The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yes, that button works. I'll use this to setup another clone tonight, assuming I get the CSS expansion to work.

Okay, I need some help..

1. I downloaded Tifa over Deedee (ported. She's technically over Pit..), but she needs a code that let's her have Ike's IC-constant. Who do I clone her with, Ike or Pit?

2. How would I add Sheik and ZSS to the roster? The picture PW posted should them on it, but I'd have to use the Fighter Chart.. Which I have no idea how to read..  :'(

3. Also, the CSS expansion comes with files in the Resources folder. What do I do with them?

(I'm sorry, I'm a noob.) :)

Quote from: Demeter on February 16, 2014, 02:45:39 AM
Okay, I need some help..

1. I downloaded Tifa over Deedee (ported. She's technically over Pit..), but she needs a code that let's her have Ike's IC-constant. Who do I clone her with, Ike or Pit?

2. How would I add Sheik and ZSS to the roster? The picture PW posted should them on it, but I'd have to use the Fighter Chart.. Which I have no idea how to read..  :'(

3. Also, the CSS expansion comes with files in the Resources folder. What do I do with them?

(I'm sorry, I'm a noob.) :)


I can at least help you with 2 and 3.
For 2, you have to use the CSS expansion thing and add two characters, who will start out as 00. Simply change their IDs to 04 and 0F and you should have both ZSS and Sheik.
For 3, I'm not even sure about those, but I presume you can ignore them for now. I did, and I had no problems so far.

incidentally...i'm trying to get the expansion to work as well..everything shows up right, but as soon as i hover over any icon, it freezes

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on February 16, 2014, 02:50:46 AM
I can at least help you with 2 and 3.
For 2, you have to use the CSS expansion thing and add two characters, who will start out as 00. Simply change their IDs to 04 and 0F and you should have both ZSS and Sheik.
For 3, I'm not even sure about those, but I presume you can ignore them for now. I did, and I had no problems so far.
Thank you! I thought the files would cause problems if I don't use them.. If I add the IDs to the bottom, it would appear after the random icon, right?

February 16, 2014, 03:14:11 AM #2615 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:16:38 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Demeter on February 16, 2014, 02:45:39 AM
Okay, I need some help..

1. I downloaded Tifa over Deedee (ported. She's technically over Pit..), but she needs a code that let's her have Ike's IC-constant. Who do I clone her with, Ike or Pit?

2. How would I add Sheik and ZSS to the roster? The picture PW posted should them on it, but I'd have to use the Fighter Chart.. Which I have no idea how to read..  :'(

3. Also, the CSS expansion comes with files in the Resources folder. What do I do with them?

(I'm sorry, I'm a noob.) :)

never try to use ported characters over clones
it will just cause potential glitches
instead find a psa of tifa over her normal character, which i would assume is zero suit samus, or sheik.

why do you want to complicate things?, this is pretty new so the best way of experimenting is by handling it the easiest way possible,
i started by not including any codes, no special scselchacters, etc
and went by adding 1 clone at a time
im talking about the old brawl ex of course, havent tried the newest one

has anyone actually used the roster expansion yet? is anyone else having my problem?

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 16, 2014, 03:15:32 AM
has anyone actually used the roster expansion yet? is anyone else having my problem?
Yes I have, no it doesn't freeze.
Don't know what I did though...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I had your problem, and it's a simple fix. If you copied over all of your cosmetic data from an older sc_selcharacter.pac, it will freeze. What you need to do to fix this is manually reimport your textures and animations in MiscData[30] from the old selcharacter to the one in the pac. straight up importing MiscData[30] will cause freeze.

warning: may contain ham
Finally, it's uploaded.

[from the strap loader]

Doqtor Kirby proudly presents:

BrawlExpanded

BrawlExpanded is a fork of the BrawlEx pack provided by ASF1nk, adding 7 new characters to the roster.
This pack is not complete, it grows with the advances in the BrawlEx Clone Engine.

New characters you will see in this version of the pack:
Tails | Mewtwo | Dark Link
Characters you will see REMOVED from this version of the pack:
Waluigi

Remember that this is still in Beta, brawler discretion is advised.

Known issues:
> Strap might crash. This is a BrawlEx issue, and not an issue with the pack.
> Dark Link may or may not crash the game when fighting Link. This is a PSA issue, not an issue with the pack. I don't see this happening when fighting Zero, however. I may look into a fix for this.
> Kirby will crash against clones, due to him not having hats/moves for clones. Because I'm still using BEx 1.1.2, Kirby will also crash against vBrawl Luigi and Yoshi. *facepalm* Will be fixed next version.
> For the same reason, team battles will crash.
> Anything else I don't know about is probably a bug and should be reported if it's not a known issue with the actual Engine.

Characters Already In The Pack:
Cloud Strife
Dark Link
Deadpool
Kid Buu
Mewtwo
Roy
Shadow
Tails
Wolverine
Zero

Characters Planned for v0.9
Rosalina
Dr. Mario
Scott Pilgrim
Raptor
Gray Fox
Megaman, in a later revision
[yes, I'm confirming them ALL]
* Any suggestions for characters are ALWAYS welcome! I have intentions on this being a community pack, and what more than the community suggesting characters.

Characters Planned for v1.0
Fifty-something more characters, yes? I'd like to see that.

Bonus stuff in this version of the pack
Color changing menu
Stages: Subspace Emissary, Cookie Country, Final Frustration, Next Smash Battlefield, Brawl Minus Stages

Credit
asf1nk, sluigi123, angelglory, phantom wings, dantarion, almas, sammi-husky, wister_mame_and_gatch, razanak7, jaklub
> If I forgot you, please let me know! I don't want to take any credit for anything that isn't mine!
* I'm unsure who made some of the clone PSAs. If anybody has any idea also let me know thanks.

Ok now that everything is out of the way...

Have fun with BrawlExpanded.

u should post a link to ur set in ur signature
why only 10 moar characters though?
when we have the ability to add up to +50 more lol

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 16, 2014, 03:26:07 AM
u should post a link to ur set in ur signature
why only 10 moar characters though?
when we have the ability to add up to +50 more lol
That's what I had at the time. I'll add more as I find them/people suggest them.
Also it is in the sig. You have to click on it.

Quote from: Not Kratos on February 16, 2014, 03:19:09 AM
I had your problem, and it's a simple fix. If you copied over all of your cosmetic data from an older sc_selcharacter.pac, it will freeze. What you need to do to fix this is manually reimport your textures and animations in MiscData[30] from the old selcharacter to the one in the pac. straight up importing MiscData[30] will cause freeze.

the thing is..i'm using the files straight from teh download.. and pretty much nothing else. the gct only has the filepatch code.

would somebody who has it working mind uploading theirs? maybe i can see what is wrong with mine..

Do you mean every file? Or just the menu/info/BrawlEx files?
If you don't need everything I'll do it.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 16, 2014, 03:33:14 AM
the thing is..i'm using the files straight from teh download.. and pretty much nothing else. the gct only has the filepatch code.

would somebody who has it working mind uploading theirs? maybe i can see what is wrong with mine..
Did you forget to put the custom Cosmetics back? :P Only thing I can think of.