Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847805 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4890 on: April 11, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »

Hey Nebulon, does your pack have Stock Icons for characters?

You know, to be able to play Classic Mode.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4891 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »

Guys I can't get classic mode to work Sad is it possible

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4892 on: April 11, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »

If your using the CSS expansion, the only code you will need is the File Patch code 3.5.1b included in the readme file for BrawlEx. The gct isn't case sensitive. Make sure your gecko settings are set to AxNextFrame

So, for a fact I can rule out the ISO and Dolphin, the more variable I rule out the better, the game seems to lock up at the boot screen where it shows the strap warning, is there a way to bypass that? Both the file pack that was sent for me to test in PM and the one I made from the tutorial are locking up the game, so the order of files could be the problem, I'll double check. Nevertheless, I'm way closer than I was earlier, I have hope of this working Grin

You don't skip strap loader. The option is called Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate, and it does exactly what it says.

Okay, enabled that in the settings, game still crashes after the code and SD files load, but Gecko OS does indeed act normally, so I'm really close, the folder/file hierarchy is likely messed up on my end. I think I'll make screenshots of the folders in the SD.raw file.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:37:42 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4893 on: April 11, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »

I'm using Dolphin 4.0-1351 (working on dowloading 4.02 right now) and I loaded my game via the Project M loader. My hacks load up fine, but when I go the the CSS, there are no icons o-o
    Like, the little boxes where you hover over the character and select them. They aren't there.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4894 on: April 11, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »

I'm using Dolphin 4.0-1351 (working on dowloading 4.02 right now) and I loaded my game via the Project M loader. My hacks load up fine, but when I go the the CSS, there are no icons o-o
    Like, the little boxes where you hover over the character and select them. They aren't there.

How the crap did you get your codes to load on Dolphin? I loaded up SD.raw and Gecko OS loaded the game up just fine, er rather, didn't give me a DVD error, which is good, but the game locks up right when it hits the strap screen for me.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4895 on: April 11, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »

Means CSSRoster.dat isn't being found Tongue

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4896 on: April 11, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

How the crap did you get your codes to load on Dolphin? I loaded up SD.raw and Gecko OS loaded the game up just fine, er rather, didn't give me a DVD error, which is good, but the game locks up right when it hits the strap screen for me.
    Create a virtual SD card. In Dolphin, I loaded the .elf for the Project M loader and configured it to use AXNextFrame. You also gotta make sure the Brawl ISO is set as the default image.
    Means CSSRoster.dat isn't being found Tongue
    That's strange. I have the CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx folder in my SD image...
    I'll try remaking the image.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #4897 on: April 11, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »

ImDisk Virtual Disk <4
    Best image software ever.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4898 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »

Create a virtual SD card. In Dolphin, I loaded the .elf for the Project M loader and configured it to use AXNextFrame. You also gotta make sure the Brawl ISO is set as the default image.That's strange. I have the CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx folder in my SD image...
    I'll try remaking the image.

Yep, did all that, SD.raw with all the folders (Private ->wii->app-> etc) "Insert SD card" enabled, Brawl set to default ISO, the game does look like it almost boots past the Gecko OS screen, but then immediately locks up but I only use the file patch code 3.5.1 or whatever that most reliable version of the code is. I'm getting further as before I had a "No DVD found" error, which was a PEBAKC on my part.

What I'm trying to do is make a clone of Peach to add all six slots from my recent Krystal hack over the new slot, which in hex is 3F. Why it keeps locking up at the strap/splash screen, I don't know, it's baffling.  CSSRoster.dat has been properly edited and the Peach clone has been generated in the BrawlEX folder (well, the four folders that go in there) Fighter3F.dat, etc. Brawl EX Engine cloned her slot ID just fine, but again, Dolphin locks up just as the game is about to load with the SD card Undecided

Gecko OS definitely is set to  AXNextFrame
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:55:17 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4899 on: April 11, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

Might want to try downloading a pack now that dolphin is finding the dvd, then modifying from there. you can use my tool to remove all the clones you dont want

Xero874
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4900 on: April 11, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

Ok, so. I STILL can't get BrawlEx to work on my Wii, or even the FPC it's self.
    Ok, I know something is being loaded, the Stage Expansion Code. But when I goto the second stage, it's expanded, but they're all default stages in a random order :
    The game takes longer to load, such as when I switch menus, start a match, end a match ect.
    I know my pack works cause it works on Dolphin, and yes. I've tried someone elses pack.
    I'm using a 4GB SDHC card, keep in mind I'm using the SDHC expansion, and I'm also using CFGUSB Loader.
    My hooktype is on AXNextframe, IOS 249 is being loaded and my SD card isn't locked.
    Help? D:

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 10:35:59 PM
    Wow... Can't belive I didn't try this. Just set my IOS to 250.... BOOOM IT WORKED Cheesy:D:D
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:35:59 PM by Xero874 » Logged

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
    Version 0.04

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4901 on: April 11, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »

Might want to try downloading a pack now that dolphin is finding the dvd, then modifying from there. you can use my tool to remove all the clones you dont want

The one I downloaded was a pack from Carnage, I'm not aware of any other packs with bundled folders and files? Are they located in the OP by chance? Then I use BrawlEx Clone Tool to remove the clones I don't want? What about the GCT file, just the file patch code 3.5.1 named to "rsbe01.gct". What should the hierarchy of the SD card look like?

