The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

I don´t think so, I use the Codes which Nebulon use + Tags in Peplay, Replays longer then 3 minutes and colored Shields which worked earlyer (mid february) with his pack.
I will test it on my wii today with gecko I think atm that this is not my fault. :D

Quote from: Heavy-taste on March 01, 2014, 12:01:47 PM
I don´t think so, I use the Codes which Nebulon use + Tags in Peplay, Replays longer then 3 minutes and colored Shields which worked earlyer (mid february) with his pack.
I will test it on my wii today with gecko I think atm that this is not my fault. :D

Ive added a few more codes since then. Perhaps something isn't compatible. I did include a text file for my codes this time in the cods folder of the most recent version. If you need me to rename them the specific things they are then I can now, I did the research. :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Heavy-taste on March 01, 2014, 12:01:47 PM
I don´t think so, I use the Codes which Nebulon use + Tags in Peplay, Replays longer then 3 minutes and colored Shields which worked earlyer (mid february) with his pack.
I will test it on my wii today with gecko I think atm that this is not my fault. :D
make sure the nebulon pack version you got has every files like brawlex and such becuase sometimes dropbox doesnt seem to  upload the brawlex files and such acording to nebulon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So, thank you guys!
My fault was I had only copied the private folder from Nebulons Pack, so I haven´t had the gameconfig.txt on my card. It works now fine for me. :)

Nebulon, didn't you say you had a Sonic PSA that Shadow over Sonic friendly? Cuz if you have one i'd like to have a cloned Sonic turned Shadow and still be able to play Sonic

Hello. I'm starting to get crashes when opening the slots for the other players, if that makes any sense. Player 1 opens just fine, but the game crashes when the other 3 are opened. It worked fine before...

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on March 01, 2014, 03:32:12 PM
Nebulon, didn't you say you had a Sonic PSA that Shadow over Sonic friendly? Cuz if you have one i'd like to have a cloned Sonic turned Shadow and still be able to play Sonic

I edited it a bit, I didn't make it. Either way, it's in my pack if you'd like it :) Along with a Ganon and Broly fix, Goku and Pit fix, Vegeta, Wolf, Wolverine, Raptor fix, and quite a few more.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on March 01, 2014, 03:53:31 PMI edited it a bit, I didn't make it. Either way, it's in my pack if you'd like it :) Along with a Ganon and Broly fix, Goku and Pit fix, Vegeta, Wolf, Wolverine, Raptor fix, and quite a few more.

Oh oh, please tell me you have a Goku/Pit that doesnt go MOVE OUT! MOVE OUT! MOVE OUT!

I really hate that crap :p and cuz hes pit that his favorite attack..

March 01, 2014, 04:39:16 PM #3398 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:41:07 PM by HaloFanODST
I just found 3 bugs on Nebulon's pack. But some problems are on the PSA's.

1. Dragonite T-poses when using Neutral-B (maybe the PSA isn't finished)

2. When Raptor faces Wolf, if Wolf does his Final Smash and shot the game will freeze. Same effect happens if Raptor uses Neutral-B once Wolf's Landmaster is on the field.
IDK if the problem is in the PSA, or the game just doesn't like this.

3. Last (I discovered it is just a random freeze), the game freezes at CSS after some battles. Ignore this one, since it was just a random freeze (not talking about the icon, it works fine).

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 04:41:07 PM

Hey Nebulon.
There is a FitGanon.pac in Ganon's folder.

What is it for?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

March 01, 2014, 04:43:14 PM #3399 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:46:03 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on March 01, 2014, 04:20:10 PM
Oh oh, please tell me you have a Goku/Pit that doesnt go MOVE OUT! MOVE OUT! MOVE OUT!

I really hate that crap :p and cuz hes pit that his favorite attack..

Oh, mine does do that.

I'm waiting for an SFX fix, so rather than disable his sounds (which would be easy) I'm waiting for an SFX fix to happen. It's easy to disable sounds though if you want to know...

Kamehameha is his B move, which in BB and PSA is SpecialN (For Special Neutral, since he's not using Special Side/Side B, Special Up/Up B, or Special Down/Down B.) an exception would be if it was renamed, although I don't think he is.

Also, you'd need to open hm in the proper software. Copy your .pac to be safe and try opening him in 68b. That's been the most reliable version for edits for me. You'll open up his MoveDef_FitPit box (There's 3 boxes when you open it up, the first just being the name of the .pac, the second being the moves and whatnot (We'll keep it simple), and the third being where the models and effects are. MoveDef_FitPit is  the second box). From there, open up "sections"/"Data"/ and then out of the many new options you'll pick "SubActions Scripts". In here is a long list of everything the character does, and they're all named accordingly. These folders contain information that adds things to normal actions (Which is why these are Subactions. You can think of them as the pizazz to an attack or animation.) scroll through until you find Special N. Then expand the folder (click the plus sign on the folder's right, or if you're using a keyboard just use the right key on the folder) and you'll see 4 more folders. Everything in here has these 4 folders. You're trying to edit a sound effect, so you'd go into the SFX folder. From there you could see a number of things depending on the character, but you're concerned with the SFX ID that it loads. So you'll then open up the box "Sound effect" and it will display a value in the window on the right in the top bar. In BB 68b these numbers are in normal numbers. In other versions you may encounter hexidecimal based numbers. You'll need to change the value in here to something else.

