The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

@Pikazz

Quote from: ShinF on February 04, 2014, 01:32:29 AM
It's in the Slot Config.



Those four bits I circled. Again, they don't match the file names. However, Segtendo did create a list of the Hex IDs for music. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1211207#msg1211207
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

February 26, 2014, 04:48:36 PM #3271 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:03:27 PM by shock44
Quote from: drogoth on February 26, 2014, 01:34:29 PM
This is a pointless side discussion, which I hope I can end with this post after reading those awfully vague replies you put up.

That method can't and won't end. You still need the original characters files to make any Psa, texture or animation edits for the clone. Its always been that way, BrawlEx or not.

All BrawlEx is doing is aside from adding all those 100 characters is (in my case) making everything organized. Now I know that my Hector PSA is in a folder called "hector" and not "pikmin" and that my Roy is in a folder called "roy" not "diddy".

BrawlEx gives us the answer to the age old question: "What character can I keep?" by answering "Why not both?"

*insert trumpet fanfare*

Thank you for clearing this up.

Also thanks Nebulon for pointing to previous post on how to change Victory themes. I'll keep it in mind.

To answer your question KidCraft, here is a quote from a different thread that I made about changing character's sound banks and replacing their sounds for boss ones.

Quote from: Shun_One on February 23, 2014, 11:44:07 PM
If you want to change the Crowd Cheer, Death SFX, and other SFX that you can't edit with PSA, you'll need to download Tabuu (OpenSA3) and a Hex Editor.

Open up any Fighter.pac in Tabuu and navigate to data/misc/SoundData. Note down the off-sets then pop open the Fighter.pac in a Hex Editor and input your new IDs over the old ones.

This is not meant to be a tutorial, just pointing folks in the right direction as Dantarion noted.

Also, how's it goin' KidCraft? Remember me from Getamped2? We used to talk there. It's good to see you again.

Oh hey Nebulon. I tried out your pack and it is great, but why does Skyward Link freeze my game?

Thanks for the help shock and it's been going pretty well since then, just released the public build of my brawl mod this morning should be here on KC:MM in the gernal hacking thread and on smashboards codeset thread, thanks to the clone engine it's come a long way from what i originally had planned for it.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Quote from: Nebulon on February 26, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
@Pikazz
already knew that, but what I ment is to add a new victory fanfare without have to replace any sound/Music at all
Stupid Tinypic :C

February 26, 2014, 06:29:41 PM #3274 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:32:50 PM by Shun_One
Quote from: pikazz on February 26, 2014, 06:23:38 PM
already knew that, but what I ment is to add a new victory fanfare without have to replace any sound/Music at all
Dantarion's Custom Sound Engine code let's you do this. Don't know if it plays nice with Brawl EX though.

Thread
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 26, 2014, 03:18:26 AM
Sounds like BrawlEx isn't loading properly.
Do you have bx_fighter.rel and common2.pac file from the BrawlEx download on your SD card?
You need to check. Don't make the same mistake I did when I first tried this.
Awesome it worked thanks :D.
I added only the Brawl CSS Expansion files but I forgot to also use the BrawlEx Clone Engiene files XD.
-

Quote from: KidCraft24 on February 26, 2014, 04:21:42 PM
i'm also curious if and how we can change a clones crowd chant. Is it something to do with the characters sound bank id that's edited in the fighter config or or is it something that can be hex edited in one of their other config files.

you should open stuff up in Tabuu to find the crowd chants. Dantarion posted that in the BrawlEx Sound Thread a bit ago. but remember that tabuu is pretty advanced. like really

Quote from: Shun_One on February 26, 2014, 06:29:41 PM
Dantarion's Custom Sound Engine code let's you do this. Don't know if it plays nice with Brawl EX though.

Thread
I WAS curious about if it worked with that or not.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Shun_One on February 26, 2014, 06:29:41 PM
Dantarion's Custom Sound Engine code let's you do this. Don't know if it plays nice with Brawl EX though.

Thread
Apparently, that code is highly unstable.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I have my thoughts, but does anyone know if gecko can use Sound_brawl file?
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: shock44 on February 26, 2014, 04:48:36 PM
Thank you for clearing this up.

Also thanks Nebulon for pointing to previous post on how to change Victory themes. I'll keep it in mind.

To answer your question KidCraft, here is a quote from a different thread that I made about changing character's sound banks and replacing their sounds for boss ones.

Also, how's it goin' KidCraft? Remember me from Getamped2? We used to talk there. It's good to see you again.

Oh hey Nebulon. I tried out your pack and it is great, but why does Skyward Link freeze my game?

He's fixed in the current DL. I'm gonna reupload soon though so it's probably better to wait. I'll PM you when i do.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Is there a way to edit the CSS to switch icons? Example: Marth(brawlex) icon switched with another icon?
-


I noticed that CSSRoster.dat does not include any changes to the CSS screen/character portraits that I make in common5.pac. I've replaced Samus's current costumes and corresponding portraits with her Other M designs and ZSS's graphics with Ridley's; however, when using CSSRoster.dat it alters those changes and converts them back to the default graphics. I've tried to resort to using a custom roster code instead (as was used in previous versions of BrawlEx) and renamed CSSRoster.dat to HAHno.dat to make sure that the game doesn't use it, but it seems to heavily rely on it seeing as there are no characters on the CSS. I don't want to downgrade either, as I rather like the new changes made to the actual engine itself.

Long story short, how can I make it so that the current version doesn't have to rely on CSSRoster.dat?

Quote from: Shiruzarto on February 26, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
I noticed that CSSRoster.dat does not include any changes to the CSS screen/character portraits that I make in common5.pac. I've replaced Samus's current costumes and corresponding portraits with her Other M designs and ZSS's graphics with Ridley's; however, when using CSSRoster.dat it alters those changes and converts them back to the default graphics. I've tried to resort to using a custom roster code instead (as was used in previous versions of BrawlEx) and renamed CSSRoster.dat to HAHno.dat to make sure that the game doesn't use it, but it seems to heavily rely on it seeing as there are no characters on the CSS. I don't want to downgrade either, as I rather like the new changes made to the actual engine itself.

Long story short, how can I make it so that the current version doesn't have to rely on CSSRoster.dat?

It's because you're using common5.pac. sc_selcharacter.pac overwrites it, so you need to make the changes in that instead.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!