The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

speaking of which, while working on updating my pack, I made the battle portaits good, and made the appropriate team colorations:

it uses the same source I used for my generic victory portaits and act the same way. Place in pf, and it will fix freezing during stock matches. be sure to not override any custom battle portraits you might be using for your pack already.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202777

V. 1.00

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 18, 2014, 07:02:46 PM
The info files are for custom cosmetics, and are not needed unless thats what your trying to achieve.

I was actually, but I can work on adding all of that later. The problem is my Wii just doesn't want to load anything with BrawlEx it seems. I would love to at least get passed the freezing strap/loading screen.

March 18, 2014, 09:49:47 PM #4277 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:51:34 PM by superstarfy64
I tried a lot of things but the latest one seems the best, and this time I believe that I made a very crucial mistake as when I loaded the CSS it was normal. I'm going to list the steps in the order I did just to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

1. Copy the contents of "Core Files" from both the Clone Engine and the CSS Expansion into:

X:private/wii/app/RSBE/pf

2. Make the files that go into the "BrawlEx" folder inside of pf, or use sammi-husky's clone tool

3. Make a folder in "pf" called "Fighter"

4. Make a folder inside of fighter with the name of your clone and put the files in (ex: FitShadow00.pac or .pcs)

5. Use the BrawlEx Config Utility to open the CSSRoster.dat and add the clone to "Icons" and "Random"

6. Make a .gct files with "File Patch 3.5.1b", and SDHC Expansion. (I also added No tripping and Unrestricted Pause Camera)

7. Export the .gct to "codes" on the root of the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card in the Wii and run Gecko

9. Set the hook type to "AXNextFrame" and turn "SD Codes" to "Yes"

10. Save the config and run the game


Did I possibly miss a step or do something wrong?
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

make sure your gct is good, i mean not text , if you can open the gct with the notebook and see the codes then the gct isnt correct it must shows a bunch of symbols.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 09:56:16 PM
make sure your gct is good, i mean not text , if you can open the gct with the notebook and see the codes then the gct isnt correct it must shows a bunch of symbols.

Notebook?
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!


Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Oh, ok!
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 18, 2014, 09:57:43 PM
Notebook?
Quote from: ShinF on March 18, 2014, 10:02:14 PM
He means notepad.
yeah the default text reader on pc dont know why i said notebock lol i had something else on my mind lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 10:05:45 PM
yeah the default text reader on pc dont know why i said notebock lol i had something else on my mind lol


It does have a bunch of random symbols when I open it
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

March 18, 2014, 10:42:38 PM #4284 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:51:04 PM by Sammi Husky
Just a little note i came across while working on one of my projects. The cBliss code that re-organizes the costume offsets to go in the order of the .pacs is compatable with BrawlEx. That code + shinfs pack = perfect cBliss effect

March 18, 2014, 10:46:51 PM #4285 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:48:50 PM by superstarfy64
Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 18, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
It does have a bunch of random symbols when I open it

Maybe there is a messed up code or something? Does anyone have any clue on what is going on? Maybe the SDHC Expansion code needs extra setup besides just using Gecko with it in, but I don't know.
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

I believed someone posted about this before but once i add my 4th clone for some reason the CSS screen has all the characters names enlarged across the screen, is this a file size issue or is it something else? I made sure to correctly enlarge the TexPat sections accordingly so as to prevent freezing and the images showup fine just the text is huge.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Phantom Wings Thanks for making my greatest desire a reality! [As Soon as Custom Kirby Hats Exists I will cum in a nerdgasm] (Didn't want to buy Super Smash Bros 4 Anyways.)

Quote from: KidCraft24 on March 18, 2014, 10:52:15 PM
I believed someone posted about this before but once i add my 4th clone for some reason the CSS screen has all the characters names enlarged across the screen, is this a file size issue or is it something else? I made sure to correctly enlarge the TexPat sections accordingly so as to prevent freezing and the images showup fine just the text is huge.
Oh my god. Is it by any chance like this? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/214148458/00000000-11.png

I know exactly how to fix it if it is; you go to the animation MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0, and look at the bone rotations. For some reason, mine got set to 100 on the Z Axis when this occurred.

thanks that fixed it



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users