The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ppl i think what he wants is to make a roster for a video or such right? not actually make a playable ssbb roster?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nevermind, I found it. I think.
Quote from: Carnage on March 22, 2014, 06:10:19 PM
ppl i think what he wants is to make a roster for a video or such right? not actually make a playable ssbb roster?


I am trying to make a playable one though.

When you say that the game crashes whenever an Ex character clears an adventure mode, are you referring to SSE or all of the games solo modes?
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

March 22, 2014, 07:11:43 PM #4368 Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:25:01 PM by HaloFanODST
Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 22, 2014, 06:50:37 PM
When you say that the game crashes whenever an Ex character clears an adventure mode, are you referring to SSE or all of the games solo modes?

Probably all.
The SSE is not playable, however.

I'll try in a while.

Post Merge: March 22, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

I used a modified version of Nebulon's pack and it froze at Classic Mode because of the lack of Stock Icons.

I'm currently playing All-Star Mode.
No problems so far.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 22, 2014, 07:11:43 PM
Probably all.
The SSE is not playable, however.

I'll try in a while.

Post Merge: March 22, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

I used a modified version of Nebulon's pack and it froze at Classic Mode because of the lack of Stock Icons.

I'm currently playing All-Star Mode.
No problems so far.

Who needs the 1 player modes now adays anyways? lol

Well, I am trying to add a 3rd character to pikachu's sfx, but I am actually considering on rather using southcraft's nuckles if I can get a brawlstyled model for it instead of that one with the outline

Quote from: Kyouma on March 22, 2014, 08:26:34 PM
Who needs the 1 player modes now adays anyways? lol

Well, if we could completely modify SSE similar to NSMB wii and create completely custom stages, i think it would be fun as heck. Im in the process of decoding files for just that purpose. Also, i don't think SSE is broken with BrawlEx, but im not sure. It shouldn't though.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 22, 2014, 08:53:09 PM
Well, if we could completely modify SSE similar to NSMB wii and create completely custom stages, i think it would be fun as heck. Im in the process of decoding files for just that purpose. Also, i don't think SSE is broken with BrawlEx, but im not sure. It shouldn't though.
the diference is NSMB is made for side scrolling levels, ssbb playstile doesnt really work on side scrolling imo i only played sse once to unlock all chars and then never touched it again it felt okay as an extra mode but playing a new sse mode where we dont unlock anything just doesnt appeal to me at all since that was the reason most ppl played it.

and i think PW said that brawlex shouldnt work on single player like sse, becuase they lack the rest of single players info or something.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 22, 2014, 08:53:09 PM
Well, if we could completely modify SSE similar to NSMB wii and create completely custom stages, i think it would be fun as heck. Im in the process of decoding files for just that purpose. Also, i don't think SSE is broken with BrawlEx, but im not sure. It shouldn't though.
that's a great idea, and sse works the same with brawlex for me
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: Kyouma on March 22, 2014, 08:26:34 PM
Who needs the 1 player modes now adays anyways? lol

1 player modes are cool to play.
The game is not just for Multiplayer.

Ok, the only issue found in All-Star mode using BrawlEx, is the lack of trophy for the clone.
Yes, it freezes right there, when a trophy is supposed to show up.

Now I'm going to test Boss Battles and Event Match.
IDK if Homerun Contest works, but if it does, then the distance you get will either corrupt the save file, or go to the specific character:

For example: Shadow makes a distance or a "New Record", but since he is a Sonic clone, it will go to Sonic.
Same with Sephiroth, it will go to Marth.

However, I won't try that.
Same for Multi-Man Brawl.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 22, 2014, 09:23:17 PM
1 player modes are cool to play.
The game is not just for Multiplayer.

Ok, the only issue found in All-Star mode using BrawlEx, is the lack of trophy for the clone.
Yes, it freezes right there, when a trophy is supposed to show up.

Now I'm going to test Boss Battles and Event Match.
IDK if Homerun Contest works, but if it does, then the distance you get will either corrupt the save file, or go to the specific character:

For example: Shadow makes a distance or a "New Record", but since he is a Sonic clone, it will go to Sonic.
Same with Sephiroth, it will go to Marth.

However, I won't try that.
Same for Multi-Man Brawl.

Agreed, sometimes I like blowing through classic for the heck of it. :D Anyway, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. So any mode that gives you a trophy (classic, all-star, etc.) results in a crash (beep of fail?)
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

March 22, 2014, 10:22:34 PM #4375 Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:26:29 PM by ShinF
I've played Boss Battles and Homerun Contest with clones before. They work fine, and so does Mult-Man Brawl. The game doesn't seem to record their records when it comes to Clones, it just shows up as blank in the place where it shows them.

Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 22, 2014, 09:43:13 PM
Agreed, sometimes I like blowing through classic for the heck of it. :D Anyway, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. So any mode that gives you a trophy (classic, all-star, etc.) results in a crash (beep of fail?)

Could we make it so they all give Mario trophies? That's what Project M did. Or is it possible to customize what trophies we can get?

SSE would be fun if we could create new levels. Just imagine all the creative obstacles people could come up with! And what if we could modify enemies? Pretty fun.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on March 22, 2014, 10:22:34 PM
I've played Boss Battles and Homerun Contest with clones before. They work fine

That's good to know. Now I don't have to worry about my save data getting jacked up.

Quote from: ShinF on March 22, 2014, 10:22:34 PM
Could we make it so they all give Mario trophies? That's what Project M did.

I like your thinking. But PW probably thought about that too after playing Project M, so it probably won't be as easy as it sounds.

Quote from: ShinF on March 22, 2014, 10:22:34 PM
SSE would be fun if we could create new levels. Just imagine all the creative obstacles people could come up with! And what if we could modify enemies? Pretty fun.

Again, that's probably been tried and failed already if it were that easy, lol. But regardless, that would be cool. Or maybe it could be replaced by something like Melee's adventure mode.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

March 22, 2014, 10:41:10 PM #4377 Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:43:45 PM by ShinF
Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 22, 2014, 10:37:53 PM
That's good to know. Now I don't have to worry about my save data getting jacked up.

I'd say you should probably keep at least one backup anyways. Never hurts in case there's some unforeseen problem with something, and if you have one you don't need to worry about it.

Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 22, 2014, 10:37:53 PMI like your thinking. But PW probably thought about that too after playing Project M, so it probably won't be as easy as it sounds.

I think he didn't really pay much attention to single-player modes. HRC crashed with the first version of BrawlEx, even. Anyways, I'm sure there's a way to make a code for it. (Not that I'd know how :P )

Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 22, 2014, 10:37:53 PM
Again, that's probably been tried and failed already if it were that easy, lol. But regardless, that would be cool. Or maybe it could be replaced by something like Melee's adventure mode.

Sammi said he's working on doing them already :P Not the enemies, that's just wishful thinking, but the stages.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

i want to use the css expansion, but i don't really see any instructions... i saw something about editing the code to increase the number of characters on the css, but i seriously don't know how to do it :(
I'M JUST A DOOD

Quote from: justadood on March 22, 2014, 10:45:41 PM
i want to use the css expansion, but i don't really see any instructions... i saw something about editing the code to increase the number of characters on the css, but i seriously don't know how to do it :(
why dont you jsut download a full pack and use their codes and everything , this would help you understand how to set up yourself after
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.