Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827025 times)
KarefyrmSix
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3285 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »

I noticed that CSSRoster.dat does not include any changes to the CSS screen/character portraits that I make in common5.pac. I've replaced Samus's current costumes and corresponding portraits with her Other M designs and ZSS's graphics with Ridley's; however, when using CSSRoster.dat it alters those changes and converts them back to the default graphics. I've tried to resort to using a custom roster code instead (as was used in previous versions of BrawlEx) and renamed CSSRoster.dat to HAHno.dat to make sure that the game doesn't use it, but it seems to heavily rely on it seeing as there are no characters on the CSS. I don't want to downgrade either, as I rather like the new changes made to the actual engine itself.

Long story short, how can I make it so that the current version doesn't have to rely on CSSRoster.dat?

You're talking about actually replacing ones name plate and color portraits in Common5? i dont think the CSSRoster has anything to do with that and just tells what goes where. if you have sc_selcharacter in menu2 aswell you have to replace the portraits in there too. Probably because sc_selcharacter is in common5 so i guess it over rules it idk. Anyways, ive replaced Dedede with shadow and it shows up as shadow to.

But then again i don't know if thats what you're talking about lol

EDIT: Okay i have no idea what im doing wrong. When i use Sammi's tool everything got added but as soon as i stop using it to put in Ganon and Puff nothing works anymore. I've tried everything that comes to mind. I updated my brawlbox and replaced the two files that were in the CSS Expansion download i have everything where i think it should be and ive also been adding the id's to the CSSRoster and iv'e stopped using the Code. i dont understand what im doing wrong and its getting really frustrating. If anyone can help me with this ide be very greatful
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:25:37 PM by Kerafyrm Six » Logged

ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3286 on: February 26, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »

I WAS curious about if it worked with that or not.

Custom Sound Engine works. I've heard that Individual Victory Themes conflicts, but I had a thought on that front: Changing victory themes for each character is possible through Slot Config files anyways. If we use CSE to add music, and then we can use the Slot Configs to assign that music as a victory fanfare, every character can have their own victory theme, Clones included. I tried it out, and it works wonderfully. We'll never need to replace music for victory themes again!

Even better, it's actually simpler than replacing the music. Just add CSE to your codes, name the file 00003000.brstm or a higher number and put it in sound/sfx, then assign that number to the Clone in their Slot Config and bam, instant victory theme with no replaced music.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:03:17 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3287 on: February 26, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »

EDIT: Okay i have no idea what im doing wrong. When i use Sammi's tool everything got added but as soon as i stop using it to put in Ganon and Puff nothing works anymore. I've tried everything that comes to mind. I updated my brawlbox and replaced the two files that were in the CSS Expansion download i have everything where i think it should be and ive also been adding the id's to the CSSRoster and iv'e stopped using the Code. i dont understand what im doing wrong and its getting really frustrating. If anyone can help me with this ide be very greatful

can you give me a walkthough of exactly what you did? im having trouble following. from what i understand, you used my tool to add characters. but since the tool hasn't been updated to include ganon and jiggs, you had to do them manually. then you tried booting the game and it didn't work? or my tool didn't work after that?

since the tool isn't updated for the new clones, i cannot garuntee things to work right if you have clones setup that aren't setup by the tool. since any number of mistakes in the cloning process would break my tools functionality. BUT setups that are setup correctly should have no problem starting to use the tool after not using it for the earlier clones.

again, i don't know exactly what your problems are so far, so i can't tell what advice to give Tongue

The reason i haven't updated the tool yet is that i'm working on a Ness exmodule. i've only got a few more things to work out, then if it works, i'll put it up for download
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:05:19 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3288 on: February 26, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »

I forgot to say that I will try to do a luigi module! but I have kinda much to do atm and not high on my prio list! but as soon I get time I will do it!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3289 on: February 26, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »

So Toon Link, Ness and Luigi are in the works?
    Wow XD
    Can't wait to see how they all turn out!

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3290 on: February 26, 2014, 05:10:50 PM »

can you give me a walkthough of exactly what you did?

At first i found out about the BrawlEx Engine i read what i could and watched you videos and learned i needed the CSS codes and to move replace 29 with 3F and then just move 29 over and add 0's if needed to finish the code.

Everything was working fine till i hot the 50 cap and came back here to find out what was going on and came across your tool. I heard that the problem was that the icons are to big and saw your tool uses CSSRoster and the BrawlEx files. Using the tool i had sc_selcharacter in the menu2 and common2 in system. 

I downloaded the CSS Expansion file with the Common3 in it and put it. ive used brawlbox to replace the mdl0 and chr0. ive updated the CSSRoster using HxD, i am no longer using the CSS Codes because ive seen people say delete it. ive replace miscdata13 in common3 havent touched common2. my Fighter files and the others are names right and all have matching id's. I've gone in FighterXX and changed the name to whatever and removed "Kirby  Single" to "none" and i've went into the ft_Character.rel and changed the slot id to match the brawlEx files.

As far as i can see everything is right where it needs to be. The CSS Code is confusing me now because i dont know if i need it or not. Now when i use the Code it shows a black Character Select, again ive read removing the Code fixes that and that its not needed any longer.

I must be missing something i just dont know what it is. Im at a lose

Oh and this all started when Ganon and Puff came out. You're errors if Ganon had hes files so i stopped using it till it was updated. I was all like well adding ganon manually should be easy. just add the files and everything then loadup the Tools again and everything should be fine lol Nope! BrawEx slapped me in the face

in my SD i have:
    private>wii>app>rsbe>pf>v

Module>v
    bx_fighter
    ft_kirby
    (and the Customs)

system>v (i have two of each because.. well idk anymore)
    Common2
    Common2_en
    Common3
    Common3_en

menu2>sc_selcharacter
    fighter>"Matching FighterXX and Module Name">FitName and so on
    BrawlEx>v

CosmeticConfig
    CSSSlotConfig
    FighterConfig
    SlotConfig
    CSSRoster

Shiruzarto
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3291 on: February 26, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »

I had fixed it myself roughly thirty minutes after posting, but had to leave before I could post my success, sorry.

You were right, ShinF; those were the files that had caused me such inconvenience. I decided to look at the files that had come with the CSS modifier, and tried to replace them with the default ones from the brawl data partition. For once, I was successful on the first try.

Sorry to cause you all your own brand of inconvenience, I suppose I should've taken the time to tell you all before you began to write self help novels for my aid.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3292 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »

Custom Sound Engine works. I've heard that Individual Victory Themes conflicts, but I had a thought on that front: Changing victory themes for each character is possible through Slot Config files anyways. If we use CSE to add music, and then we can use the Slot Configs to assign that music as a victory fanfare, every character can have their own victory theme, Clones included. I tried it out, and it works wonderfully. We'll never need to replace music for victory themes again!

Even better, it's actually simpler than replacing the music. Just add CSE to your codes, name the file 00003000.brstm or a higher number and put it in sound/sfx, then assign that number to the Clone in their Slot Config and bam, instant victory theme with no replaced music.

You mean put the .brstm file in the sound/strm folder right?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3293 on: February 26, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »

You mean put the .brstm file in the sound/strm folder right?

No, the Custom Sound Engine has you put it in sound/sfx. I'm not sure why, that's just where it goes. Normal music still goes to sound/strm, though.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:41:05 PM by ShinF » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3294 on: February 26, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »

I think my problem is that im not setting up the CSS Mod right. Doesn't that replace the Code? Thats the only thing i can thing of thats wrong if i have all the files in there places. Maybe i haven't set up the CSS Mod correctly?

EDIT: So i wanted to know the tool was doing something i wasn't so i plugged in my SD open Sammi's magic tool and it saw every character but Ganon and Puff as i already knew it would. anyways i added a new Mario and stuck it im my wii and the only clone character to show up was that Mario i just made.

I Don't know what i've missed

EDIT2: Oh no! i checked the CSSRoster and that new mario was created over my 3F clone D: Noooo
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:36:04 PM by Kerafyrm Six » Logged

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3295 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »

This should work for the Brawl cast as well, right? I haven't actually tried it yet to verify though.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3296 on: February 26, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »

This should work for the Brawl cast as well, right? I haven't actually tried it yet to verify though.

Yep. I've tested it for both default Brawl and Clone characters and it works for both.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3297 on: February 26, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »

I think my problem is that im not setting up the CSS Mod right. Doesn't that replace the Code? Thats the only thing i can thing of thats wrong if i have all the files in there places. Maybe i haven't set up the CSS Mod correctly?

EDIT: So i wanted to know the tool was doing something i wasn't so i plugged in my SD open Sammi's magic tool and it saw every character but Ganon and Puff as i already knew it would. anyways i added a new Mario and stuck it im my wii and the only clone character to show up was that Mario i just made.

I Don't know what i've missed

EDIT2: Oh no! i checked the CSSRoster and that new mario was created over my 3F clone D: Noooo

Hey there, it's likely that when you edited the CSSRoster.dat, that something got messed up. How did you edit the file? if it was with a hex editor, that's where you could have messed up. If not, then i have no idea why that would be. anyways. my suggestion is to start from a stock CSSRoster.dat, and add the ID's you want to use to the roster using the config editor. Then everything should work fine.

incidentally, i found a few bugs with the program that i will be fixing with the next update, that will also have support for the new modules. for now, don't try opening a sc_selcharacter or common5 where the sc_selcharacter within it is set to extendedlz77. the program will give you an error. and, you really don't wanna have the .dat.bak files in the folders as well, as it will cause issues

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3298 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »

Hey there, it's likely that when you edited the CSSRoster.dat, that something got messed up. How did you edit the file? if it was with a hex editor, that's where you could have messed up. If not, then i have no idea why that would be. anyways. my suggestion is to start from a stock CSSRoster.dat, and add the ID's you want to use to the roster using the config editor. Then everything should work fine.

incidentally, i found a few bugs with the program that i will be fixing with the next update, that will also have support for the new modules. for now, don't try opening a sc_selcharacter or common5 where the sc_selcharacter within it is set to extendedlz77. the program will give you an error. and, you really don't wanna have the .dat.bak files in the folders as well, as it will cause issues

I used HxD hex editor to change the CSSRoster and when HxD saves it creates a .dat.bak but ive always deleted it cuz i was unsure, and now i know. I never thought about that the sc_selcharacter and the common5>sc_selcharacter being different formats.

When i edit the CSRoster i find the 29 random icon. You're tool always sets clones to the right instead of moving 29 over. anyways i go from there

3F 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 and then 4A to F

Oh and what do you mean a "stocked CSSRoster"? if nothing else works i think ill be dependent on you're Tool :p

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3299 on: February 26, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »

I will admit I have been thinking of creating a psa and finding a model for it to go over Toon Link unfortunately I don't have 3ds max and I'm completely clueless on how to do movesets so I know it can't be done

Pages:  1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: