The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yea. I'm back to my original problem of it freezing when it attempts to show the player box.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


OK, I don't get it; tourney runs fine on my PC, but crashes on my Wii. Wouldn't it make more sense if it didn't work for both?

February 21, 2014, 09:59:13 PM #2957 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:00:27 PM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Segtendo on February 21, 2014, 09:45:40 PM
Yea. I'm back to my original problem of it freezing when it attempts to show the player box.

Okay. Do you think you can message me a copy of your build? If you can extract a copy of your save too, that'd be awesome. I think I may be able to look into it this weekend for you.

Quote from: Not Kratos on February 21, 2014, 09:48:02 PM
OK, I don't get it; tourney runs fine on my PC, but crashes on my Wii. Wouldn't it make more sense if it didn't work for both?

Dolphin is optimized to skip over certain bugs using JIT mode and Brawl is optimized to avoid crashing when something doesn't quite go right; most crashes will only occur in Dolphin if you're running in interpreter mode.


Anyways, I think I'll have some time to work on some bugfixes this weekend - maybe work on some Ex Modules while I'm at it.

If he says it could cause save-game corruption, then you guys probablyy shouldn't use it. it could cause alot more issues then it fixes. I wasn't aware that any of the higher level memory would be shifted from brawlEx, that's the only reason that i told you guys to use it. and i did say as a last resort, as you should already know that the code will permanently unlock your characters. Now that the warning has been thrown out there, if you continue to use the code, just be advised that it COULD corrupt your save.

on a side note, i will be uploading a new video tutorial within an hour that explains how to setup brawlEx with my tool, as well as the new BrawlEx CSS expansion. as for modules..I'M TRYIN to get a falcon and ganon one working lol.

Quote from: PhantomWings on February 21, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

Anyways, I think I'll have some time to work on some bugfixes this weekend - maybe work on some Ex Modules while I'm at it.

PW i also got a bug to report, it seems that the home run contest is completely broken when using brawlEx. even vBrawl characters freeze the game

Quote from: PhantomWings on February 21, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
Anyways, I think I'll have some time to work on some bugfixes this weekend - maybe work on some Ex Modules while I'm at it.
dotn forget to include on your pack the exmodules for metaknight and jiglyouff that are on the char repository made by EY and oikazz i think those are 2 you dont need to work on.

i really dont know which model will have most psas to brawl ex probably ganon i guess
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When i tried to make Ridley PSA (ID 54) slot, it showed up as random icon, when highlighted it - crashed the game. All files required is in the SD card. I used Dolphin emulator.
Codes used:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I didn`t edited CSS icons themselves because it usually crashes game on its own. Maybe thas is the mistake i made.

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on February 21, 2014, 10:07:16 PM
When i tried to make Ridley PSA (ID 54) slot, it showed up as random icon, when highlighted it - crashed the game. All files required is in the SD card. I used Dolphin emulator.
Codes used:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I didn`t edited CSS icons themselves because it usually crashes game on its own. Maybe thas is the mistake i made.
if your using the latest brawlex with css.data file you cant use the css code, that file dictates the css
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on February 21, 2014, 10:08:57 PM
if your using the latest brawlex with css.data file you cant use the css code, that file dictates the css

Ninja'd But what he says is true.

Quote from: Carnage on February 21, 2014, 10:08:57 PM
if your using the latest brawlex with css.data file you cant use the css code, that file dictates the css
Was this data file included in the version 1.1.50? If yes, then where?

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on February 21, 2014, 10:14:25 PM
Was this data file included in the version 1.1.50? If yes, then where?

He meant CSSRoster.dat, and yes, it was. It's in the BrawlEx folder.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Just a thought I had out of curiosity, would it ever be possible to maximize the stage select screen similarly to how the BXCSS expansion works? I think I recall seeing a video a long time ago with the SSS increased to 3 pages, but I don't think anything ever came of it.
Just a thought, because I know there have been lot's of really nice custom stages popping up lately and without getting rid of the initial stages, not enough room for all of them.

February 21, 2014, 10:20:23 PM #2966 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:25:14 PM by BaganSmashBros
Imported without editing...now there is real random icon slot instead of something else. CSSRoster.data was included in CSS Expansion pack only.
Imported edited file (with random replaced by 54, Ridley`s default ID) - freezes.

February 21, 2014, 10:23:39 PM #2967 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:51:41 PM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Segtendo on February 21, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Weird. It fixed my freezing.
If you say so.

ok, go then.. and destroy your savedata :P, or you can use the code, but with taking the previously posted advices , and suggestions

I have to add something , I tryed Ridley Ex in my BrawlEx, i am using the newest version,. and I got a random Icon, and I have installed 13 working clones in my css, I mean that, my problem is not related with the common random icon issue.., maybe ridley Ex build needs some fixing.. or is missing something

OK, I'm having this really annoying bug most stages are unusable. From what I can tell, Battlefield and Final Destination are the only stages that work. Has anyone else had this issue? Note: none of my stages are modified, except Battlefield has a texture hack.

new video tutorial rendering out. old tuts = 30 mins. new tut = 11mins. reason? BrawlEx clone Tool. there shouldn't be many questions about how to use the tool anymore :P i highlighted using it in the tut