The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

When I open my roster file with the BrawlEx Config Utility, I can see the data, but I can't change anything. Is it a bug of some sort? Or am I supposed to modify it through another means?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


March 08, 2014, 10:21:53 PM #3766 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:23:28 PM by Chaos Phoenix
Quote from: br3compactor on March 08, 2014, 09:37:17 PM
When I open my roster file with the BrawlEx Config Utility, I can see the data, but I can't change anything. Is it a bug of some sort? Or am I supposed to modify it through another means?
The CSS roster is basically an easier way to setup your character selection screen without the need for css codes to  my knowledge. You should be able to modify the id's to choose the order. So if you want mario in the first slot on the character selection screen you would type in 00 in the id because 00 is his id number or say you would want pit it would be 17. On the first page their are tutorials on how to make the extra character slots you can add to the character selection screen so that it actually chooses a new character rather than it freezing. (I think their are newer videos somewhere on that persons channel that might be better)

Quote from: br3compactor on March 08, 2014, 09:37:17 PM
When I open my roster file with the BrawlEx Config Utility, I can see the data, but I can't change anything. Is it a bug of some sort? Or am I supposed to modify it through another means?
just click on the ids till u are able to change em

March 08, 2014, 11:13:20 PM #3768 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:35:44 PM by br3compactor
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 08, 2014, 10:32:25 PM
just click on the ids till u are able to change em

Everything looks gray'd out, meaning I can't click them. I am using the basic expanded roster, with one character added with sammi's tool.

Edit: I closed it and opened it again without closing the program and it worked just fine... strange...

Anyways, to modify the CSS can I still use the good old CSS Organizer?


[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on March 08, 2014, 11:13:20 PM
Everything looks gray'd out, meaning I can't click them. I am using the basic expanded roster, with one character added with sammi's tool.

Edit: I closed it and opened it again without closing the program and it worked just fine... strange...

Anyways, to modify the CSS can I still use the good old CSS Organizer?



No, as the CSS Organizer modifies the CSS code, not the CSSRoster.

Oh, hey Don Jon BravoEX, how is the alternate sound back engine code going? I remember you saying you working on an update in the tutorial to give EX characters sounds.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on March 09, 2014, 12:21:42 AM
No, as the CSS Organizer modifies the CSS code, not the CSSRoster.

Actually, you're mistaken... The CSS Organizer modifies the bone animations within the sc_selcharacter PAC file, allowing for a custom positioning of the icons, and that's why I've been wondering that...

Here's an example of what you can do with the CSS organizer (including changing the order of the roster, even if in this case I used Sputnik's code):


[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hey I just had an amazing idea on the transforming modules/psas. could it be possible to have a Link clone like Majora's Mask Young Link being able to transform into another Link Clone, but as Fierce Deity Link?

March 09, 2014, 03:26:03 AM #3773 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:27:52 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on March 09, 2014, 12:34:16 AM
Oh, hey Don Jon BravoEX, how is the alternate sound back engine code going? I remember you saying you working on an update in the tutorial to give EX characters sounds.
ive been busy partying hard since im on vacation
but ill get to it when i can


Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 03:27:52 AM

Quote from: br3compactor on March 08, 2014, 11:13:20 PM


Anyways, to modify the CSS can I still use the good old CSS Organizer?[/color]



yes


March 09, 2014, 04:04:18 AM #3774 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:28:03 AM by 24tee
Exception! Exception!! EXCEPTION!!!!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wiidisc version="1">
 <id game="RSB" />
 <options>
   <section name="BrawlEX">
     <option name="BrawlEX 4 riivo">
       <choice name="Enabled">
         <patch id="BrawlEX" />
       </choice>
     </option>
   </section>
 </options>
 <patch id="BrawlEXfolder">
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CosmeticConfig" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CSSSlotConfig" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/FighterConfig" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/SlotConfig" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter" disc="/fighter/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info" disc="/info/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2" disc="/info2/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu" disc="/menu/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2" disc="/menu2/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module" disc="/module/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage" disc="/stage/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm" disc="/sound/strm/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound" disc="/sound" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/movies" disc="/movie/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx" disc="/BrawlEx" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/CosmeticConfig" disc="/BrawlEx/CosmeticConfig" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/CSSSlotConfig" disc="/BrawlEx/CSSSlotConfig" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/FighterConfig" disc="/BrawlEx/FighterConfig" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/SlotConfig" disc="/BrawlEx/SlotConfig" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina" disc="/fighter/Lucina" create="true" />
   <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto" disc="/fighter/Naruto" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/CSSRoster.dat" disc="/BrawlEx/CSSRoster.dat" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" disc="/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/SlotConfig/Slot3F.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/SlotConfig/Slot40.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/FighterConfig/Fighter3F.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/FighterConfig/Fighter40.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CSSSSlotConfig/CSSSlot40.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CSSSSlotConfig/CSSSlot3F.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CSSSSlotConfig/CSSSlot40.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CosmeticCOnfig/Cosmetic3F.dat" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CosmeticCOnfig/Cosmetic40" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto" recursive="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX/CSSRoster.dat" recursive="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEX" disc="/" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module" disc="/module/" create="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter" disc="/fighter/" create="true" />
   <folder external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system" disc="/system/" create="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/ft_naruto.rel" disc="/" create="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/ft_lucina" disc="/" create="true" />
   <file external="private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/bx_fighter" disc="/" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina.pac" disc="/fighter/Fit*****.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitLucinaEntry.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucinaEntry.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucinaResult.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucinaResult.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitLucinaFinal.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucinaFinal.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitLucinaSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucinaSpy.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucinaSpy.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucinaSpy.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina00.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina00.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina00.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina00.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina01.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina01.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina01.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina01.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina02.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina02.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina02.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina02.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina03.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina03.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina03.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina03.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina04.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina04.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitLucina04.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina04.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina05.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina05.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina05.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina05.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina06.pac" disc="/fighter/FitLucina06.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Lucina/FitLucina06.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitLucina06.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitLucinaMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/Fit*****MotionEtc.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNarutoEntry.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoEntry.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNarutoResult.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoResult.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitNarutoFinal.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoFinal.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNarutoSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoSpy.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNarutoSpy.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoSpy.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto00.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto00.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto00.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto00.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto01.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto01.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto01.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto01.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto02.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto02.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto02.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto02.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto03.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto03.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto03.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto03.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto04.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto04.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitNaruto04.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto04.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto05.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto05.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto05.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto05.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto06.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto06.pac" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Naruto/FitNaruto06.pcs" disc="/fighter/FitNaruto06.pcs" create="true" />
   <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/FitNarutoMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/FitNarutoMotionEtc.pac" create="true" />
 </patch>
</wiidisc>


I think i'll just give up with using BrawlEx with riivo, and since its my only way of using Brawl Hacks(Until Gecko is recompiled, since i don't know how to do it myself), i have to give up on BrawlEx completely for now.

You should put that in the "code" tag.
like this
It'll scroll.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: br3compactor on March 09, 2014, 12:52:00 AM
Actually, you're mistaken... The CSS Organizer modifies the bone animations within the sc_selcharacter PAC file, allowing for a custom positioning of the icons, and that's why I've been wondering that...
CSS Organizer gave me a negative index error when i tried opening my sc_selcharacter, if that's of any use.
Something remixed this way comes...

Quote from: 24tee on March 09, 2014, 04:04:18 AM
I think i'll just give up with using BrawlEx with riivo, and since its my only way of using Brawl Hacks(Until Gecko is recompiled, since i don't know how to do it myself), i have to give up on BrawlEx completely for now.

C'mon man. Gecko OS is the easiest hack loader to use.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 09, 2014, 04:54:06 AM
C'mon man. Gecko OS is the easiest hack loader to use.

I know but i have those new wiimotes(Not compatible with Gecko) and my friend won't let me borrow his wiimote. I also have the new wii so no gamecube ports.

My first time using BrawlEx and when I got to the CSS, there were no icons. Can someone help?