The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nebulon on February 14, 2014, 02:09:38 PM
Not to over, advertise, but I've got a pack. I have two Marth characters, Roy and Sephiroth. If you don't like one of them you could always replace one. Their number information is in the Readme. I kept track of all of that so that people would have an easier time replacing them if they desired. Links to pack and Read me are in Sig. If you're interested. :)

I guess I can do that aswell. Thanks alot.

Does anyone know how to change the ex character id in the CSS code using the CSS tool
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Not to also over advertise, but "an easier thing does exist" lol :P i made those video tutorials a while ago. when the clone engine was new.

Now i have made a tool that almost completely automates the cloning process. the only thing you currently still have to do is edit the fighter config in the config utility, edit the module, and edit CSS code. it also has mass renamer so you don't have to manually rename all your Fitfighter00 files and whatnot

Sammi, once you've got that thing adding cosmetics, I will be all over it. :P
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: tyshy on February 14, 2014, 04:14:54 PM
Does anyone know how to change the ex character id in the CSS code using the CSS tool

The tool can't ADD clone ID's unfortunately. your gonna have to do it manually

Quote from: Axel Akutare on February 14, 2014, 07:37:23 PM
Sammi, once you've got that thing adding cosmetics, I will be all over it. :P

That and the module editing are probably gonna be the last features added, mainly because the complexity involved lol. but, it will get done soon :D

Quote from: Axel Akutare on February 14, 2014, 07:37:23 PM
Sammi, once you've got that thing adding cosmetics, I will be all over it. :P

Seconded.

It's feels so refreshing not having to use codes for crawling or something anymore.

Although I'm curious, is there a way to change the soundbank aside from PSAing the references to the right places?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on February 14, 2014, 08:05:34 PM
Seconded.

It's feels so refreshing not having to use codes for crawling or something anymore.

Although I'm curious, is there a way to change the soundbank aside from PSAing the references to the right places?
and how would that work if the psa asks for sound BE3  it goes for sound BE3 you can change the soundbank but the entire psa still calls for the sound ids and i dont think you can patch that without manulay changing it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on February 14, 2014, 08:32:43 PM
and how would that work if the psa asks for sound BE3  it goes for sound BE3 you can change the soundbank but the entire psa still calls for the sound ids and i dont think you can patch that without manulay changing it.

I just wish there was an easier way Q.Q


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So... I MIGHT be able to fix gfx errors with Sonic psas. It will cost something, but it'll be worth it. Gonna test tonight.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 14, 2014, 10:56:42 PM
So... I MIGHT be able to fix gfx errors with Sonic psas. It will cost something, but it'll be worth it. Gonna test tonight.
you can already do it but you must know psa, i have shadow,sonic and knuckles all without gfx glitches.


theres two ways

1- replace the effect.pac with an assist trophy/boss effect and add the gfx and reasign the gfx numbers in psa
(downside is that if the psa uses original character external reff gfx(noone model gfx) then your screwed since we cant port it)

2-lets say you have sonic you open its pac and add shadow gfx and knuckles after the sonic one without replacing anysave and export the effect.pac then on the shadow and knuckle.pac replace the effect.pac with the one that has all 3 gfxs and edit the ids acordingly in psa.
Downside you need to hope you dont reach the fitcharacter.pac limit if you hit the limit then your screwed you better  downsize gfx textures and such to keep from surpassing the filesize limit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can you make the BrawlEX Clone Tool Windows XP compatible? Thanks in advance.

Quote from: youngsora1 on February 15, 2014, 12:33:24 AM
Can you make the BrawlEX Clone Tool Windows XP compatible? Thanks in advance.
Erm. That was one of the first things he fixed. I reported it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Carnage on February 14, 2014, 11:58:03 PM
you can already do it but you must know psa, i have shadow,sonic and knuckles all without gfx glitches.


theres two ways

1- replace the effect.pac with an assist trophy/boss effect and add the gfx and reasign the gfx numbers in psa
(downside is that if the psa uses original character external reff gfx(noone model gfx) then your screwed since we cant port it)

2-lets say you have sonic you open its pac and add shadow gfx and knuckles after the sonic one without replacing anysave and export the effect.pac then on the shadow and knuckle.pac replace the effect.pac with the one that has all 3 gfxs and edit the ids acordingly in psa.
Downside you need to hope you dont reach the fitcharacter.pac limit if you hit the limit then your screwed you better  downsize gfx textures and such to keep from surpassing the filesize limit

Which Shadow do you have? If it's the Lord of chaos version (The one where Shadow's side B throws a red arrow, etc) could you PLEASE send me a DL link for these?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

February 15, 2014, 01:52:36 AM #2503 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:54:32 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Batman on February 14, 2014, 12:56:15 PM
But I already have someone on Marth..

I do recall something though about codes that affect characters while having BrawlEx won't work. I even checked if the Pikachu has no crawl code had an update of some sort.. Nothing. But I'll give you an example. Attempt to download this onto Luigi. I have the same issue with him too; http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33834 The code for it is in it's description. Also, the creator of said moveset was very rude to me when I had a problem with one of his movesets. I rather not.
:>.>palm:

Quote from: Garry Moore™ on February 14, 2014, 05:14:59 AM
Nah I'm good.
mk

im good also

February 15, 2014, 02:18:12 AM #2504 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:25:46 AM by PhantomWings
warning: May contain cheese

Citizens of the Brawl Hacking Conglomerate!

To you I issue this one ultimatum:

Fill out the character roster!




GO! Set forth and do battle!

Glory! Honor! and Fame! are to those who complete the pokédex Roster!

GO! To see who can be the best! Like no one ever was!


. . .

y'know. Not to over advertise or anything.



The BrawlEx CSS Roster Expansion is a separate mod to the BrawlEx Clone Engine. As illustrated, it increases the maximum number of characters allowed on the CSS screen to (count them!) 100. Moreover, thanks to having to restructure some of the game's internals, it also incorporates Spunit262's Custom CSS code and Custom Random code inside of the mod. Modifying the roster can be done through CSSRoster.dat - a BrawlEx config file. As a side bonus, this mod also includes the fixes for the Zelda/Sheik icons as well as the S/Zamus icons.

It goes without saying that the BrawlEX CSS Roster Expansion should not be used with the original Custom CSS code by Spunit262 or any other CSS changing codes. That being said, like the BrawlEx Clone Engine, this mod takes measures to ensure that it makes no large-scale memory address changes. So some CSS related codes not covered by this mod should still work.


Everything's setup in the OP. Just download the pack and drop the Core Files into your patch directory. I've updated the BrawlEX Config Utility to support opening and editing the CSSRoster.dat file. I've also made a small update to the BrawlEx Clone Engine to fix the Team Battles glitch. So there's probably 3 new downloads you'll want to get to keep updated.




On a separate note, I would like to issue an apology to those who have pending requests to me for information on how to create ExModules. I haven't looked at your query yet and I still may not be able to for some time after this. Please give me some more time.