The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 05:30:52 AM
Oopsie, it seems the game will only go to 99 slots :p oh well.

@mrUnusual
Basically its a prototype of a code I'm making that allows you to expand the roster.
It's as easy as making a 51'st slot, hovering over Mario (for now) and hitting R-trigger. This will change Mario's slot to the 51'st ID, then cycles through ID's 52 - 99 (63 in hex). In the final version I'll make it over a different slot :p and work with all controllers if I can

EDIT: well it seems I've done goofed and forgot to implement something. Lemme know if u shield during match and it freezes.... :srs: stupid me..


Yeah the shield does freeze, also i'm not sure if it's the code or me messing up on setting the clone/cosmetics up, but my newly added 52nd slot crashes when i try to load him on the CSS. I added all the files, did all the cosmetic slot hexing, added all the cosmetics/indexes/frames with correct names and yet he crashes on the CSS.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I've been having a bit of a problem myself, I had downloaded Asl1nk's already prepared clones and I wanted to do some replacing, so I replaced Zero with Young Link, and the Deadpool model included in the pack with a different one's model and moveset but whenever I try to battle with the new deadpool the game silent freezes on me at the stage selection screen I've got the files named to the right name and I have the right cheat codes only plus the alt soundbank loader and remove time limit from mastepieces but it still won't work can anyone explain why it won't work?

Hey guys, I need some help. I see that you are already in trying to figure out something new. But I was working on testing out switching the soundbanks of characters to bosses and I can't seem to get the soundbank modifier code to work:

Sound Bank Modifier:[Phantom Wings]
4A000000 80AD89E0
1400ZZZZ 000000YY
E0000000 80008000


Does it not work with BrawlEx? Because no matter what I try to do, even trying to switch something as simple as Mario's soundbank for Ike's does not work. All it does is just have them have their regular soundbanks and that's it. Does this have to do with changing the hooktype in Gecko OS?

You have to change the soundbank in the Fighter Config.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

January 23, 2014, 07:27:20 AM #1519 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:56:23 AM by shock44
Quote from: Lillith on January 23, 2014, 07:26:42 AM
You have to change the soundbank in the Fighter Config.
OH that makes sense. Thank you.

Edit: Okay I just tried changing Fighter3F.dat's (which is Roy's) soundbank from 13 to 13E and now Roy freezes when I try to load him in a stage. Anybody know why? 13E is supposed to be Duon's soundbank btw.

Edit 2: I just tried changing Roy's soundbank to Sonic's as a test and now Roy has no sound effects except for common ones.

Quote from: shock44 on January 23, 2014, 07:27:20 AM
OH that makes sense. Thank you.

Edit: Okay I just tried changing Fighter3F.dat's (which is Roy's) soundbank from 13 to 13E and now Roy freezes when I try to load him in a stage. Anybody know why? 13E is supposed to be Duon's soundbank btw.

Edit 2: I just tried changing Roy's soundbank to Sonic's as a test and now Roy has no sound effects except for common ones.
of course if your making roy use sonic soundbank roy sound ids on the fitroy.pac will never call sonic sounds they are aimed to marth sound ids.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: shock44 on January 23, 2014, 07:27:20 AM
OH that makes sense. Thank you.

Edit: Okay I just tried changing Fighter3F.dat's (which is Roy's) soundbank from 13 to 13E and now Roy freezes when I try to load him in a stage. Anybody know why? 13E is supposed to be Duon's soundbank btw.

Edit 2: I just tried changing Roy's soundbank to Sonic's as a test and now Roy has no sound effects except for common ones.

I already uploaded a PM Roy with sound effects over Duon. Just use these files, and he'll work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16g3fp5gs8ztnlj/Roy%20with%20Sounds.zip

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

when i try brawlex characters and click on brawl the game freeze and i got a  beep what am i doing wrong

hmmm, something is not right! I tested Ice climbers stuff on ice climbers slot himself so it did work pretty well!

but I removed it from the SD card and now, the character I had on ID 3F (and 40 but not on CSS) got the random icon and freezes over the slot o-o but I havent touch them! everything is there on SD card!
Stupid Tinypic :C

I fixed a buttload of bugs in my code. It won't freeze when using the reset button (l-trigger) then selecting a new character.
@shadowsnake
That's more then likely what was causing the freezes for your next clone
And I also fixed the freezes when shielding during game. The code will now only activate if your on a CSS screen.

I'll post it a little later :P I'm not at my computer

January 23, 2014, 06:54:27 PM #1525 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:30:55 PM by shock44
Quote from: Kingskull95 on January 05, 2014, 06:39:43 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I don't know why, but i keep freezing before the css. :/
Did you make sure to download the updated BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 and replace the bx_fighter.rel file in the module folder with the new one from the updated version? I had to do that to get it to work.

Quote from: ShinF on January 23, 2014, 09:14:49 AM
I already uploaded a PM Roy with sound effects over Duon. Just use these files, and he'll work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16g3fp5gs8ztnlj/Roy%20with%20Sounds.zip

Thanks, I forgot you posted this a few pages ago.

with 100 characters on the roster you mean the original + 100? or the originals + extras = 100

Quote from: Zongalito on January 23, 2014, 10:44:01 PM
with 100 characters on the roster you mean the original + 100? or the originals + extras = 100
Including the originals.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

So, after taking a look at his rel, I'm guessing you can't have clones of Kirby?

January 24, 2014, 12:19:25 AM #1529 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:22:42 AM by sammi-huskyEX
Well for anyone that want's to try this, here it is. it's Been updated to get rid of the bugs that were mentioned before, its BASICALLY fully functioning other then the fact that the input window is so quick that you have to press R-Trigger pretty quickly or it will go through the clones real fast.

the last things i wanna fix is that L-tigger will scroll back, rather then reset it back to original. then make a different button reset instead. as well as make 4 ex slots instead of 1, so that each player can select an extra clone. AANNDDD make it so the engine only changes 1 slot, instead of all 4, based on which slot is selected.

anyways, enjoy:



Experimental BX Expansion
235d857c 000000A9
66000011 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba484 00000020
215d7650 00000000
055d7650 00000053
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba484 00000020
275D7650 00000064
82200002 015d7650
86000002 00000001
84200002 015d7650
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000
205ba484 00000040
055d7650 00000000
045ba484 00000000
E0000000 80008000