Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2842547 times)
shadowXtreme
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1665 on: January 25, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

I've added a small update in the OP to fix the Luigi/Yoshi/Kirby bug. That's one of the drawback of building a module by hand I guess.

Doqtor Kirby Ex, would you be able to tell me what part of BrawlEx doesn't work with Riivolution? Does the game crash on startup? Does BrawlEx not load at all and you just get Random icons? Do the icons show up as Mario, but remain unconfigured causing a crash when you try to enter a match with them? These kinds of details are important.

By the way, if anyone wants to use the Independent Pokemon, you should be able to do it by configuring a CSS Slot to use Slot1E, Slot20, or Slot22 for Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysaur. The same can be done for GigaBowser and WarioMan (slots 2C and 2D). Take a look at the Fighter Alignment Chart in the OP for more details.

One final thing, I can confirm that creating Kirby hats for ExCharacters cannot be done without heavily modifying both Kirby's module and moveset files. The whole reason you're required to use a modified ft_kirby.rel in the first place is to prevent him from trying to copy the ExCharacters. BrawlEx uses the original slots for Roy and Mewtwo which is slightly more feasible, but still requires modification of both files.

Phantom Wings, The Alternate Stage Loader code made by dantarion is not working with brawlEX, can I call this a bug? Sad

And.... I tried to load brawlEX using a moddified brawl iso (with brawlEx 1.2.0.0, i didnt added brawlEx files on the iso, they were always on my sd(, and the game always frozen at the beggining, I used different moddified isos, moddifing/replacing/adding diferent files, and the files replaced or added didnt mattered, the game always ended up freezing, I have to add that one time I made an iso, and I didnt replaced any original brawl game files in it, just added custom stages, rels for custom stages, moddified music, and brawlEx characters (fighter folders only), and game frozen when I ran it! -_-
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:34:38 PM by shadowXtreme » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1666 on: January 25, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »

oK
    I can now state that to get the pokemons to load, all i had to do was add them to the CSS code
    1d,1e,1c
    and they work
    they are not independent though
    ill check about configuring the css config file like PW said to make em independent
    though to me its not really important
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:13:30 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1667 on: January 25, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »

So what do I need to do in order to get the Alloys onto the select screen as ExCharacters? There doesn't seem to be any 'ft_zako BX v1.1.rel' in the zip. does this mean we can't clone the Alloys yet, or would I need to somehow edit a copy of the original ft_zako.rel file?

If I need to edit the original, what do I need to change?

Edit/Note: I'm just wanting to move direct copies of the Alloys into their own slots for CSS functionality, and to get rid of the Giga & Co. Engine necessities. If I can find some free space, I'll store their usage data separate, but if not, I'll just use the 'base' characters' spots. And for the Results screen, I'll see if I can add their animations, and something for wins.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:12:58 PM by Tiberious » Logged

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1668 on: January 25, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »

So how exactly do you add colors to existing characters with this?

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1669 on: January 25, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »

Does anyone know why some characters won't use their FS?I know they have Final smashes since I used them before.They just use their neutral b moves.

What do I need to change to make these work?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1670 on: January 25, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »

Does anyone know why some characters won't use their FS?I know they have Final smashes since I used them before.They just use their neutral b moves.

What do I need to change to make these work?

Fit*character*Final.pac

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1671 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »

Phantom Wings, The Alternate Stage Loader code made by dantarion is not working with brawlEX, can I call this a bug? Sad

And.... I tried to load brawlEX using a moddified brawl iso (with brawlEx 1.2.0.0, i didnt added brawlEx files on the iso, they were always on my sd(, and the game always frozen at the beggining, I used different moddified isos, moddifing/replacing/adding diferent files, and the files replaced or added didnt mattered, the game always ended up freezing, I have to add that one time I made an iso, and I didnt replaced any original brawl game files in it, just added custom stages, rels for custom stages, moddified music, and brawlEx characters (fighter folders only), and game frozen when I ran it! -_-

From what other people have said, replacing Common2.pac seems to interfere with the Alternate Stage Loader. Part of the reason I'm going to be looking for a different hook method for BrawlEx besides Common2 is because of all the compatibility issues caused by replacing it.

As for the custom ISO you've made, I can't really say what you're trying to do has been tested yet, so I don't know much about any of the errors you might encounter with it. But I suggest starting simple and gradually adding files while testing each time you add something.

oK
    I can now state that to get the pokemons to load, all i had to do was add them to the CSS code
    1d,1e,1c
    and they work
    they are not independent though
    ill check about configuring the css config file like PW said to make em independent
    though to me its not really important

Just to clarify, CSSSlots 1D,1E, and 1C are associated with Character Slots 1D, 1F, and 21 (PokeLizardon, PokeZenigame, and PokeFushigisou). If you look at the Fighter Chart, you'll see that Character Slots 1E, 20, and 22 (Lizardon, Zenigame, and Fushigisou) are the actual independent pokèmon. You can either configure the primary characters of the 3 CSSSlots you have there to reference the independent pokèmon, or you could choose any other 3 CSSSlots (ExSlots or the unused Empty slots) and use those instead.

So what do I need to do in order to get the Alloys onto the select screen as ExCharacters? There doesn't seem to be any 'ft_zako BX v1.1.rel' in the zip. does this mean we can't clone the Alloys yet, or would I need to somehow edit a copy of the original ft_zako.rel file?

If I need to edit the original, what do I need to change?

Edit/Note: I'm just wanting to move direct copies of the Alloys into their own slots for CSS functionality, and to get rid of the Giga & Co. Engine necessities. If I can find some free space, I'll store their usage data separate, but if not, I'll just use the 'base' characters' spots. And for the Results screen, I'll see if I can add their animations, and something for wins.