This is where you get to choose. In some cases you can delete the Sound effect, but sometimes that causes the .pac not to be able to save. You could also change the value to something neutral sounding. I normally go with "100". It's the sound the Shield makes when it's being activated. This is to let me know I've done the attack since I pay attention to sounds in video games. If you want no sound try just putting in 0. I don't normally do that, but it's worth a try.

Save and close. Make sure you hit file and save, not save and quit. Hitting file and save means you may have saved it, but sometimes .pacs are screwy. To test if they are, immediately after you hit save, attempt to close the .pac. If it closes then it should've saved. If it asks if you want to save changes, then it didn't save when you clicked save in the file drop down, and it WON'T save in that version of BB. So you'll need to pick another BB program, or PSA if it's compatible, and try again.

Hope that helps :)


Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 01, 2014, 04:39:16 PM
I just found 3 bugs on Nebulon's pack. But some problems are on the PSA's.

1. Dragonite T-poses when using Neutral-B (maybe the PSA isn't finished)

2. When Raptor faces Wolf, if Wolf does his Final Smash and shot the game will freeze. Same effect happens if Raptor uses Neutral-B once Wolf's Landmaster is on the field.
IDK if the problem is in the PSA, or the game just doesn't like this.

3. Last (I discovered it is just a random freeze), the game freezes at CSS after some battles. Ignore this one, since it was just a random freeze (not talking about the icon, it works fine).

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 04:41:07 PM

Hey Nebulon.
There is a FitGanon.pac in Ganon's folder.

What is it for?

FitGanon contains Broly files in it's ef_file. This allows them to coexist on the field. :)

Thank you for reporting errors. If you want to ensure I see them though, you may want to PM me next time. I wouldn't want to miss these because I didn't check this thread. :)

I'll look into the issues and come back with something.

Oh, and about the Dragonite, I've got numerous reports about this, BUT  I cannot duplicate the glitch. Please PM me and tell me what was going on when the character did this (Was he in the air, was it during a fall animation, etc)

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on March 01, 2014, 04:43:14 PM

FitGanon contains Broly files in it's ef_file. This allows them to coexist on the field. :)

What do you mean?
So if Ganon doesn't have the FitGanon.pac in the folder, the game freezes?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 01, 2014, 05:01:08 PM
What do you mean?
So if Ganon doesn't have the FitGanon.pac in the folder, the game freezes?

Oh, no. If Ganon doesn't have this, then if you load Ganon, and then Broly for a match, then Broly won't get his graphics. But this Ganon pac includes Broly's effects.

Clone characters have GFX screw ups because if you load the default character first, and then the clone, it'll only load the ef_file of the character you picked first (in this scenario, then original character). If the original character doesn't have the clones gfx input into their ef_file then the clone will not get their GFX to show up.

But I made it so that Ganon does have a FitGanon.pac that has Broly's things too, so that if you picked Ganon first and then Broly it'll still load. And vice versa, if you pick Broly first and then Ganon, Ganon's stuff will load.

This isn't necessary for characters that are based on other modules. So Goku over Pit, Vegeta over Wolf, and Buu over Lucario, will never conflict with Broly, because they use an ef_file over Pit, Wolf, and Lucario respectively. for Ganon, or a character that is based on a Ganon module, you need to make sure there GFX are either shared in all of their ef_files, or that they don't lad from the same ef_file.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and ask, where you trying to give Ganon and different .pac file? Like Sword Ganon or something?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on March 01, 2014, 05:12:18 PM
Oh, no. If Ganon doesn't have this, then if you load Ganon, and then Broly for a match, then Broly won't get his graphics. But this Ganon pac includes Broly's effects.

Clone characters have GFX screw ups because if you load the default character first, and then the clone, it'll only load the ef_file of the character you picked first (in this scenario, then original character). If the original character doesn't have the clones gfx input into their ef_file then the clone will not get their GFX to show up.

But I made it so that Ganon does have a FitGanon.pac that has Broly's things too, so that if you picked Ganon first and then Broly it'll still load. And vice versa, if you pick Broly first and then Ganon, Ganon's stuff will load.

This isn't necessary for characters that are based on other modules. So Goku over Pit, Vegeta over Wolf, and Buu over Lucario, will never conflict with Broly, because they use an ef_file over Pit, Wolf, and Lucario respectively. for Ganon, or a character that is based on a Ganon module, you need to make sure there GFX are either shared in all of their ef_files, or that they don't lad from the same ef_file.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and ask, where you trying to give Ganon and different .pac file? Like Sword Ganon or something?

Yes. I was going to use Eldiran's Sword Ganon.
Not over Ganon, but to make Arbiter use his sword.

I'm making an Arbiter clone (Ganon). But when I noticed the FitGanon, I sort of confused.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

While we're on the subject. Nebulon, where would i stick a ef_Ganon.pac in? I'm not sure if you just said it or not i'm sorry if you did

I don;t know if i put it pf>effect or pf>fighter>ganon

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on March 01, 2014, 05:45:38 PM
While we're on the subject. Nebulon, where would i stick a ef_Ganon.pac in? I'm not sure if you just said it or not i'm sorry if you did

I don;t know if i put it pf>effect or pf>fighter>ganon

Open up "FitGanon.pac" inside the Ganon folder. You'll see a box called "Ef_Ganon". Replace that one with the new one, but make sure you pick a good BB so that nothing gets messed up. BB 71 is good for transporting corrupted mdls I noticed.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822