The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 21, 2014, 08:17:26 AM #2910 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:57:54 AM by SmashKing64
k then ill do this the old fashion way

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 08:24:50 AM

im gunna experiment with this and project m 2.1 see if i can somehow get it to work

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 08:57:54 AM

Question does independent pokemon engine interfere with brawl ex

What happened to Classic mode's variation of the CSS?

The Classic mode screen appears to be missing the tab where you choose the stock count.

I almost got the stock heads working on the SSS. I think it didn't work because I edited the one in common5 rather than menu2/sc_selmap.

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 06:39:59 AM
Ya, I'm using the same patch code.
This is starting to confuse me :\

Redownload. V. 2.2 had an issue. :) Or wait since I'm gonna update it soon after I make 2 more character's gfx no longer conflict.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: SmashKing64 on February 21, 2014, 08:17:26 AM
k then ill do this the old fashion way

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 08:24:50 AM

im gunna experiment with this and project m 2.1 see if i can somehow get it to work

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 08:57:54 AM

Question does independent pokemon engine interfere with brawl ex

Independant Pokemon does interfere I believe. There's a way to do it with BrawlEx anyway, apparently. Also, I dunno about older versions, but we've been generally agreeing that BrawlEx is incompatible with Project M.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Can anyone help me with the Clone Engine not loading? :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

I'm once again at the limit in the CSS menu :/

I tried to downsize the CSP portraits but that ruined them. I replaced a few of the packs in the file with the ones from the smaller CSS that was up to download on the vault, but now I think I'm at the limit...

I even changed all of the CSP packs to extendedLZ77 including the original ones.

I don't know what else to compress.

Any thoughts? What textures can I downsize without risk of glitches?



Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

In fact, could I delete certain things I don't need? Like the stock info?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShinF said that one way you can decrease filesize is to take each CSP, and decrease the dimensions from 128 X 160 to 125 X 160 or something like that. I'd ask him to clarify.

Quote from: Not Kratos on February 21, 2014, 02:24:54 PM
ShinF said that one way you can decrease filesize is to take each CSP, and decrease the dimensions from 128 X 160 to 125 X 160 or something like that. I'd ask him to clarify.
[/quote
Sure, thank you:)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 02:02:40 PM
Can anyone help me with the Clone Engine not loading? :\

Did you put both the BrawlEx Clone Engine Core Files and the CSS Roster Expansion Core Files into their appropriate pf folders?
Something remixed this way comes...

im using brawl ex and no icons showing up

Quote from: Not Kratos on February 21, 2014, 02:24:54 PM
ShinF said that one way you can decrease filesize is to take each CSP, and decrease the dimensions from 128 X 160 to 125 X 160 or something like that. I'd ask him to clarify.

I personally get by with reducing the dimensions to 3/4 of their original size, and then I also index them down to 100 colours. I've only done it for like, 1/8th of my costumes or so, and I just update them as I need more space, while keeping the default csps intact.
It makes the csps a lot fuzzier, but it's still possible to tell who they are and it allows a lot more of them.
I haven't used the extended compression yet either, so I don't know how much that helps on top of it. Need to update my brawlbox.

anyone know where i can download project m 2.1

Quote from: secretchaos1 on February 21, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
I personally get by with reducing the dimensions to 3/4 of their original size, and then I also index them down to 100 colours. I've only done it for like, 1/8th of my costumes or so, and I just update them as I need more space, while keeping the default csps intact.
It makes the csps a lot fuzzier, but it's still possible to tell who they are and it allows a lot more of them.
I haven't used the extended compression yet either, so I don't know how much that helps on top of it. Need to update my brawlbox.
Quote from: secretchaos1 on February 21, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
I personally get by with reducing the dimensions to 3/4 of their original size, and then I also index them down to 100 colours. I've only done it for like, 1/8th of my costumes or so, and I just update them as I need more space, while keeping the default csps intact.
It makes the csps a lot fuzzier, but it's still possible to tell who they are and it allows a lot more of them.
I haven't used the extended compression yet either, so I don't know how much that helps on top of it. Need to update my brawlbox.
Quote from: secretchaos1 on February 21, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
I personally get by with reducing the dimensions to 3/4 of their original size, and then I also index them down to 100 colours. I've only done it for like, 1/8th of my costumes or so, and I just update them as I need more space, while keeping the default csps intact.
It makes the csps a lot fuzzier, but it's still possible to tell who they are and it allows a lot more of them.
I haven't used the extended compression yet either, so I don't know how much that helps on top of it. Need to update my brawlbox.

Can you do this in BB or do you need to upload an image at 3/4 the size? Also how do you change it into 100 colors?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I am only using the BrawlEx expansion.
Do I need both packages?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

nvm but can someone help me with the no extra css icons problem
im using the cssroster thing and editing it with the cfg editor
my hooktype is also axnextframe
im using cfg usb loader