The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...
I'M JUST A DOOD

Okay I Fixed it :D
Come all, become overjoyed at my success

The problem was that i was using HxD to edit the id's. I was doing it right per say just it wasn't being noticed by BrawlEx. I was able to fix the problem by opening Confih Tool then opening CSSRoster. Nothing i added from using HxD was in there, so i just put them in and testing it in the wii and all clones where there ^.^

If it wasn't for you Sammi suggesting to use Config instead i'd probably never fixed it :P
Thanks ^.^ ill probably go back to using your tool once it updated tho seeing as its kinda goes faster

Quote from: justadood on February 27, 2014, 05:44:59 AM
i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...

Feel free to download mine. It's in my sig.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: ShinF on February 26, 2014, 10:51:58 PM
Custom Sound Engine works. I've heard that Individual Victory Themes conflicts, but I had a thought on that front: Changing victory themes for each character is possible through Slot Config files anyways. If we use CSE to add music, and then we can use the Slot Configs to assign that music as a victory fanfare, every character can have their own victory theme, Clones included. I tried it out, and it works wonderfully. We'll never need to replace music for victory themes again!

Even better, it's actually simpler than replacing the music. Just add CSE to your codes, name the file 00003000.brstm or a higher number and put it in sound/sfx, then assign that number to the Clone in their Slot Config and bam, instant victory theme with no replaced music.

I just tested it out, it works but once it hit past 6 seconds it started playing a very scratchy glitched mushroomy kingdom song for the remainder of my 15 second victory fanfare. Very strange glitch, any idea of why it does that?

Maybe my victory theme is too long.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 27, 2014, 07:10:51 AM
I just tested it out, it works but once it hit past 6 seconds it started playing a very scratchy glitched mushroomy kingdom song for the remainder of my 15 second victory fanfare. Very strange glitch, any idea of why it does that?

Maybe my victory theme is too long.
That's odd. Long victory themes shouldn't be an issue at all, I've got looping victory themes that are over a minute long working for me without issue. Granted, I haven't thoroughly tested every character, but the ones I did are working. Could your brstm be corrupted?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

February 27, 2014, 07:45:15 AM #3305 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:47:52 AM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 27, 2014, 04:41:42 AM
Oh and what do you mean a "stocked CSSRoster"? if nothing else works i think ill be dependent on you're Tool :p

By stock roster, i mean a fresh one from the download. i'm glad you figured it out. your problem may indeed have stemmed from altering the CSSRoster.dat without knowing all of what needs to be changed, since there isn't any real explanation of the data points in the file.

so i will outline them here, and maybe PhantomWings can put it in the OP :P


CSSRoster Config:

0x0 header
0x07 Filesize? always E0
0x0B Unknown. always 01
0x0D Roster Count
0x0F Random Roster Count

0x10 Roster Layout
0x78 Random Roster


That's probably not everything, but it's everything that matters when it comes to adding characters to it.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 27, 2014, 07:10:51 AM
I just tested it out, it works but once it hit past 6 seconds it started playing a very scratchy glitched mushroomy kingdom song for the remainder of my 15 second victory fanfare. Very strange glitch, any idea of why it does that?

Maybe my victory theme is too long.

generally if it's all distorted and scratchy, it means that the sample rate isn't configured right for the game to load and play correctly, or it having something to do with mono vs stereo. if you had replaced sounds yourself, make sure to follow some of the guidelines for setting the sample rates, and track settings

February 27, 2014, 07:52:18 AM #3306 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:53:45 AM by Kerafyrm Six
Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 27, 2014, 07:45:15 AM
By stock roster, i mean a fresh one from the download. i'm glad you figured it out. your problem may indeed have stemmed from altering the CSSRoster.dat without knowing all of what needs to be changed, since there isn't any real explanation of the data points in the file.

so i will outline them here, and maybe PhantomWings can put it in the OP :P


CSSRoster Config:

0x0 header
0x07 Filesize? always E0
0x0B Unknown. always 01
0x0D Roster Count
0x0F Random Roster Count

0x10 Roster Layout
0x78 Random Roster


That's probably not everything, but it's everything that matters when it comes to adding characters to it.

Yeah i see what i probably did once i saw what the values meant, ive always add +1 per character to the Character Count on the CSS but i never did in the CSSRoster. It's silly how something so small made a huge mess V.V

does brawlex work for riivolution
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: tyshy on February 27, 2014, 12:38:15 PM
does brawlex work for riivolution

It's been said a couple of times. No. I tried like a maniac and it would never work. And so have others.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 27, 2014, 12:39:46 PM
It's been said a couple of times. No. I tried like a maniac and it would never work. And so have others.
oh but how will I get sfx to work on gecko?
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: tyshy on February 27, 2014, 12:49:45 PM
oh but how will I get sfx to work on gecko?

I believe we can use the RSBE code to do that.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@Nebulon

Please tell, is there any chance you could do a tutorial on how to make a GFX Fix?  ;D I've been desperate for a way to do it like forever  :(

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on February 27, 2014, 04:16:00 PM
@Nebulon

Please tell, is there any chance you could do a tutorial on how to make a GFX Fix?  ;D I've been desperate for a way to do it like forever  :(
if you know something of psa then its easy if you no nothing a tutorial wouldnt help you much either.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 27, 2014, 04:25:32 PM #3313 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:27:50 PM by SpoonTheMan
Quote from: Carnage on February 27, 2014, 04:21:22 PM
if you know something of psa then its easy if you no nothing a tutorial wouldnt help you much either.
Well, I don't have a large amount of experience, but I'm sure I could find my way around in there, I'm gonna need to do PSA at some point anyway.

Does anyone know if a ROB module is in the works?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822