If you look at the fighter chart, you'll see that the alloys actually already have CSS slots (courtesy of BrawlEx) in 38, 39, 3A, and 3B. You just need to add cosmetic data for them or they'll crash the CSS. BrawlEx also sets their usage data to Mario, Kirby, Captain Falcon, and Zelda by default, so using them won't corrupt your save.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1672 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »

Speaking of Kirby, I've been having some trouble with loading a match with him using certain PSAs on clones, even though for all of them I have the kirbydata set to none.
    These PSAs are:
    Galacta Knight
    Galaxy Mario
    Roy (the one ASF1nk uses, I presume)
    Doctor Mario (I don't remember which one, but it was closer to melee than most others)
    I haven't experienced freezes with any other clone character when using Kirby.

I believe I'm getting those freezes with Roy too. I guess the best way to solve it would mainly be to test different PSAs, and make sure their Fighter Config has Kirby set to none. I'm actually not sure about mine as he's the second character I added and all the others work.

EDIT: Apparently mine was still set to Kirby: Single so I guess I'm not having the issue.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:15:27 PM by Axel Akutare » Logged

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1673 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »

Good. But the next question is, how much closer to actual characters will this cause the Alloys to be? As it stands, they crash in Multi-Man when a 25th character tries to spawn. If this will fix that, then this is the best thing to happen for the game.

Also, when I open the FITC for Red Alloy, it's got a reference to a non-existent file 'kirby/FitKirbyZakoBoy.pac'. Will this cause any issues?

So, I'm guessing I need to create the folders on my SD card, take off the fighter names from the .dat file names,  and modify sc_selcharacter.pac to add the various artwork, and it should work?

Now, are these extra slots aligned, or what numbers do I need to use for the Alloy cosmetics in sc_selcharacter.pac?
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:42:42 PM by Tiberious » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1674 on: January 25, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »

@ShadowSnake
    I took a look at the gct you made, and it actually seems like the css code has it's character count set to 33, not 34...that could be a problem lol. at least, thats what it is in the text file.
    i'll test it on my wii after changing that in a bit

It's 34 on my GCT file, so it's not that.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1675 on: January 25, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

I believe I'm getting those freezes with Roy too. I guess the best way to solve it would mainly be to test different PSAs, and make sure their Fighter Config has Kirby set to none. I'm actually not sure about mine as he's the second character I added and all the others work.

EDIT: Apparently mine was still set to Kirby: Single so I guess I'm not having the issue.
    I checked the fighterconfigs and 3 out of 4 of the PSAs had Kirby set to single. Turns out that was the issue...for the most part. But I still don't know what's up with Galacta Knight. Maybe it was just dumb luck, but I dunno.

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1676 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »

Hayyy guise. I need help. I put like for example Lighting over PikachuEx, and when I attempt to crawl it freezes. Along with a couple other characters. Including nonEx characters. (There should be 3-4 in total that has this problem..) Can someone help me?.. ; w;

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1677 on: January 25, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »

Phantom Wings,.. in BrawlEX 1.3.0.0, luigi fighter config is still like:
    irby/KirbyLuigi
    and yoshi keeps is still like:
    kirby/KirbyKirby.pac

I have not tested  BrawlExl 1.3.0.0 but, is that ok?? ,
    because shinf tested my edited fighter configs
    and he said that they fixed the issues with kirby, luigi, and yoshi
    I just changed Luigi and Yoshi fighter configs a little, just like this:
    irby/KirbyLuigi to kirby/KirbyLuigi
    and kirby/KirbyKirby to kirby/KirbyYoshi
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:18:03 PM by shadowXtreme » Logged

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1678 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »

I've still got Pokemon Stadium 2 on my copy, but I haven't had any freezes there yet. But then again, I still have the screen showing the names of the characters they're cloned from, and I haven't added stuff like CSPs yet either.

So, that means I'm actually the only one to get constantly freezes on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 with cloned characters? That's weird, they freeze the game before I even get the chance to see their names showing at the screen. Undecided

PhantonWings, would you mind telling me if there's any problem while using those characters on Pokemon Stadium? And if there's any kind of solution? With Brawl's normal cast is works great, but a match with cloned characters only lasts something like 16 seconds.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1679 on: January 25, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »

Phantom Wings,.. in BrawlEX 1.3.0.0, luigi fighter config is still like:
    irby/KirbyLuigi
    and yoshi keeps is still like:
    kirby/KirbyKirby.pac

I have not tested  BrawlExl 1.3.0.0 but, is that ok?? ,
    because shinf tested my edited fighter configs
    and he said that they fixed the issues with kirby, luigi, and yoshi
    I just changed Luigi and Yoshi fighter configs a little, just like this:
    irby/KirbyLuigi to kirby/KirbyLuigi
    and kirby/KirbyKirby to kirby/KirbyYoshi

Sorry about that, I grabbed the wrong revision for the config templates. The download's are fixed now. You shouldn't have to change your bx_fighter.rel if it's already v1.1.3.0. I only forgot to update the config templates.

So, that means I'm actually the only one to get constantly freezes on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 with cloned characters? That's weird, they freeze the game before I even get the chance to see their names showing at the screen. Undecided

PhantonWings, would you mind telling me if there's any problem while using those characters on Pokemon Stadium? And if there's any kind of solution? With Brawl's normal cast is works great, but a match with cloned characters only lasts something like 16 seconds.

I had to make a bugfix for Pictochat a little while ago because it froze when trying to display the character names. While I would have thought that it would have fixed PS2 as well, it's possible that they use separate functions to get the character names. I'll look into it. In the meantime, make sure you have the latest version of BrawlEx.

Pages:  1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: