Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848279 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2460 on: February 13, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »

Is anyone compiling a list of new bugs so that PW can update the OP?

I think a lot of the bugs were discovered shortly after it was made, so I'd guess that PW knows. Team Battles don't work with clones, Clones have an almost inconsistent costume order (or at least different than original) and I believe those are the two big ones.

Lack of compatibility with Project M isn't a bug, but it's known of. I don't think it works with Cbliss but there's a way around that anyway.

Anything else should be the fault of the shared GFX/Textures between cloned characters and originals.

Why, is there anything you've found?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2461 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »

so if i make it compatible with Project M 2.0, will anyone want it?

should be easy to upgrade to 3.0 by adding clones, and by adding alternate costumes(10 characters per character)

Garry Moore™
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2462 on: February 13, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »

should be easy to upgrade to 3.0 by adding clones, and by adding alternate costumes(10 characters per character)

Nah I'm good.

If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2463 on: February 13, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »

Except you won't have everything 3.0 came with. (Turbo, Alts selectable in teams, and iirc some big game engine fixes)

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2464 on: February 13, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »

It will probably never work with Project M, due to us hooking into similar places and patching our modules completely differently.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2465 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »

You know what I think a mod should add, "Not Compatible with Project M" To the name of this forum so no one will be asking it again
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:11:21 PM by Brstmguy » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2466 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:59 PM »

It will probably never work with Project M, due to us hooking into similar places and patching our modules completely differently.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    there you all go Tongue tis what i've been trying to say haha.

//begin rant

now that that's been settled, lets focus on better things, like finding new stuff we can do with the engine. i've already found that we can have up to 99 characters in the game, even though the CSS only supports up to 50. with a code that changes the values  in the character table starting at 015D7650 in memory, we can effectively change the CSP's and the character loaded by any given slot that is already visible on the css. (think of a 'special fighter' or 'EX fighters' slot.

there is a few more relevant memory addresses that i have, but most of them aren't necessary and or will cause crashes when the values are patched. SO with that being said, if anybody wants to take a look at a way to create these 'ex' slots, start with that table. and with the Experimental BrawlEx Roster expansion code that i made. If anybody needs that code for a reference, PM me. but please note that the code IS NOT FINISHED and will only allow you to change to 1 extra character at its current point. but if you use multiple instances of my code, you can change a different slot to a DIFFERENT clone. (proving that it's not having more clones then bones in the CSS screen)

The thing i'm stuck on, is making one slot able to increment it's value more then once. for now, the engine version of the code will freeze if trying to go to a second clone. My thoughts are that there is some memory address that isn't being patched, or some memory limitation is being surpassed.

//End rant
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:19:04 PM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2467 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:34 AM »

Since this issue I'm having is related to BrawlEx. I want to know how can I force certain character(s) to not crawl?.. Since the code for it itself won't work. I put a certain moveset over PikachuEx and it freezes when I attempt to crawl. Along with a couple other characters. But I would like to start with PikachuEx. ^^

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2468 on: February 14, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »

Since this issue I'm having is related to BrawlEx. I want to know how can I force certain character(s) to not crawl?.. Since the code for it itself won't work. I put a certain moveset over PikachuEx and it freezes when I attempt to crawl. Along with a couple other characters. But I would like to start with PikachuEx. ^^
    I believe the crawl lies in the fighter config. So you'd need the fighter editor from Page One, then open the config in the editor. and select weather you want the clone to crawl or not. And am I the only one who thinks 100 characters is overkill? I doubt there's even enough original characters that aren't playable in brawl with Great Psas, All I can see is a hack of Brawl vs Melee vs N64, and even then it's still overkill on characters.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2469 on: February 14, 2014, 02:00:48 AM »

Update for the BrawlEx clone tool. now shows whether or not the clone has cBliss costumes. (10 costumes). and can set them to have 10 if they don't. Download is in my sig Tongue

There's a bug where the clone's name isn't initially displayed correctly, though this is purely cosmetic. it wont effect the clone at all. in fact, it will return to normal when you click in the properties window.
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:03:08 AM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2470 on: February 14, 2014, 03:28:16 AM »

And am I the only one who thinks 100 characters is overkill? I doubt there's even enough original characters that aren't playable in brawl with Great Psas, All I can see is a hack of Brawl vs Melee vs N64, and even then it's still overkill on characters.

100 Character Slots at the moment kind of is overkill, but until Sammi gets the "EX Slot" code up and running fully, we're limited to 50 Character Slots. I've certainly gotten enough to fill that up, even with just the currently supported characters. If anything, the more open character slots we have, the greater incentive for people to make PSAs so that they are in effect making entirely new characters rather than just replacing others. For example, it's already given me the ability to have Mewtwo fight Lucario without sacrificing another character like say, Game & Watch. Plus I don't have to play with Melee Physics, which I've never been a fan of.

100 slots may be overkill at the moment, but once every character is set up for cloning with BrawlEx, and people continue to add entirely new characters, it may end up being a bit of a hindrance.

Personally I'm trying to learn to make PSAs specifically to add characters to the game with BrawlEx. So, if we can manage to eventually get the full 100 slot capability, I'll be all over it if not just for the prospect of having Brawl just act as a Smash Bros MUGEN in the future.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2471 on: February 14, 2014, 03:40:28 AM »

I believe the crawl lies in the fighter config. So you'd need the fighter editor from Page One, then open the config in the editor.

Well, I looked it up and where I assume where you where specifying "cancrawl" and I set it to false. However, I did do that and tested it out. No result.. .__.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2472 on: February 14, 2014, 03:44:20 AM »

Yeah true but Mugen is more of a sixteen-bit sprite game Brawl has models. In my opinion the current amount of Brawl characters plus maybe thirty other characters would be okay but One Hundred!? might aswell just create a hack called,"Super Mugen 3D" But that's just how I feel though it's your projects I'm just saying how I feel about the idea.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2473 on: February 14, 2014, 04:24:20 AM »

So does the moveset normally require a "Pikachu Cannot Crawl" code? What exact moveset is it? When you put it over regular Pikachu without the code does it freeze the same? What about with the code? If you can get it to work over the regular Pikachu slot, then you could always just insert regular Pikachu on the EX slot to essentially accomplish the same effect as adding it as a BrawlEx clone.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2474 on: February 14, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »

So does the moveset normally require a "Pikachu Cannot Crawl" code? What exact moveset is it? When you put it over regular Pikachu without the code does it freeze the same? What about with the code? If you can get it to work over the regular Pikachu slot, then you could always just insert regular Pikachu on the EX slot to essentially accomplish the same effect as adding it as a BrawlEx clone.

Apparently yes since it freezes without it.
    Lightning PSA via jrush64
    Yes.
    Yes.

Pages:  1 ... 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: