The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 27, 2014, 06:06:50 PM #3315 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:14:36 PM by ShinF
Quote from: ShinF on February 27, 2014, 07:15:08 AM
That's odd. Long victory themes shouldn't be an issue at all, I've got looping victory themes that are over a minute long working for me without issue. Granted, I haven't thoroughly tested every character, but the ones I did are working. Could your brstm be corrupted?
Hmm, just now had a problem with this myself. Very odd, since it was working earlier without issue... It may be an issue with certain IDs or something. I'm going to go through every character that I've done and see which ones work and I'll put them and the IDs I used for their songs together and we'll see if there's any overlap between which ones messed up for us.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

February 27, 2014, 06:10:19 PM #3316 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:23:20 PM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Carnage on February 27, 2014, 04:21:22 PM
if you know something of psa then its easy if you no nothing a tutorial wouldnt help you much either.

He is just asking for a tutorial, if he really wants to learn how to do GFX fix, then the eventually will learn  enough about PSA in order to to follow a GFX fix tutorial in a right manner, by the way, I am of the ones that want a GFX fix tutorial :P

EDIT: I am seriously thinking about learning how to do a GFX fix by myself, I am Just going to compare a GFX glitchy psa, with a fixed one, finding their respective differences, and learn how to do the enough changes  on a PSA in order to fix it, i mean, the "tutorial" itself is inside the GFX fixed PSAs.

Quote from: Nebulon on February 27, 2014, 05:57:07 PM
Does anyone know if a ROB module is in the works?
no one ever talked about rob, i heard ness,toon link and cf
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nebulon, i was stalking your Vault and i do very much enjoy you Knuckles and Megaman on there. I'm going to get them

That is all.

February 27, 2014, 06:25:38 PM #3319 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:44:42 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 27, 2014, 06:22:18 PM
Nebulon, i was stalking your Vault and i do very much enjoy you Knuckles and Megaman on there. I'm going to get them

That is all.
Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 27, 2014, 06:22:18 PM
Nebulon, i was stalking your Vault and i do very much enjoy you Knuckles and Megaman on there. I'm going to get them

That is all.
Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 27, 2014, 06:22:18 PM
Nebulon, i was stalking your Vault and i do very much enjoy you Knuckles and Megaman on there. I'm going to get them

That is all.

The one in my pack works with Shadow as well. Might be worth looking into :)

Post Merge: February 27, 2014, 06:44:42 PM

As far as people asking about GFX fixes go, there are reasons i'm iffy on making a tutorial. You see there are two ways to fix gfx=

The easy way is to combine the ef_files for a character and their clone. This involves rerouting the gfxes used in a character's moveset to load the mdl data you would have taken from your clone's ef_file (which would now be imported to thw original character's ef_file) You would import the models into the new pack, create a new efls to read the model and then in the pack you'd have to Find ALL of the original IDs and replace the IDs with the new efls you input that corresponds to the intended mdl.

But it's not consistent. Not everything comes with a character, not everything can be combined, and there are file limits to consider and i wouldn't wantto make a tutorial that might just curther confuse people or make them think i'm the one wrong about it. It's a different process for every pack, you need to be a detective, che k the subactions, articles, terminate the gfx, make sure the original character is unaffected too, possibly change their gfx around etc.

The other way is to make your character load from an assist trophy ef_file, but only certain ones seem to work. The other issue is compatibility. My pack doesn't reuse assist ef_files, but if you put in a character into my pack that's using thw same ef_file as the one in my pack then there'll be glitches. :/ you would need to be determined to do this and accept that certain things can't be ported to certain ef_files.

Not to mention corrupted mdls.. That's a whole different ball game and plenty of popular psas have them.

This doesn't mean i will never make one, it just means i'd like to make one when i've mastered it.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

February 27, 2014, 07:00:04 PM #3320 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:05:02 PM by ShinF
Quote from: ShinF on February 27, 2014, 06:06:50 PM
Hmm, just now had a problem with this myself. Very odd, since it was working earlier without issue... It may be an issue with certain IDs or something. I'm going to go through every character that I've done and see which ones work and I'll put them and the IDs I used for their songs together and we'll see if there's any overlap between which ones messed up for us.

Hmm, so far (of the ones I've done), only 00003043 has done this to me. The character was a Clone over slot 43 (Isaac). All of the others I've done have worked perfectly fine for both Brawl characters and Clones. Incidentally, switching over to 00003143 didn't make any difference. I'm going to try assigning him one of the ones that I know for sure works.

Edit: Alright, it looks like it's just this particular Clone that's causing it, because assigning him to the working ones I listed below didn't work, either.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


^ All of those are ones that I've done and haven't had problems with. If I have trouble with any more, I'll be sure to bring it up.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nebulon, would this work with riivo?
I'M JUST A DOOD

Hey Nebulon; your brawl system is very elaborated and awsome
But I have a problem whenever I try to select an Ex character



as you can see, I use Dolphin, couldnt the problem be the way you ordered the lines on the codes? I see you wrote the lines on a single line on all of the codes (Even though I actually used the .gct you incluided in the pack

Quote from: justadood on February 27, 2014, 08:24:10 PM
Nebulon, would this work with riivo?

Well I use Brawl Ex and I BELIEVE it doesn't. A better person to ask would be PW and Sammi.

Quote from: Kyouma on February 27, 2014, 08:36:24 PM
Hey Nebulon; your brawl system is very elaborated and awsome
But I have a problem whenever I try to select an Ex character



as you can see, I use Dolphin, couldnt the problem be the way you ordered the lines on the codes? I see you wrote the lines on a single line on all of the codes (Even though I actually used the .gct you incluided in the pack

I added them in with GCT edit. One code at a time. This requires that I smush the codes I put in (just not spaces), but that's done to every single code, not all at once.

I've never used Dolphin. I have a copy of all of the codes I use. Would you want me to send it to you?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 27, 2014, 08:45:56 PM
Well I use Brawl Ex and I BELIEVE it doesn't. A better person to ask would be PW and Sammi.

I added them in with GCT edit. One code at a time. This requires that I smush the codes I put in (just not spaces), but that's done to every single code, not all at once.

I've never used Dolphin. I have a copy of all of the codes I use. Would you want me to send it to you?
Sure, maybe that can solve it

How do you edit the CSS for BrawlEx? Asked before but my question got buried...
-

February 27, 2014, 09:08:04 PM #3326 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:36:17 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: the98pika on February 27, 2014, 08:53:57 PM
How do you edit the CSS for BrawlEx? Asked before but my question got buried...

Open your CSSRoster.dat in BrawlEX with a data editing software (I use  HxD)
Starting from 00000010 on the left side is your Character Roster order. It should start with 00, which would be Mario, and from there the rest of the characters. Each is represented by an ID. For clones, the ID will be the same as the ID you put after their Fighter, Cosmetic, etc files. For original characters, you'll need to open up a spoiler tag in the OP for Spunit's custom CSS code. Don't use the code, but look at the list it comes with. It'll show you what every character 's ID is.

Then arrange them however you want :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Hey how would i go about adding Giga Bowser to the Roster?
Like i want killable boss-type character you know? i was wondering it theres something i can do

i'd like killable boss characters in the game too, but as far as gigabowser goes, it would nerf bowser's final smash if you changed gigabowser :P ...but killable boss characters, either playable or somehow coded into stages, similar to spear pillar, would definitely be cool.
I'M JUST A DOOD

February 27, 2014, 10:04:18 PM #3329 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:31:21 AM by Pichi-Hime
Just a dumb question. Can you add the Bosses from the SE to the roster? Probably not, but I though I'd ask.