Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846855 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4410 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »

The custom cosmetics aren't absolutely necessary to have the engine work, however, if you choose to have custom cosmetics for the clones, it's quite a lengthy process. hence why my video tutorial was close to 25 mins long. The model data i was messing with was actually the texture animations. it controls what pictures are shown where on a model. These steps are necessary to add new CSP's, franchise icons, and CSS icons.

the only way to accomplish that now is to either open the 3d model for the CSS (MenSelchr_pos) and load the animation for it (MenSelchr_pos_topN) and go to the frame of how many characters you have on the CSS. T

what do u mean
    u mean we have to edit it and type in how many we need?

Guys heres 30 project m codes u might want to use sometime
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/smga8khtumoag0h/Project+M+Codes.txt
    Thank Sirkura for 21 of those codes

what does project m have to do with BRawlEX
    lol
    they use their own clone enging
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:00:04 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4411 on: March 23, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »

The custom cosmetics aren't absolutely necessary to have the engine work, however, if you choose to have custom cosmetics for the clones, it's quite a lengthy process. hence why my video tutorial was close to 25 mins long. The model data i was messing with was actually the texture animations. it controls what pictures are shown where on a model. These steps are necessary to add new CSP's, franchise icons, and CSS icons.

Yeah, it took me an hour to get everything in place. But about your clone engine tool, I keep getting some kind of unprecedented handling error. Any idea as to what that's about?

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4412 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »

ik they use their own clone engine . trying to find the gameplay codes so the gameplay's like project melee

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4413 on: March 23, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »

Why. Does. Everything. Need. To. Be. Involved. With. Project M.

If you love it so much, go play it. Let vBrawl be vBrawl.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4414 on: March 23, 2014, 12:12:18 PM »

Why. Does. Everything. Need. To. Be. Involved. With. Project M.

If you love it so much, go play it. Let vBrawl be vBrawl.

This.

And just a question, I'd follow Sammi's tut for the cosmetic stuff if I want to give the clones CSPs and BPs, correct?

What if I chose not to. Will I just get the cloned characters CSPs, BPs, etc?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4415 on: March 23, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

And just a question, I'd follow Sammi's tut for the cosmetic stuff if I want to give the clones CSPs and BPs, correct?
    Yes, but keep in mind if you change one thing, you have to change ALL of the Cosmetic data mentioned in Sammi's tut or else you'll get the beep of fail. This is because you're essentially creating a new character in the game. And yes, the clone will have the original character's cosmetic data. So if you make a clone of Marth,  it will appear as if there are two Marth's on screen.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:30:41 PM by pinipigbomb » Logged

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #4416 on: March 23, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

Adding all those cosmetics is so damn easy. Just takes practice to learn about it. Right now, I have 14 clones, all with CSP's, battle names, CSS icons, etc. I'm pushing the file size really close right now with an "ExtendedLZ77" compressed sc_selcharacter. Would reducing the dimensions of the CSP's help free up space?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4417 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »

Adding all those cosmetics is so damn easy. Just takes practice to learn about it. Right now, I have 14 clones, all with CSP's, battle names, CSS icons, etc. I'm pushing the file size really close right now with an "ExtendedLZ77" compressed sc_selcharacter. Would reducing the dimensions of the CSP's help free up space?

Reducing the size frees up a lot of space, actually, if you do enough of them. I've got 19 Clones, and almost all my characters (every default + like half my clones) have cBliss and I've still got room because I took the size of each portrait down to 100 x 125.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4418 on: March 23, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »

I'd hate to do a reposting, but I keep getting an unprecedented handling error whenever I try to open my pf folder in Sammi's Clone Engine Tool.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4419 on: March 23, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

I'd hate to do a reposting, but I keep getting an unprecedented handling error whenever I try to open my pf folder in Sammi's Clone Engine Tool.

I intend to fix these errors, I've just been busy as of late with Minus backroom stuff. The errors I'm talking about can be either not having CSSRoster.DAT on the sdcard, having BOTH common and sc_selcharacter.PAC, or having the sc_selcharacter in either places be compressed to extended lz77. The sc_selcharacter has to be lz77.

Hopefully I'll fix those bugs today if I have time so people won't NEED cssroster.dat

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #4420 on: March 23, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »

Reducing the size frees up a lot of space, actually, if you do enough of them. I've got 19 Clones, and almost all my characters (every default + like half my clones) have cBliss and I've still got room because I took the size of each portrait down to 100 x 125.
    Yea. I reduced the portraits of my clones to those dimension. Saved ~200kb Cheesy

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4421 on: March 23, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Adding all those cosmetics is so damn easy. Just takes practice to learn about it.

I'm more concerned with the amount of time it takes. I'll post later if I need any more help.

And Sammi, your tuts are life savers. I appreciate all the work you've put into your tool and the tuts.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4422 on: March 23, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »

I intend to fix these errors, I've just been busy as of late with Minus backroom stuff. The errors I'm talking about can be either not having CSSRoster.DAT on the sdcard, having BOTH common and sc_selcharacter.PAC, or having the sc_selcharacter in either places be compressed to extended lz77. The sc_selcharacter has to be lz77.

Hopefully I'll fix those bugs today if I have time so people won't NEED cssroster.dat
    I just ran through my SD card, and I'm still getting the error. I noticed that you have two versions of the Clone Tool (One of which is labeled XP). What's the difference between the two?

Post Merge: March 23, 2014, 01:07:12 PM
    MasterMelee-somethin-or-another posted links to generic battle portraits and results portraits a few pages back. It can save quite a bit of time.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:07:12 PM by pinipigbomb » Logged

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4423 on: March 23, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »

MasterMelee-somethin-or-another posted links to generic battle portraits and results portraits a few pages back. It can save quite a bit of time.

I know, but I want my clones to be legit :V

O snap

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4424 on: March 23, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »

I know, but I want my clones to be legit :V

Use the generic portraits and replace them with libertyernie's Costume Manager.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Pages:  1 ... 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: