SHOT*

do you think you could post it? id like to see what im doing differently..mine also works when ganon is on the field..strange. but when he ISN'T on the field. i get this before the match starts

[spoiler]
27:06:682 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:297 N[OSREPORT]: #ftManager entry : EntryId[050000] ChrKind[63:None] Color[0] SlotNo[0]
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe010b] := 00000001 (PC: 00000908)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe010f] := fffffffe (PC: 00000910)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe0113] := 00000375 (PC: 00000914)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe02a1] := 00000002 (PC: 00000920)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe017f] := 82000048 (PC: 00000928)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe0183] := 80765d48 (PC: 00000930)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe0187] := 8076f498 (PC: 00000938)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe018b] := 20000000 (PC: 00000940)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe0297] := 80765d5c (PC: 00000948)
27:06:686 Src\HW\MemmapFunctions.cpp:260 E[MI]: hwwrite [fffe029b] := 0000b032 (PC: 00000950)


Noob Question. Can you download ASF's pack and replace the portraites that you want, the boot up the game and they'd be replaced?  :P

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 13, 2014, 11:37:28 PM
Noob Question. Can you download ASF's pack and replace the portraites that you want, the boot up the game and they'd be replaced?  :P

yep, should be able to

January 14, 2014, 12:35:50 AM #1045 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:00:09 AM by Don Jon Bravo

Official Giga Bowser Release Version 1

Giga Bowser Download:
Giga Bowser V1
To download zip, go to file and hit download.
Updates:
1/13/14 First Release

What is this release and how does it work?
This hack adds Giga Bowser on his own slot to your custom Character
Selection Screen.
It uses my custimized Giga Bowser and Bowser's Config Files

(Fighter,CSS,Slot,and Cosmetic)



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It also uses one simple code:

Character/Costume Replacement(spunit) edited for Giga by MW

80000000 90180B48
80000001 90180BF8
60000003 00000000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF3000
4A001001 00000000
10000000 0000002C
E0000000 80008000
86000000 00000004
86000001 0000005C
62000000 00000000


This code fixes the Id of the Configs for Giga Bowser.

Which files do you need?
Everything you need is included in the download.  This hack works with either
bx_fighter.rel
If you are injecting it to your own modset You need my Giga's custom config files, and one code added to your
BrawlEx setup.
You will need A modified sc_selcharacter to enable extra bones for 1 extra CSS
icon.
And You will also need to edit your CSS code to add Giga to your roster.
I have also included a balanced version of Gkoopa in the fighter folder, credits to Eldirian.  It makes Giga "Kill-able" and balanced.  A normal version of him is there too, if you want that instead just do the renaming.
The CSP, CSS icon, and names are in the menu2 folder

How do I add bones to my sc_selcharater.pac to enable an extra icon for
Giga?

Follow this tutorial throughly.  Tutorial courtesy of sammy-husky.  Thanks
sammy.

BrawlEx Custom CSP's and CSS icons [tutorial]
How do I edit my Custom CSS code to add an extra character?
If you havent set up your Custom CSS code, follow this guide:(giga's id will
be 30)

http://smashboards.com/threads/competitive-brawl-code-agenda.204677/page-81#post-6360644
If you have set up your Custom CSS, follow this guide:(giga's id will be 30)
Example 1 extra Id:

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A231930 29000000

Example 4 extra ID's

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A231930 3F404129

How does the character slot for Giga Bowser work?

The config files have been modified so that you can scroll in Giga Bowser's
slot only one time, because only one character exists.
Also, the cosmetics have been adjusted so that you dont need Battle Portraits,
and stock icons.  The game will load Bowser's default items.

So why only one character for Giga Bowser?
Because Giga Bowser's module only calls for one character, you only need one
CSP(which is included in the download).


IMPORTANTE:
Before attempting to add GKoopa to your Brawlset, I strongly recommend to
experiment/master with BrawlEX to make things easier
Giga Bowser's ID will Always be 30 for this hack.  So you need to add 30
to your custom CSS code.
DONT use any giga company engine codes, giga css fix codes, etc.  All u
need is filepatch code, custom CSS code, and the Character replacement fix I
included in the download.

Minor issues of using Giga will still exist.  Version 2 may include some simple
codes to fix them
Default issues known:
If Giga activates FS, he can no longer move.(easy to avoid by not pressing
the A attack if you accidently grab the FS ball)
If two Gigas present, gameplay will be fine but game will go into a silent
freeze when re-entering the CSS.
Occasionaly the animations for the stage result screen of Giga have him in a
T-stance.(can be easily fixed by using a PSA)

Troubleshoot:
-My CSS shows all Giga bowsers for my clones
Solution:  Your CSS, and Slot configs for your other clones may be corrupted.  Try removing them as they are not necessary to exist for Brawl EX to work
-My CSS shows a random for Giga Bowser and it freezes when I scroll near
it.

Solution:  The custom CSS icon, and CSS icon name for Giga Bowser may
not have been set up properly in your sc_selcharacter.pac file.  Follow this
tutorial throughly.  Tutorial courtesy of sammy-husky.  Thanks sammy.

BrawlEx Custom CSP's and CSS icons [tutorial]

FAQ:
Will this work on Dolphin, and Wii?
Yes
Will this work without BrawlEX?
No.
Can this hack work with custom PSA's?
Yes.  Currently there are about two.
Can this hack work with different costumes?
Any Giga costume on the vault would work, but remember you can only choose
One.



And
Enjoy!
*gigaroars*







Looks awesome man, good job.

im sure alot of people are gonna want this since the giga and company code is incompatable :P

Because, well, relevant, if you want to put Giga into a Brawl interface without any mods, try using these textures instead:



(yes, I even tried a Battle Name for this one)

@ Don Jon Bravo

You got Giga Bowser to work eh? Nice job, i'm going to have to download that.

@ Sammi-Husky & Pikazz

Good luck with the Ganondorf rel guys! Did PW have any explanation on how to make a brawlex rel? I think the sooner the community gets rels for all the characters the better, so i want to help, or at least i will try.

I figured out how to give the clones their own announcer call like Asf1nk did with his pack, would anyone want a brief guide on how to do so?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


^I would love that.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]