The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on February 15, 2014, 04:52:34 AM
Question: How does the CSS Roster config file work? Do I need to add the 8 slots that I got from ASF's BrawlEx pack for it to work? Also, is there a way to edit the ID in that file?

The BX CSS Roster Expansion acts as a replacement for Spunit262's Custom CSS code. The data in the CSSRoster.dat file is pretty much the same as what you put into that code although it has two sets of ids: one for the icons that show up in the CSS and one for the characters that can be selected by choosing Random. You can open the file using the BrawlEx Config Utility

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 15, 2014, 04:54:28 AM
@PW
1 more thing:

Since u fixed the team colors deal,
when adding more costumes to characters,
i.e. giving dem the cbliss effect,
is there anything special we need to do?

I can't say I've experimented with that a whole lot, but I think it should work fine as long as they have a Red, Blue and Green team color.

Edit: Basically what ShinF said.

February 15, 2014, 04:58:11 AM #2536 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:59:58 AM by Segtendo
I see now. However, to my knowledge, you can't change, for example, the name "Fighter3FEx" in the config file. Does it matter?

EDIT: I was just about to ask about the CSS code, PW. Cool to see I won't need it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on February 15, 2014, 04:58:11 AM
I see now. However, to my knowledge, you can't change, for example, the name "Fighter3FEx" in the config file. Does it matter?

EDIT: I was just about to ask about the CSS code, PW. Cool to see I won't need it.

The names are more for organizational purposes than anything else. The main values that you'll want to edit are the ids.

It would be nice in the future to have the tool open your CSS Config directory to fetch the names from there, but for now, they're just stored in RosterIdNames.txt

That's fine. Just curious.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: ShinF on February 15, 2014, 04:56:02 AM
I'm going to update my cBliss stock files, but until then just know that the first two digits for a costume (IE, the ones I said were mostly for organizational purposes) determine the team colors. 00 is for Red team, 01 is for Blue team and 03 is for Green team, I believe. So, if you wanted fighter file 01 to be red, the numbers you would use would be 0001, the first 00 determines it's red team, the second determines which costume file it loads. For green team to be costume 02, it would be 0302 and for blue team to load from costume 3, it would be 0103.

Any other set of those first 2 numbers paired with costumes is purely for organizational purposes, so they can be anything. I'm not sure if having the same number twice can cause conflicts or not, it's something I'll have to test.

02000001 03020103 04040505 06060707
08080909 0C000000 00000000 00000000

^ I believe that should give them proper team colors assigned to 01, 02 and 03 as red, green and blue. I'm going to be testing it in a sec as soon as I copy it to all my files. Of course, if you don't care which costume is assigned to which team, you could just use my current files. (I've already verified that they work)
shouldn it be:

02000001 03020103 02040005 03060107
02080009 0C000000 00000000 00000000


So teams work now?

That's awsome!

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 15, 2014, 05:06:34 AM
shouldn it be:

02000001 03020103 02040005 03060107
02080009 0C000000 00000000 00000000

Oh, yes. I'll definitely be checking to see if that one works.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

So I added the new stuff to extend my roster and replaced the Bx_fighter.rel and team battles still freeze. What is the problem?

Do I need to recreate my clones using the new cosmetics and stuff

Quote from: OmegaS3 on February 15, 2014, 05:29:29 AM
So I added the new stuff to extend my roster and replaced the Bx_fighter.rel and team battles still freeze. What is the problem?

Do I need to recreate my clones using the new cosmetics and stuff
You shouldn't have to. I didn't. I'm not sure what you could be missing, though. Did you also copy the new common2.pac?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on February 15, 2014, 05:32:59 AM
You shouldn't have to. I didn't. I'm not sure what you could be missing, though. Did you also copy the new common2.pac?
Ya I did. It still hard freezes when I try to make it go to team battle.

February 15, 2014, 06:01:55 AM #2545 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:02:48 AM by ShinF
Quote from: OmegaS3 on February 15, 2014, 05:37:34 AM
Ya I did. It still hard freezes when I try to make it go to team battle.
That's very strange. What about the ft_kirby.rel? I didn't think anything of it, but I also copied it just in case.

Also, updated CSSSlot cBliss Configs are uploaded now. They now have the traditional FitFighter01 -> Red Team, FitFighter02 -> Green Team, FitFighter03 -> Blue Team pattern with all characters. I tried adding more costumes as team colors (three for each team) but it seems that the number of team color costumes is hard-coded somewhere else, because it just loops through the first 3.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on February 15, 2014, 06:01:55 AM
That's very strange. What about the ft_kirby.rel? I didn't think anything of it, but I also copied it just in case.

Also, updated CSSSlot cBliss Configs are uploaded now. They now have the traditional FitFighter01 -> Red Team, FitFighter02 -> Green Team, FitFighter03 -> Blue Team pattern with all characters. I tried adding more costumes as team colors (three for each team) but it seems that the number of team color costumes is hard-coded somewhere else, because it just loops through the first 3.
Would a Kirby_rel really make the game freeze

For those who don't want to dig to find that link, here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hds6bct3eht2w78/s7uZ4t6orM
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: OmegaS3 on February 15, 2014, 06:04:14 AM
Would a Kirby_rel really make the game freeze

No idea, but anything's possible.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

This is sorta off topic,but how do I add Charizard by himself.I found this charizard psa and his down b is changed so I was wondering if I can him alone and not switch after death.