The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: buda81 on March 10, 2014, 11:41:51 PM
Thanks, but it didn't work. it actually made it worst. It froze on the menu before the character selection screen.
if it freezes when you pass over them either your not using all those files nebulon has on its root of the sd card or you hook isnt the right one
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 10, 2014, 11:56:07 PM
if it freezes when you pass over them either your not using all those files nebulon has on its root of the sd card or you hook isnt the right one

What's the correct hook? I have it set to anexframe.

Quote from: buda81 on March 11, 2014, 12:07:11 AM
What's the correct hook? I have it set to anexframe.
that is the hook but freezing when you over them means something is wrong

imo just make sure you have every file that is on nebulon pack becuase it works expecialy those read files like gameconfig and such
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm back again. I downloaded Nebulon's pack since I can't do it later and there still isn't any change. Everytime I go on Brawl, everything is exactly the same. And I know it's reading the SD card. Is it because I'm doing it on the Wii U or is there a way to make it start up?

March 11, 2014, 12:28:27 AM #3889 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:29:23 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 11, 2014, 12:17:40 AM
I'm back again. I downloaded Nebulon's pack since I can't do it later and there still isn't any change. Everytime I go on Brawl, everything is exactly the same. And I know it's reading the SD card. Is it because I'm doing it on the Wii U or is there a way to make it start up?
how do you know its reading the sd card
is the camera code working
or what is working hackwise?
also is the cssconfig.dat in the brawel folder on standalone?

i bet he is using an sd card over 2 gb
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 11, 2014, 12:28:27 AM
how do you know its reading the sd card
is the camera code working
or what is working hackwise?
also is the cssconfig.dat in the brawel folder on standalone?
Well, I went into to pictures and clicked on the SD card's pictures and there were about 20 pictures of gameplay I've never seen that weren't there before. I could check my card again for the cssconfig.dat but I think it's there.
Quote from: Carnage on March 11, 2014, 12:35:54 AM
i bet he is using an sd card over 2 gb
Not sure if you meant me, but my card is 2gb and made for the Wii.

Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 11, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Well, I went into to pictures and clicked on the SD card's pictures and there were about 20 pictures of gameplay I've never seen that weren't there before. I could check my card again for the cssconfig.dat but I think it's there.Not sure if you meant me, but my card is 2gb and made for the Wii.
if your css doesnt appear to be diferent then your brawlex code isnt working try to load a texture on a char like mario and see if it loads.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I found my issue, I couldn't figure out why it was working on dolphin and not my Wii. so I reinstalled my IOS and now it works. Thanks everyone for your help.

Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 11, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Well, I went into to pictures and clicked on the SD card's pictures and there were about 20 pictures of gameplay I've never seen that weren't there before. I could check my card again for the cssconfig.dat but I think it's there.Not sure if you meant me, but my card is 2gb and made for the Wii.
You should download the DropBox entirety as a Zip and then unzip that into the base of your SD card. Make sure no other files are on it. Go to the homebrew channel and launch the game

Quote from: Pikezer1337 on March 11, 2014, 01:01:03 AM
You should download the DropBox entirety as a Zip and then unzip that into the base of your SD card. Make sure no other files are on it. Go to the homebrew channel and launch the game
I don't have homebrew since 'm doing this on my Wii U, I know there is a way to put homebrew on wii u but I didn't want to risk damaging it.
Quote from: Carnage on March 11, 2014, 12:48:53 AM
if your css doesnt appear to be diferent then your brawlex code isnt working try to load a texture on a char like mario and see if it loads.
I tried what you said and the texture didn't show up, what does that mean?

So it turns out that adding info.pac into the info2 folder is making my game crash after "Now loading..." Without the, the CSS Roster textures load fine, but when I load a stage. The game crashes. I know it's not missing files in the fighter folder, because I played with my clone without custom BP's and CSS stuff. Can anyone help? :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 11, 2014, 01:06:14 AM
I don't have homebrew since 'm doing this on my Wii U, I know there is a way to put homebrew on wii u but I didn't want to risk damaging it.I tried what you said and the texture didn't show up, what does that mean?
it means that brawlex code is not being readed and i dont know if you can even use this on a hackless wii you need to use gecko or usbloader gx or anything with ocarina to load the codes
i use my wiiu and i run the game trough usbloader gx, the wii part of the wiiu is just a wii so you can easily find videos to hack your wiiu easily i know i did it, srs i cant confirm this works without homebrew at all since gecko or ocarina enable programes are needed.

Quote from: Xero874 on March 11, 2014, 01:09:31 AM
So it turns out that adding info.pac into the info2 folder is making my game crash after "Now loading..." Without the, the CSS Roster textures load fine, but when I load a stage. The game crashes. I know it's not missing files in the fighter folder, because I played with my clone without custom BP's and CSS stuff. Can anyone help? :\
get the info.pac on nebulon pack and use it, it makes every brawlex char use crazy hand as the bpname
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 11, 2014, 01:11:20 AM
it means that brawlex code is not being readed and i dont know if you can even use this on a hackless wii you need to use gecko or usbloader gx or anything with ocarina to load the codes
i use my wiiu and i run the game trough usbloader gx, the wii part of the wiiu is just a wii so you can easily find videos to hack your wiiu easily i know i did it, srs i cant confirm this works without homebrew at all since gecko or ocarina enable programes are needed.
get the info.pac on nebulon pack and use it, it makes every brawlex char use crazy hand as the bpname

It'll work with the hackless version. I wrote a tutorial for one of my friends to get it running hacklessly near the beginning of the thread.

As for info.pac, it's not actually required at all. It'll just show Crazy Hand if one isn't included and it won't show the franchise marks (it'll have a Smash Ball instead, I believe.)

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nebulons pack does not have a info.pac, but it does have a info.bres which I replaced with mine. It got passed "Now Loading..." But then it crashes when selected a stage.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04