The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xero874 on March 06, 2014, 09:54:15 PM
Thank you :)
And, it seems as if the SDHC expansion makes my game crash on the Wii after (now loading...)
I'm using a 4GB SDHC on CFG USB Loader, AXNEXTFRAME and I only have FPC code, Stage Expansion and the SDHC code (of course). I don't want to keep playing on Dolphin with my crappy PS2 controller xD Can anyone help?

Post Merge: March 06, 2014, 10:10:45 PM

Ok, before it was on SD:/codes now I moved it to SD:\usb-loader\codes
Now it still gives me a black screen, but no buzzing/screeching.

So with or without the codes the ISO freezes? That would be a bad ISO if that's the case.

In unrelated matters, is there some way to organize the Character Select Screen? I mean to pick where the icons are placed rather than the order of the characters, mind you. Getting a bit tired of my character select looking lopsided.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on March 06, 2014, 10:39:08 PM
So with or without the codes the ISO freezes? That would be a bad ISO if that's the case.

In unrelated matters, is there some way to organize the Character Select Screen? I mean to pick where the icons are placed rather than the order of the characters, mind you. Getting a bit tired of my character select looking lopsided.
With the codes it freezes.
And for your problem, if you have BrawlEx installed, just go into CSSRoster.dat with the Config utility.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on March 06, 2014, 10:44:42 PM
With the codes it freezes.
And for your problem, if you have BrawlEx installed, just go into CSSRoster.dat with the Config utility.

Well, I know that works for the order, but how would you use that to say... Center the last row?
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on March 06, 2014, 10:54:26 PM
Well, I know that works for the order, but how would you use that to say... Center the last row?
Not that I know of... Unless you add useless clones that will fill the rest of the bottom :\
In other words, do you think you can whip me up a GCT file with FPC SDHC expansion and Stage Expansion?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Axel Akutare on March 06, 2014, 10:54:26 PM
Well, I know that works for the order, but how would you use that to say... Center the last row?

You can use the CSS organizer that PW made quite a long time ago. The game still loads it's positions from sc_selcharacter. All you have to do is order them in that then stick the sc_selcharacter in your menu2 or back into your common5. (i haven't tested it with the CSS expansion mind you)

Heyy, Sammi. Now that you're here. I wanted to tell you that your program crashes in Windows 8 when loading the PF folder.
And does anyone know a solution to my problem? :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 06, 2014, 11:39:23 PM
You can use the CSS organizer that PW made quite a long time ago. The game still loads it's positions from sc_selcharacter. All you have to do is order them in that then stick the sc_selcharacter in your menu2 or back into your common5. (i haven't tested it with the CSS expansion mind you)

I'll be sure to look that up and try it later. As another question, does anyone happen to know how to get the alternate costumes for Bomberman from the Luigi version working with the Link version? Like Max and Bean for instance.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on March 06, 2014, 09:29:07 PM
Good question, i'd like to know to. Also would i even be able to still launch brawl even if i dont actually have a working disc anymore?
The reason why SDHC does not work with Gecko is the IOS used by it. Gecko loads the IOS specified with the game all the time, no if's and's or but's. Brawl uses IOS 36 by default. IOS 36, while it had SD support, it didn't have SDHC support. So by loading Brawl with a different IOS (pmloader uses IOS 58), and using the SDHC extension code, we can load cards bigger than two gigs.

Keep in mind the hackless method wouldn't work in this manner, as IOS 36 is loaded by the Disc Channel as well when Brawl is inserted.

So can anyone help me with my problem?
I only have FPC, SDHC code and Stage expansion. And after it says "Now loading.." There is a black screen and I con't do anything from there.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on March 07, 2014, 12:18:41 AM
So can anyone help me with my problem?
I only have FPC, SDHC code and Stage expansion. And after it says "Now loading.." There is a black screen and I con't do anything from there.
my best guess is delete every code except fpc and the sdhc code and if it still freezes then it isnt a gct problem but some file that is corrupted or over the limit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 07, 2014, 01:01:39 AM #3685 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:06:50 AM by Xero874
Quote from: Carnage on March 07, 2014, 12:34:29 AM
my best guess is delete every code except fpc and the sdhc code and if it still freezes then it isnt a gct problem but some file that is corrupted or over the limit
Do you think you can take a look at my BrawlEx pack and tell me if there is anything in there that would be causing this crash? (It works perfectly on Dolphin)

Post Merge: March 07, 2014, 01:06:50 AM

Ya, I put only the FPC and SDHC support, still crashes. :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Could someone help me with this, give me a briefing of what's wrong. I keep getting an error when trying to open in riivo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="BrawlEX">
      <option name="BrawlEX 4 riivo">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="BrawlEX" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="BrawlEXfolder">
    <folder external="/BrawlEX" recursive="false" />
    <folder external="/BrawlEX" disc="/" />
  </patch>
</wiidisc>

Quote from: 24tee on March 07, 2014, 03:25:43 AM
Could someone help me with this, give me a briefing of what's wrong. I keep getting an error when trying to open in riivo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="BrawlEX">
      <option name="BrawlEX 4 riivo">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="BrawlEX" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="BrawlEXfolder">
    <folder external="/BrawlEX" recursive="false" />
    <folder external="/BrawlEX" disc="/" />
  </patch>
</wiidisc>
Brawlex doesn't work with Riivo.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on March 07, 2014, 03:43:39 AM
Brawlex doesn't work with Riivo.

Actually PW recently stated hat if someone could create a great xml(Which im trying to do but failing at) fro riivo, it might actually work.

So I guess no one can help me with my problem. )':

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04