The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

The resources folder isn't actually necessary...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 16, 2014, 06:00:07 AM
The resources folder isn't actually necessary...

So if I use the common 3 it came with, along with the sc_selcharacter, I shouldn't have to use the resources?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 16, 2014, 05:58:20 AM
Okay so I'm just about to put in a bunch of characters and I wanted to confirm something. I can't change the icon position with the CSS.dat? As in, I can't put Mario last and Link first? etc? Because it would appear as simple as just replacing the 00 for Mario with whatever you've got in your last spot. Also, Where do I put the "resources" files that were in CSSBX?

You can but not in the Config tool, you must rearrange them in a hex editor, it's quite simple actually, all you need to do is just switch around IDs where you want them.

Asked for the resources, it isn't exactly needed unless you want to keep your current common3.pac and sel_character.pac. MiscData13.rel goes in the common3.pac and the mdl0 and chr0 files go in the miscdata30 of the sel_character.pac. If you use the original sel_character.pac and common3.pac files PW provided then you won't have to worry about those resource files.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I hate to say this but every time I use the BX Expansion my brawl data gets corrupted. I just replaced the save file. Then after playing 1 match with a friend I noticed I unlocked a bunch of challenges again. Then the game froze and now my data is corrupted again. Why is this happening?

The clone engine? Or the CSS Expansion posted yesterday?

Because I can use the Engine fine and all it does is [censored] up my BF music screen. (the internal data is fine though oddly)

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 16, 2014, 06:08:24 AM
You can but not in the Config tool, you must rearrange them in a hex editor, it's quite simple actually, all you need to do is just switch around IDs where you want them.

Asked for the resources, it isn't exactly needed unless you want to keep your current common3.pac and sel_character.pac. MiscData13.rel goes in the common3.pac and the mdl0 and chr0 files go in the miscdata30 of the sel_character.pac. If you use the original sel_character.pac and common3.pac files PW provided then you won't have to worry about those resource files.

you can re-arrange all the icons from the config tool actually. double click on the ID in the editor, and change it to whatever you want. :P whatever you set it to will be in that position

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 16, 2014, 06:21:46 AM
The clone engine? Or the CSS Expansion posted yesterday?

Because I can use the Engine fine and all it does is [censored] up my BF music screen. (the internal data is fine though oddly)
Everything was great until the BX Expansion. When I started using it. Thats when all this started happening. IDK if I'm doing something wrong or if its the stuff in general.

This may have been answered, but since everyone's here at this point in time I'll ask (To my credit I did skim 169-174) So I amazingly got everything to work, I redid my GCT, I edited the order in hex for the CSS.dat, made it show my desired number of clones, just to get started. But my icons aren't showing up, or the names. Basically nothing from Misc 70 is showing up. I put them in the sc_SelcChar-etc in menu2. Everyone plays fine, their CSPs and what not show up, it's just this. Do we put these in a new spot now?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Okay, so I downloaded the CSSroster and the clone tool thing... What am I supposed to do with them?

I tried a little experiment with Kirby. I added a modified Luigi fighter config, which I rehexed his Kirby data to Kirby/FitKirbyMario.pac, attempting to make it so that when Kirby copies Luigi, he dons Mario's hat data.

For the most part, it worked—he don's Mario's hat and uses Mario's fireballs—but the animations in the FitKirbyMario00.pac don't work. He just t-poses when using the move.



Luckily, he doesn't stay in the t-pose and will resume normal behavior after about 50 frames, but I'm wondering why he doesn't animate. Note that the hat data comes from the disc data and not the SD card (since I'm not using a kirby folder).


(Using the files in BrawlEx v1.1.4.0 for the bx_fighter.rel and ft_kirby.rel.)


Quote from: Nebulon on February 16, 2014, 06:41:49 AM
This may have been answered, but since everyone's here at this point in time I'll ask (To my credit I did skim 169-174) So I amazingly got everything to work, I redid my GCT, I edited the order in hex for the CSS.dat, made it show my desired number of clones, just to get started. But my icons aren't showing up, or the names. Basically nothing from Misc 70 is showing up. I put them in the sc_SelcChar-etc in menu2. Everyone plays fine, their CSPs and what not show up, it's just this. Do we put these in a new spot now?

If nothing shows up on the css it means that the game couldn't find the CSSRoster.dat.
it needs to be in the BrawlEx folder, not in it's own folder though

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 16, 2014, 07:09:17 AM
If nothing shows up on the css it means that the game couldn't find the CSSRoster.dat.
it needs to be in the BrawlEx folder, not in it's own folder though

I figured it out. I forgot about Misc data 30 edits. :p Now I'm back on track.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Kage Ryu on February 16, 2014, 07:04:44 AM
I tried a little experiment with Kirby. I added a modified Luigi fighter config, which I rehexed his Kirby data to Kirby/FitKirbyMario.pac, attempting to make it so that when Kirby copies Luigi, he dons Mario's hat data.

For the most part, it worked—he don's Mario's hat and uses Mario's fireballs—but the animations in the FitKirbyMario00.pac don't work. He just t-poses when using the move.



Luckily, he doesn't stay in the t-pose and will resume normal behavior after about 50 frames, but I'm wondering why he doesn't animate. Note that the hat data comes from the disc data and not the SD card (since I'm not using a kirby folder).


(Using the files in BrawlEx v1.1.4.0 for the bx_fighter.rel and ft_kirby.rel.)

Great work! I hope this means we can actually get Kirby hats working over cloned characters.

I think he t-posed because there is probably something else you have to change for him to use mario's animation, possibly? I wouldn't know but that is my guess.

Quote from: shock44 on February 16, 2014, 08:27:19 AM
Great work! I hope this means we can actually get Kirby hats working over cloned characters.

I think he t-posed because there is probably something else you have to change for him to use mario's animation, possibly? I wouldn't know but that is my guess.
It sounded simple enough to just set the clone's fighter config to link it to, say, kirby/FitKirbyMarth.pac (which I did with Cloud's config in ASF1nks's pack after updating everything with the BrawlEx v1.1.4.0 stuff), but the game still freezes after selecting a stage when I have both Cloud and Kirby in the same match. I imagine some tinkering with Kirby's module is probably necessary, as I'm guessing something like that was done in PM for Roy and Mewtwo to have copy hats. I don't have nearly the hexing experience to delve into that, though.

And yeah, I'm guessing something else would need to be done to use Mario's animations in my screenshot, but I don't know what.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on February 16, 2014, 09:19:55 AM
It sounded simple enough to just set the clone's fighter config to link it to, say, kirby/FitKirbyMarth.pac (which I did with Cloud's config in ASF1nks's pack after updating everything with the BrawlEx v1.1.4.0 stuff), but the game still freezes after selecting a stage when I have both Cloud and Kirby in the same match. I imagine some tinkering with Kirby's module is probably necessary, as I'm guessing something like that was done in PM for Roy and Mewtwo to have copy hats. I don't have nearly the hexing experience to delve into that, though.

And yeah, I'm guessing something else would need to be done to use Mario's animations in my screenshot, but I don't know what.

Interesting. It probably is in the rel somewhere then.