The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AM #4515 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:06:40 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on March 26, 2014, 12:27:25 AM
I don't think anyone really knows how PW works.
He just appears out of nowhere and posts something awesome then disappears for a while. XD
lol
kinda like a phantom?


on a side note
he may be working on "SFXconfig.dat" :vyse:

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AM
lol
kinda like a phantom?

Yeah, he's like a phantom.
...
With wings. Weird huh?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

March 26, 2014, 01:14:32 AM #4517 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:22:53 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AM
lol
kinda like a phantom?
A phantom with wings to swoop in then quickly fly away ;)

Dang, got Ninja'd on that one! XD Lol

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AMon a side note
he may be working on "SFXconfig.dat" :vyse:

Really? Now, that is interesting...

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AM
on a side note
he may be working on "SFXconfig.dat" :vyse:
That would be SERIOUSLY needed for me.
Along with a cosmeticconfig.dat but hey :P

I've had problems loading Stock Icons, Battle Portrait Names (the names only, the pictures show up), and Result Screen Photos. Can anyone run me through on how to give a clone these?
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: superluigi220 on March 26, 2014, 12:50:42 AM
my wiiu crashes when i get to the stage selection screen after i try choosing a character
Hackless or hack? I tried making a hackless version and it crashed on the stage selection screen (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

March 26, 2014, 01:42:38 AM #4521 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:46:22 AM by RebelliousTreecko
I've lurked around the Brawl hacking scene for years and checked out tutorials and tried various things, but never really accomplished anything.  

I wanted to learn stuff by myself without asking for help and nagging you guys a lot, but I'm finally admitting defeat.

PhantomWings finally went and done it with the clone engine, so that also resparked my interest in Brawl hacking recently.  Congrats you guys.  Must've been frustrating with all the coding and such. ;)

One step closer to Mugen 2.0.
[/s]
Anyway:   (should these pics go in spoiler tags?)

Kay, so I made three clones in addition to the ones already there in Nebulon's pack and used the BrawlEx config utility on CSSRoster.dat to increase the number of slots to 100 and move Tabuu and random to the end.

Shulk (slot 63 - Ike clone) works fine.  

However, Grovyle (slot 64 and a placeholder slot for a hack I want to create someday), and a Mario clone (slot 65 - that the P1 cursor in the pic is on) don't work right.

"Grovyle" is a Marth clone, but has Lyn's CSS icon instead of Marth's, oddly enough.  And it crashes when selected.

The Mario clone makes the game hang for a second when selected, but works fine afterward.  However, it crashes the game when starting a match with it.


On CSSRoster.dat, "Grovyle" and the Mario clone don't have a name and won't let me put in one, where Shulk works fine and has Fighter63Ex after it.

Any tips on fixing these corrupted characters?  None of the solutions on the first thread post helped.  My config files and .rels seem to be set up fine.

Why did adding one clone turn out successful, while other clones didn't?
Does it have to do with the clones themselves, or the edits I made to CSSRoster.dat?

And another thing, Lyn and Marth crash the game in matches when using certain moves.  Haven't checked any other characters.

I'm using Dolphin for these hacks.


Only 3F-63 (Excluding 58) work.
64 and up don't work at all.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Or he could be working on a solution for characters like Mario and Dr. Mario to share the same slot yet with different psas but that's just me hoping for something that won't happen

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 24, 2014, 09:02:45 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I tried redownloading the tool (due to it always crashing because of both common5 and selcharacter) and it still crashed when I attempted to open the PF folder. I also see that in your most recent hacks it still says that it's version 0.7. Is it possible you just forgot to update it in the links?

March 26, 2014, 01:50:44 AM #4525 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:52:57 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
at new guy:
ur probably missing esential files like fitfinal.pac etc.
u need the default ones if the psas dont have em
u cand find all brawl files in the resources page
as for not being able to edit the css roster probably u have too many programs open

also i recommend using the selcharacer pac provided in the brawlex package
using a custom one can only be done once u perfect the process

also like someone said 63 and up dont work
so fix that before anything

March 26, 2014, 01:58:58 AM #4526 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:59:59 AM by SilverBaretta
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 26, 2014, 01:05:17 AM
lol
kinda like a phantom?


on a side note
he may be working on "SFXconfig.dat" :vyse:
That could be extremely handy, looking forward to it.. It sure would be nice to be able to handle everything with only config files.
Something remixed this way comes...

Quote from: Xinc on March 26, 2014, 01:38:38 AM
Hackless or hack? I tried making a hackless version and it crashed on the stage selection screen (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)
So it has to be hacked?

I believe you can use any other hackless loading method, since i believe, those just load a set of gecko codes.

anyways, i'm really close to another release, but i need a little assistance. as you can tell, i ended up accidentally having the wrong name attributed to mario and dk in the character selection

well i added alloys and they're having a similar problem. take a look at this:
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo10/meleemaster500/roster2.png

the last 4 icons should be alloys and mario and dk have title problems (the other random icons are purposefully there as glitched and hence disabled characters.)

the actual graphics are correctly named and imported, but i think the associations are missing or incorrect in mario's case. under which section in the character selection file do i need to associate?

V. 1.00

Quote from: Xinc on March 26, 2014, 01:38:38 AM
Hackless or hack? I tried making a hackless version and it crashed on the stage selection screen (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

You need to disable custom stages if you use the hackless method.