Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847578 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1290 on: January 20, 2014, 12:14:18 AM »

You'll need a hex editing program, like HxD.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1291 on: January 20, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »

Pikazz, what button combination do you use to switch characters?
    none cause I cant swap at the beginning sadly D:

but ingame, I put the PSA Command "Ternimate Instance" that allows the switch on Jigglypuffs B-up and Marths Down B

Stupid Tinypic :C

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1292 on: January 20, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »

Was away for the weekend. Sorry for the way late reply. I tried both what Segtendo said and what Doqtor Kirby said, but now it freezes at the Strap Loader. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....

I had this problem a lot. Make sure the hook type is Axnextframe, and another thing that helped was - oddly - including a common5.pac, which completely stopped my strap loader freezes for some reason.

Also, I kept adding cosmetics to my sc_selcharacter to see how far I could exceed the file limit before I started getting freezes from it. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I accidentally had an sc_selcharacter over the normal 3.79 limit that didn't freeze)

Anyways, it finally gave me a freeze when I hit 3.98. I don't know why I can suddenly have slightly bigger sc_selcharacters but I'll take it Tongue

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1293 on: January 20, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »

I had this problem a lot. Make sure the hook type is Axnextframe, and another thing that helped was - oddly - including a common5.pac, which completely stopped my strap loader freezes for some reason.

Also, I kept adding cosmetics to my sc_selcharacter to see how far I could exceed the file limit before I started getting freezes from it. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I accidentally had an sc_selcharacter over the normal 3.79 limit that didn't freeze)

Anyways, it finally gave me a freeze when I hit 3.98. I don't know why I can suddenly have slightly bigger sc_selcharacters but I'll take it Tongue
    When I saw this... I instantly knew this would work. I had deleted my common5.pac, I didn't set the hook to AxNextFrame, and for some unknown reason my sc_selcharacter.pac was over 4gb. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this. All of you. I can finally achieve what I wanted to.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1294 on: January 20, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »

Hypothetically, would it be possible to do kirby hats for cloned characters? Can i give kirby a hat, name it the same character name as the folders in fighter, and then associate it with the id of one of a cloned characters? Or is that not even supported by this engine?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1295 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »

does anyone know which ids i have to change on the effect folders? for example i wanted to change mewtwo effec(graphics) to be waluigi effect folder id so it wouldnt mess with lucario, i just need to know in hex where to change this ids, i would apreciate if anyone knows what are they.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1296 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »

Alright so since this doesn't work on Riivolution, could anyone recommend what I use? Riivo is all I know, I don't even know what the other methods are called.

Gonna need tutorials on how to install them too.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1297 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »

Alright so since this doesn't work on Riivolution, could anyone recommend what I use? Riivo is all I know, I don't even know what the other methods are called.

Gonna need tutorials on how to install them too

Gecko is what I use, and it's far simpler than Riivo. All you need to do is download it and put its folder in your SD Card in apps/Gecko. You can get it here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS on the right side of the page.

GCT codes go in DATA/GECKO/CODES. Make sure File Replacement Code 3.5.1b is one of the codes you use.

In private/wii/app/RSBE/pf would be all the typical folders such as fighter, stage, menu2 and all that.

does anyone know which ids i have to change on the effect folders? for example i wanted to change mewtwo effec(graphics) to be waluigi effect folder id so it wouldnt mess with lucario, i just need to know in hex where to change this ids, i would apreciate if anyone knows what are they.

I didn't even know this was possible, so if anyone has a tutorial on how to do it, that would be awesome.
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:39:02 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1298 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:41 AM »

When I saw this... I instantly knew this would work. I had deleted my common5.pac, I didn't set the hook to AxNextFrame, and for some unknown reason my sc_selcharacter.pac was over 4gb. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this. All of you. I can finally achieve what I wanted to.
    FOUR GIGABYTES? WHAT WAS BRAWLBOX SMOKING?
    Hypothetically, would it be possible to do kirby hats for cloned characters? Can i give kirby a hat, name it the same character name as the folders in fighter, and then associate it with the id of one of a cloned characters? Or is that not even supported by this engine?
    Absolutely. In fact, it would silent freeze if you DIDN'T have the Kirby ability and you go to load Kirby with the clone. Tongue
    I don't think that's a folder, but try the ID of the clone. Iirc ASF1nk has a tut for separate clone GFX coming, so I'd suggest waiting for that.

Gonna need tutorials on how to install them too.
    Use Gecko OS with File Patch Code 3.5.1b. Also if your Card is more than 2GB, in this board is the SDHC Extension. Check that out too.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1299 on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:28 AM »

nope you cant kirby has psa for his hats which means even if you added the cosmetic hate it would do nothing since there wouldnt be any code to execute inside fitkirby.pac

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1300 on: January 20, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »

nope you cant kirby has psa for his hats which means even if you added the cosmetic hate it would do nothing since there wouldnt be any code to execute inside fitkirby.pac
    Oh really? I might go test that. I thought the Kirby attack was in the PAC of the ability. Tongue

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1301 on: January 20, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »

Oh really? I might go test that. I thought the Kirby attack was in the PAC of the ability. Tongue
    not really just open it on the psa program and you will see all in there, the pac only has external graphics and kirby hats models

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1302 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »

If that's the case then whT would need to be done?

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 10:58:31 AM
    I mean, In order to give the clones working kirby hats? I gave a kirby a waluigi hat once and it seemed to come with his neutral b, so i thought they were built in. But they aren't?
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:58:31 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1303 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »

Well, seems everyones been busy. While working on the workaround code (with no internet), which is realy hard, I seem to have stumbled across a way to have virtually infinite clones....well..virtualy beacause I THINK it would be more then 100...and I can't really put my finger on a limit..

Anyways, you could have as many clones as you can fit in the css code. (Idk if there's a limit to that?)
    I'll upload a simple code later for proof of concept Tongue hopefully I can make a working engine out of it.

------------------------------
    As the For the kirby hats, it would be as simple as adding a new animation and attack to the psa and code it so that it matches the other hats. Wouldn't work with articles without a lot (A LOT) of work.
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:02:08 AM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1304 on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »

If that's the case then whT would need to be done?

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 10:58:31 AM
    I mean, In order to give the clones working kirby hats? I gave a kirby a waluigi hat once and it seemed to come with his neutral b, so i thought they were built in. But they aren't?
    the waluigi hat came with a kirby fighter folder Fitkirby.pac and the hat itself fitkirbypit.pac they just psaed the codes of the actions on the pit hat but since clones have no actions available to have code you cant just add kirby hats at all, you can replace them like waluigi kirby hat replaced pits one.

Pages:  1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: