Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848053 times)
pinipigbomb
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4380 on: March 22, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »

One final thing; it's stated that the mod is incompatible with codes that modify constants, internal fighter data or cosmetic data. Does that go for ALL characters including the originals or just the clones?

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

justadood
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4381 on: March 22, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »

why dont you jsut download a full pack and use their codes and everything , this would help you understand how to set up yourself after
well actually, i'm using the brawl minus codes and hacks as a base.. besides, it would be a lot easier to just show in the op where you change the code to change the amount of characters on the css Tongue you know, instead of having to repost a "working version" for each time someone wants a version that works with project M, or brawl minus, or vBrawl, or whatever :/

I'M JUST A DOOD

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4382 on: March 22, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »

One final thing; it's stated that the mod is incompatible with codes that modify constants, internal fighter data or cosmetic data. Does that go for ALL characters including the originals or just the clones?
    All characters.
    You can just edit the fighter configs to achieve the same thing anyway.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4383 on: March 22, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »

well actually, i'm using the brawl minus codes and hacks as a base.. besides, it would be a lot easier to just show in the op where you change the code to change the amount of characters on the css Tongue you know, instead of having to repost a "working version" for each time someone wants a version that works with project M, or brawl minus, or vBrawl, or whatever :/
    there is a tutorial on the op for brawl- srs  its a video it cant be showed more its right there on the butto.

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4384 on: March 22, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »

I got a smash league at my school to test out my pack, they LOVED brawlEX and acted as my beta testers. we found out a few things:

the old Knuckles does indeed crash on downsmash, possibly depends on whether it connects or not- ill have to swap to the new one.

megaman x and zero froze the game for some reasons.

possibly the new megaman over lucas freezes the game on airgrab(aka the snake)

and of course some grayfox/pichu victory animations freeze the game (pichus can be fixed by using the model import, and pikachu's default motion.pac

with these characters avoided, there were no freezes

V. 1.00

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »

The css expansion doesn't use any codes at all. no css code, nothing. in fact, it won't work if you try to use any CSS related codes. i have a video tutorial that covers the expansion on my channel, i don't think its in the OP though so here:

<a href="http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M</a>

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4386 on: March 22, 2014, 05:41:58 PM »

I got a smash league at my school to test out my pack, they LOVED brawlEX and acted as my beta testers. we found out a few things:

the old Knuckles does indeed crash on downsmash, possibly depends on whether it connects or not- ill have to swap to the new one.

megaman x and zero froze the game for some reasons.

possibly the new megaman over lucas freezes the game on airgrab(aka the snake)

and of course some grayfox/pichu victory animations freeze the game (pichus can be fixed by using the model import, and pikachu's default motion.pac

with these characters avoided, there were no freezes

For the megaman over lucas issue, can't you just go into the fighter config for him and disable Zair to fix that?

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4387 on: March 22, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

For the megaman over lucas issue, can't you just go into the fighter config for him and disable Zair to fix that?

It's not supposed to even use any Lucas files except his module :/

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4388 on: March 22, 2014, 05:58:50 PM »

It's not supposed to even use any Lucas files except his module :/

Well if it uses a brawlEx slot it still uses the config files anyway, otherwise you could just use a code to disable that for lucas altogether.

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4389 on: March 22, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

Is it okay to use this with stage modules?

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4390 on: March 22, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »

Is it okay to use this with stage modules?
    brawlex is only for character modules it doesnt touch stage models at all

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4391 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:18 PM »

Well if it uses a brawlEx slot it still uses the config files anyway, otherwise you could just use a code to disable that for lucas altogether.

Yeah, but he's a Ness PSA. He should be using Ness' Config files, so CanZAir should already be set to False. If you're using the Ness files, it's not even an issue. There is literally no reason to touch Lucas at all except to use his ExModule. The only reason a Lucas module is even used is because there isn't a Ness ExModule yet.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4392 on: March 22, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »

Are the no entry and/or result data codes required for certain characters/PSAs?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4393 on: March 22, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Are the no entry and/or result data codes required for certain characters/PSAs?

Set them to False or None in the Fighter Config instead of using codes.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4394 on: March 22, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »

SSE would be fun if we could create new levels. Just imagine all the creative obstacles people could come up with! And what if we could modify enemies? Pretty fun.

I've actually looked alot into the enemies, i actually have a way to open enemies movesets in PSA. it's not too hard. i think i posted it in the SSE colab thread. for example, tabuu's moveset can be opened in PSA. it's just not much use since alot of the commands he uses are still unknown.

SSE would be fun if we could create new levels. Just imagine all the creative obstacles people could come up with! And what if we could modify enemies? Pretty fun.

I'm about halfway through enemy spawning. i can make specific enemies spawn at specific places and times in SSE now. (but it seems the AI calls are tied to the type as well, otherwise boomerang prims set to sword prims will still use the sword with boomerang anims and properties).

I have a thread specifically for researching files. I don't wanna get off topic here, so if anyone has any questions or is handy with a hex editor and thinks they are up for it, you can head over there Tongue

Could we make it so they all give Mario trophies? That's what Project M did. Or is it possible to customize what trophies we can get?

I think it's dictated in the Module files but im not sure. i mean, that's really something PW would have to work on. it'll probably be fixed when he releases v2 Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: