The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShinF on March 25, 2014, 03:53:23 AM
The Nagagogs have quite a few as well, but the problem with enemy sfx is that they're all so short.

We can try to make some of them shorter and others longer.
I believe they did something like that in Project M for Mewtwo and Roy.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I have a question and I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried searching but I didn't find the answer.

So I got the clone engine working very well. But my question, is there anyway to organize the CSS? I tried the CSS organizer but it didn't work.

YOu need the CSS expansion tool, to arrange the icons as you want

This is off topic but jrush64 are you going to update your roxas dual wielded his up special teleports him to suicide hope you can fix it soon.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 25, 2014, 04:20:15 AM
We can try to make some of them shorter and others longer.
I believe they did something like that in Project M for Mewtwo and Roy.

While you can make some sounds longer, keep in mind not to exceed memory limits. I don't know which memory bank the SFX bank is loaded in however, so try not to exceed 20KB more than the original size.

March 25, 2014, 05:03:50 AM #4475 Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:13:15 AM by jrush64
Quote from: Kyouma on March 25, 2014, 04:34:26 AM
YOu need the CSS expansion tool, to arrange the icons as you want

Is it this? BX CSS Expansion v1.0.2.0, I know I  use the brawlex config utility to edit the cssroster.dat

Is it possible to arrange icons in the CSS?


Quote from: KingImpris on March 25, 2014, 04:54:51 AM
This is off topic but jrush64 are you going to update your roxas dual wielded his up special teleports him to suicide hope you can fix it soon.

It probably wont be a difficult thing to fix. I might open my old topic to fix all issues with my PSA's.... Probably when holiday starts on Friday.

Quote from: jrush64 on March 25, 2014, 05:03:50 AM
Is it this? BX CSS Expansion v1.0.2.0, I know I  use the brawlex config utility to edit the cssroster.dat

Is it possible to arrange icons in the CSS?
You actually arrange them when you add them, just replace the values in order, for example:
if you want Luigi next to Mario then type on the list
00
09
since 00 is Mario's ID and 09 is Luigi's
---
anywho, Ive seen you guys has been trying to get the gunslinger samus PSA as a clone, has there been any sucessful progress?
and I also saw there was a talk about clonning captain, can someone share the .rel?

Quote from: Kyouma on March 25, 2014, 05:12:33 AM
You actually arrange them when you add them, just replace the values in order, for example:
if you want Luigi next to Mario then type on the list
00
09
since 00 is Mario's ID and 09 is Luigi's
---
anywho, Ive seen you guys has been trying to get the gunslinger samus PSA as a clone, has there been any sucessful progress?
and I also saw there was a talk about clonning captain, can someone share the .rel?

Alright thanks I get that. But what about the position of the icons? like with the CSS organizer. I have 2 icons on the last row to the right, can I move them to the middle of the screen?

just wanted to say you have amazing hacks.
8)

Quote from: jrush64 on March 25, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Alright thanks I get that. But what about the position of the icons? like with the CSS organizer. I have 2 icons on the last row to the right, can I move them to the middle of the screen?
I dont really know about that.. what I do is putting a blank slot with a transparent CSS icon so I can put it several times until the actual character list is in themiddle lol

Quote from: Kyouma on March 25, 2014, 05:17:43 AM
I dont really know about that.. what I do is putting a blank slot with a transparent CSS icon so I can put it several times until the actual character list is in themiddle lol

Lol. Alright, i guess thats a way to do it... Thank you very much.

Quote from: KingImpris on March 25, 2014, 05:15:46 AM
just wanted to say you have amazing hacks.
8)

Thanks alot.


Quote from: jrush64 on March 25, 2014, 05:24:58 AM


I know you're done with Brawl hacking, but I need to know, how did you change the SFX IDs?

I know that you can do that with PSA, but there are many sounds I can't change there such as:

Final Smash
Some Smashes
Death sounds
etc...

I need to know since I'm going to make a Master Chief SFX pack with BrawlEx.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

March 25, 2014, 05:32:47 AM #4483 Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:45:02 AM by KingImpris
Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 25, 2014, 05:30:04 AM
I know you're done with Brawl hacking, but I need to know, how did you change the SFX IDs?

I know that you can do that with PSA, but there are many sounds I can't change there such as:

Final Smash
Some Smashes
Death sounds
etc...

I need to know since I'm going to make a Master Chief SFX pack with BrawlEx.

You could try unused sound effects from snake or whoever its replaces it

Post Merge: March 25, 2014, 05:45:02 AM

So i was messing around with brawlex i tried 3E It reads the css and icon but it freezes when starting round but it reads it

Quote from: KingImpris on March 25, 2014, 05:32:47 AM
You could try unused sound effects from snake or whoever its replaces it

You can't change the SFX IDs of Smashes, Final Smashes and Death sounds in PSA.
I was asking how to change those.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.