What I have in the SD root:

SD:/codes/rsbe01.gct
    SD:/Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/Brawl EX (along with Module, Menu2, Fighter, BrawlEX, and system)?

Then in BrawlEX, there should be CosmeticConfig, CSSSlotConfig, FighterConfig, SlotConfig, and CSSRoster.dat? Within each of those four folders, lies Peach's clone for slot 3F, named by using the Clone Engine 0.75.   As for the folder "Fighter", it should contain the character I wish to clone, in this case, Peach using a folder called Krystal, so I use my recent Krystal and all her recolors, used the mass re-namer so all the files are appropriately named to FitKrystalXX, etc.

Do you have any links to packs I could download?

In summary: all I need are the necessary files to add another slot for Krystal over Peach, the file patch 3.5.1 code and anything else I need for the slot to work properly, I don't need a fancy CSS redo, I'm fine with the look of the original menu and boot/splash screen, just a no-frills way of loading another slot of a Peach clone, nothing more.  Grin

Screencaps of the folder hierarchy for SD.raw (er, rather, before I use WinImage):

I sense a poorly configured SD card/folder structure on my end.  Again, is there a link to a premade pack with all the correctly-placed folders and files, then use the BrawlEX Clone Engine 0.75 to remove all but Peach?
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:53:25 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4902 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »

Your hierarchy seems alright. Did you rename the Peach clone's FighterConfig file using the Config Utility, or did you just direct-copy the Peach template and name the file Fighter3F.dat?

If so, the problem must be something not related to the file name and hierarchy. Would you like me to make a quick Peach/Krystal slot pf folder instead? I've never had a clone fail. Then again, I am on console.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:14:12 PM by SilverBaretta » Logged

Something remixed this way comes...

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4903 on: April 11, 2014, 11:16:53 PM »

did you modify the pack in any way? i suggest leaving everything the way it was, and trying to see if it will boot. if it does, you can use my tool to remove clones.

The fact that its not booting makes me think that BrawlEx isn't setup correctly. ER WAIT! you do know that BrawlEx adds roughly 10 seconds to the startup time right? just let dolphin sit for a while when its booting up, and let me know if it eventually starts up. IF you know how, try to put it in debug mode so you can see the log.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4904 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »

Your hierarchy seems alright. Did you rename the Peach clone's FighterConfig file using the Config Utility, or did you just direct-copy the Peach template and name the file Fighter3F.dat?

If so, the problem must be something not related to the file name and hierarchy. Would you like me to make a quick Peach/Krystal slot pf folder instead? I've never had a clone fail. Then again, I am on console.

The clone engine works on Dolphin, that's definite, and I do have Fighter3F.dat and all the "3F" files in the other three folders, so there's only one clone. What do I with FitPeach, MotionPacETC, and etc files? I mean, don't you need to download my Krystal hack in order for this to work with Krystal (the most recent one as I wish to avoid the older Krystal models do to being not as well rigged)?

Yeah, I used the Config Utility, no, the program generated all the right files in the right folders.  Here are the folders in what I believe to the right placement, along with the files I wish to have be part of the clone (FitKrystal, etc as used with the Mass Renamer in the BrawlEX Clone Engine, ver 0.75). Er...I'll send the link via PM Wink

did you modify the pack in any way? i suggest leaving everything the way it was, and trying to see if it will boot. if it does, you can use my tool to remove clones.

The fact that its not booting makes me think that BrawlEx isn't setup correctly. ER WAIT! you do know that BrawlEx adds roughly 10 seconds to the startup time right? just let dolphin sit for a while when its booting up, and let me know if it eventually starts up. IF you know how, try to put it in debug mode so you can see the log.

What pack file are you talking about? You mean the one I got was from Carnage? No, I directly copied it to the SD.raw image using WinImage, then loaded the Gecko OS boot.elf in Dolphin. I briefly saw the splash screen then "WHAM!" game crashes. The problem is that I'm looking for very specific files, only for the sake of making one extra slot, and using Peach's clone to make a new slot for Krystal over Peach, the one I released last week. Either that or I'm probably too dense to figure out how this works.  Wink

I tried waiting, but the emulator screen turns white with the little spinning wait cursor and then crashes the emulator before 10 seconds.

Would you be so kind as to direct me to this pack you speak of? The one I got isn't the one you're referring to, I think.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:25:49 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: