The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 13, 2014, 03:23:21 PM #4965 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:25:58 PM by Doqtor Kirby
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 13, 2014, 08:26:25 AM
no problem
guess it worked good for you.
im wondering if we can use Bosses using this method I used for Giga bowser>.>
Likely not, as the bosses have different PSA commands than fighters. Might be able to get Warioman to work, but that's just about it.

Quote from: Segtendo on April 13, 2014, 01:56:07 PM
I have x64 as well, cuz my laptop is x64. Should I try the x86 version?
Sure you can give it a shot! Come back with results. :)


Post Merge: April 13, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 02:33:04 PM
32-bit refused to load with Gecko OS on my end, I'm stuck with 64-bit, not that mind however. At this rate, the trouble I've been going through almost makes it not worth using it on Dolphin, but I've on more attempt to try with something that was sent in my direction.

Edit: Yup, not even the SD.raw that was sent to me for testing works, now I really need someone to test mine to see what exactly the cause is, so we know it's not the SD.raw at fault, nor the gct file itself.
I do not understand why Dolx86 didn't work for you, unless your processor is an IA64, not an x86_64 (the former lacks entire 32-bit support which the latter has).

Wow, after all this time, the codes, they finally work, just wow....talk about mega PEBKAC

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:26:10 PM
Wow, after all this time, the codes, they finally work, just wow....talk about mega PEBKAC
So what did you break that makes it unusable?

April 13, 2014, 03:36:50 PM #4968 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:53:52 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on April 13, 2014, 03:31:37 PM
So what did you break that makes it unusable?

There were two variables that made the emulator crash,

One: My SD.raw was either corrupted and/or incorrectly configured
Two: I extracted the vanilla ISO (as in the one I didn't use mods with; the one where I didn't swap out files)

So it was a combination of using a modded ISO and an incorrectly configured SD.raw file; the one that was sent to me last night works like a charm.  The question now is, with all those clone characters, I wonder if it's possible to switch out one of those cloned characters with one of my own.

Edit: Looking at the files, the placement/folder names looks exactly like how I did mine...

Now I REALLY need to have someone take a gander at mine to see what I did differently, and yet, it doesn't look different at all, really.  I've narrowed it down to my files.

Edit: Okay, I managed to load the game, with the gct file, and my SD.raw, but the extra slot doesn't load which means, my SD.raw is not correctly set up, so I've ultimately narrowed it down to that. If there's someone who'd be willing to take a look at this and let me know why the actual clone isn't work, that'd be wonderful  ;D The good news is having cheats enabled and loading my SD.raw without crashing is a good sign.  8)

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:36:50 PM
There were two variables that made the emulator crash,

One: My SD.raw was either corrupted and/or incorrectly configured
Two: I extracted the vanilla ISO (as in the one I didn't use mods with; the one where I didn't swap out files)

So it was a combination of using a modded ISO and an incorrectly configured SD.raw file; the one that was sent to me last night works like a charm.  The question now is, with all those clone characters, I wonder if it's possible to switch out one of those cloned characters with one of my own.

Edit: Looking at the files, the placement/folder names looks exactly like how I did mine...

Now I REALLY need to have someone take a gander at mine to see what I did differently, and yet, it doesn't look different at all, really.  I've narrowed it down to my files.

Edit: Okay, I managed to load the game, with the gct file, and my SD.raw, but the extra slot doesn't load which means, my SD.raw is not correctly set up, so I've ultimately narrowed it down to that. If there's someone who'd be willing to take a look at this and let me know why the actual clone isn't work, that'd be wonderful  ;D The good news is having cheats enabled and loading my SD.raw without crashing is a good sign.  8)
I could take a look. How big is the .raw?

I'm just so close!!! LOL :laugh: I'm glad that it no longer crashes.

What is the latest method of adding Alloys?

I have this probably impossible idea that if I take say a BrawlEx Marth rel and name it ft_zako, and then replace the alloys with Marth PSAs, then that'd be four new clones slots in a sense...

I just need to see what files we use for the Alloys... if it's similar to how we already do BrawlEX then I'm not sure there'd be an issue, from what I understand we can already replace normal characters with these perfect rels anyway...

But now I'm just talking, could someone direct me to it?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on April 13, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
What is the latest method of adding Alloys?

I have this probably impossible idea that if I take say a BrawlEx Marth rel and name it ft_zako, and then replace the alloys with Marth PSAs, then that'd be four new clones slots in a sense...

I just need to see what files we use for the Alloys... if it's similar to how we already do BrawlEX then I'm not sure there'd be an issue, from what I understand we can already replace normal characters with these perfect rels anyway...

But now I'm just talking, could someone direct me to it?

you just add the alloy cosmetic files on the OP, and once they're all added and linked, add them to the roster

and no I haven't added giga yet, but I assume it works and am looking forward to adding it

V. 1.00

I think I'm a little late but wow I can't beleive P:M works with BrawlEx!

Yep My projectm for brawl ex build should come out wednesday

Derp, finally got it to work, yes, even with the cloned slot! Of course, Krystal isn't loading, but the cloned slot is there.

Regular Peach loads the mods, but not the newly-cloned slot, and how do I load custom CSPs/BPs I made for Krystal in slot 3F?

Somebody mentioned that there was a captain falcon rel for brawlex? Where are all these modules that have been made but aren't in the clone engine download?!
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on April 13, 2014, 05:19:04 PM
Somebody mentioned that there was a captain falcon rel for brawlex? Where are all these modules that have been made but aren't in the clone engine download?!
The module download is somewhere lost in this thread :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: frostymm on April 13, 2014, 05:19:04 PM
Somebody mentioned that there was a captain falcon rel for brawlex? Where are all these modules that have been made but aren't in the clone engine download?!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65218.0

Check under the Captain Falcon section.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Is there anyway to get info.pac in the info2 folder to work? :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04