Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2838279 times)
justadood
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3300 on: February 26, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »

i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...

I'M JUST A DOOD

KarefyrmSix
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3301 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »

Okay I Fixed it Cheesy
Come all, become overjoyed at my success

The problem was that i was using HxD to edit the id's. I was doing it right per say just it wasn't being noticed by BrawlEx. I was able to fix the problem by opening Confih Tool then opening CSSRoster. Nothing i added from using HxD was in there, so i just put them in and testing it in the wii and all clones where there ^.^

If it wasn't for you Sammi suggesting to use Config instead i'd probably never fixed it Tongue
Thanks ^.^ ill probably go back to using your tool once it updated tho seeing as its kinda goes faster

Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3302 on: February 27, 2014, 12:07:08 AM »

i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...

Feel free to download mine. It's in my sig.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3303 on: February 27, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »

Custom Sound Engine works. I've heard that Individual Victory Themes conflicts, but I had a thought on that front: Changing victory themes for each character is possible through Slot Config files anyways. If we use CSE to add music, and then we can use the Slot Configs to assign that music as a victory fanfare, every character can have their own victory theme, Clones included. I tried it out, and it works wonderfully. We'll never need to replace music for victory themes again!

Even better, it's actually simpler than replacing the music. Just add CSE to your codes, name the file 00003000.brstm or a higher number and put it in sound/sfx, then assign that number to the Clone in their Slot Config and bam, instant victory theme with no replaced music.

I just tested it out, it works but once it hit past 6 seconds it started playing a very scratchy glitched mushroomy kingdom song for the remainder of my 15 second victory fanfare. Very strange glitch, any idea of why it does that?

Maybe my victory theme is too long.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3304 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:08 AM »

I just tested it out, it works but once it hit past 6 seconds it started playing a very scratchy glitched mushroomy kingdom song for the remainder of my 15 second victory fanfare. Very strange glitch, any idea of why it does that?

That's odd. Long victory themes shouldn't be an issue at all, I've got looping victory themes that are over a minute long working for me without issue. Granted, I haven't thoroughly tested every character, but the ones I did are working. Could your brstm be corrupted?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3305 on: February 27, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »

Oh and what do you mean a "stocked CSSRoster"? if nothing else works i think ill be dependent on you're Tool :p

By stock roster, i mean a fresh one from the download. i'm glad you figured it out. your problem may indeed have stemmed from altering the CSSRoster.dat without knowing all of what needs to be changed, since there isn't any real explanation of the data points in the file.

so i will outline them here, and maybe PhantomWings can put it in the OP Tongue

Code:
    CSSRoster Config:

0x0 header
    0x07 Filesize? always E0
    0x0B Unknown. always 01
    0x0D Roster Count
    0x0F Random Roster Count

0x10 Roster Layout
    0x78 Random Roster

That's probably not everything, but it's everything that matters when it comes to adding characters to it.

generally if it's all distorted and scratchy, it means that the sample rate isn't configured right for the game to load and play correctly, or it having something to do with mono vs stereo. if you had replaced sounds yourself, make sure to follow some of the guidelines for setting the sample rates, and track settings
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:47:52 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3306 on: February 27, 2014, 12:52:18 AM »

By stock roster, i mean a fresh one from the download. i'm glad you figured it out. your problem may indeed have stemmed from altering the CSSRoster.dat without knowing all of what needs to be changed, since there isn't any real explanation of the data points in the file.

so i will outline them here, and maybe PhantomWings can put it in the OP Tongue

Code:
    CSSRoster Config:

0x0 header
    0x07 Filesize? always E0
    0x0B Unknown. always 01
    0x0D Roster Count
    0x0F Random Roster Count

0x10 Roster Layout
    0x78 Random Roster

That's probably not everything, but it's everything that matters when it comes to adding characters to it.

Yeah i see what i probably did once i saw what the values meant, ive always add +1 per character to the Character Count on the CSS but i never did in the CSSRoster. It's silly how something so small made a huge mess V.V
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:53:45 AM by Kerafyrm Six » Logged

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3307 on: February 27, 2014, 05:38:15 AM »

does brawlex work for riivolution

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3308 on: February 27, 2014, 05:39:46 AM »

does brawlex work for riivolution

It's been said a couple of times. No. I tried like a maniac and it would never work. And so have others.

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3309 on: February 27, 2014, 05:49:45 AM »

It's been said a couple of times. No. I tried like a maniac and it would never work. And so have others.
    oh but how will I get sfx to work on gecko?

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3310 on: February 27, 2014, 06:41:57 AM »

oh but how will I get sfx to work on gecko?

I believe we can use the RSBE code to do that.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3311 on: February 27, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »

@Nebulon

Please tell, is there any chance you could do a tutorial on how to make a GFX Fix?  Grin I've been desperate for a way to do it like forever  Sad

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3312 on: February 27, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

@Nebulon

Please tell, is there any chance you could do a tutorial on how to make a GFX Fix?  Grin I've been desperate for a way to do it like forever  Sad
    if you know something of psa then its easy if you no nothing a tutorial wouldnt help you much either.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3313 on: February 27, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »

if you know something of psa then its easy if you no nothing a tutorial wouldnt help you much either.
    Well, I don't have a large amount of experience, but I'm sure I could find my way around in there, I'm gonna need to do PSA at some point anyway.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:27:50 AM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3314 on: February 27, 2014, 10:57:07 AM »

Does anyone know if a ROB module is in the works?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Pages:  1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: