The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


What it is that I 'm to make possible Having Mario with his tornado spin, Dr. Mario, Sunshine Mario with original moveset, Link with a twilight princess moveset, Skyward Link with his moveset, Oot Link with original moveset, ect without taking up a clone's slot on the css.

Okay, guys. I forgot to mention I fixed my freezing Results screen with edited CSPs. On the Brres file in common\char_bust_tex I had the compression to LZ77. I changed it to None and it worked, everything did.

So yeah, if you have a freezing results screen, that's probably why. Now, I'm on my way to making more Clones since I know how to give them CSPs correctly aha.

Also, I think the Stock icons are in SC_SelMap.pac
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey MachWindEX, what was that code for exactly?

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 17, 2014, 11:08:31 PM
Okay, guys. I forgot to mention I fixed my freezing Results screen with edited CSPs. On the Brres file in common\char_bust_tex I had the compression to LZ77. I changed it to None and it worked, everything did.

So yeah, if you have a freezing results screen, that's probably why. Now, I'm on my way to making more Clones since I know how to give them CSPs correctly aha.

Also, I think the Stock icons are in SC_SelMap.pac

i had a freezing issue with an icon on the css being the "random" icon instead of the custom one i put in and the crash happened when i scrolled over it... could this LZ77 compression method be the problem with that too?.. if so, should i just change them ALL to "none"?
I'M JUST A DOOD

Quote from: justadood on March 17, 2014, 11:36:40 PM
i had a freezing issue with an icon on the css being the "random" icon instead of the custom one i put in and the crash happened when i scrolled over it... could this LZ77 compression method be the problem with that too?.. if so, should i just change them ALL to "none"?

I've got that problem before. It could mean

1. You've got a "Custom CSS" code in your txt. You do not need it. Unless you aren't using the new Brawlex Expansion method, then keep it.

2. Your Fighterconfig file has an issue of some sort.

3. You don't have a Rel of your Clone.

4. Your Wii isn't updated to where it accepts SDHC Cards. Not sure if you're using one at the moment.

I just know that when I had that Random icon that didn't belong, It was my CSS code, so I took it off. I used the CSS Expansion instead. It's more easier and less code-savvy to work with. I updated my wii (safe-update, mind you) and the problem was that my SDHC wasn't recognized. :/ But it's all okay! :D
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: justadood on March 17, 2014, 11:36:40 PM
i had a freezing issue with an icon on the css being the "random" icon instead of the custom one i put in and the crash happened when i scrolled over it... could this LZ77 compression method be the problem with that too?.. if so, should i just change them ALL to "none"?

Make sure your hook is set to AXNextFrame.

Whenever I use my own BrawlEx mods or Nebulon's pack with Usb Loader GX the game keeps freezing whenever I get to the first loading screen. I don't think its my SDHC card, but could it be because my game is WBFS format? :/

March 18, 2014, 01:50:57 AM #4253 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:02:24 AM by Eternal Yoshi
So uhh.... why is it that using BrawlEx, there's like a 1 in 3 chance that Battlefield's music gets borked without question?

It seems to happen only when I use BrawlEx for whatever reason......

Maybe there's a conflict of codes somewhere?

I know how to fix it, it's just that it shouldn't be happening.

The codes I'm using with Ex, if it matters.


Unrestricted Pause Camera
File Patch c3.5.1b
Custom Default Settings
Dash Dancing
No Tripping
No Stale Moves
Hitlag Modifier
Ganondorf/C.Falcon U/D-b Fixes: [Phantom wings]
Shield During Dashdance
No AD in tumble V3
FF during tumble
Song Loader for Custom 01 - 25(For Expansion Stages)
Action mod (No water lag or footstool spikes)
Grab Jump Return [Phantom wings]
Shield Stun
RSBE 1.2 [IE, Dantarion]
CPUs Don't Ignore Other CPUs to Target Humans [Magus]
Electric Hitlag Constant:[Phantom Wings]
Hitstun
Stage Roster Expansion System 2.0 (duplicated)
Dash Cancel 3.0
Custom Stage Selection Screen(Maxed Out SSS)
Global Song Volume Mod [standardtoaster, Magus]


Edit: Oh my god. Can someone please edit that long post with the codes in a spoiler/code tag?

Quote from: DDTarZan on March 18, 2014, 01:26:04 AM
Whenever I use my own BrawlEx mods or Nebulon's pack with Usb Loader GX the game keeps freezing whenever I get to the first loading screen. I don't think its my SDHC card, but could it be because my game is WBFS format? :/
Make sure you're using the AXNextFrame hook, the SDHC expansion code, and make sure you don't have the info2 folder.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

March 18, 2014, 05:15:24 AM #4255 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:32:46 AM by justadood
i'm always set to axnex.., i have a 2gb and don't need the sdhc code, but why don't we need the info2 folder? it was included in sammi's tutorial and the instructions said to put them in the pf :P

Post Merge: March 18, 2014, 05:16:39 AM

ok look, i followed everything in sammi's tutorial to the letter, what was in there that might not be working for brawlex v1.1.5.0

Post Merge: March 18, 2014, 05:32:46 AM

just realized that even though i've only uploaded three hacks (four if you count the "kirby-gusta's update) and i'm a higher rank than some people here talking about the codes for this program XP lol, it must be from all these topics posts and stuff xD ...or seniority..?
I'M JUST A DOOD

Am I the only one that's noticed that the Dark Link costume in Nebulon's pack is pretty buggy?

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 17, 2014, 08:02:22 PM
Glad somebody explained this lol. I was gonna, but figured somebody else would. On a side note..is anybody here actually interested in custom SSE? As in 100% custom levels? (Think NSMB Wii modding) I'm just gauging interest since I'm working on mapping the adventure files.

(Incidentally I also from mapping some of these files discovered how to edit boss' movesets in PSA. Actually any enemy, but you get the point...tabuus move set file has 1,200 or more actions.....

Brawl ex related info: I haven't been working on BrawlEx stuff Because one of the projects I'm working on has a strict deadline coming up really fast. I haven't started a new module yet, but ROB will likely be the first I do. As for my tool, its updates have also been halted due to this. (But the next update will implement saving! As well as fix the last of the bugs and add support for advanced settings)
I would be interested,  I love SSE
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: MachWindEX on March 17, 2014, 10:17:34 PM
oh sry bout that
Saying sorry won't suffice. Either fix it or delete it next time. Also, does this looks like the place to ask about recognizing codes to you?

sammy just wondering did you ever fixed that bug where the CF brawlex rels freezes if the psa uses the blue falcon?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.