The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 14, 2014, 11:29:57 PM
I'm gonna try and copy the Raptor configs and see if that will work.

Have you tried using my tool..? if so, what was the problem? i can't remember if you already tried and reported a problem

April 15, 2014, 12:16:26 AM #5011 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:41:46 AM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 14, 2014, 11:32:34 PM
You should also change the ID's around in the modules.

Yep I made sure to change that as well.

So now it works, but both the regular raptor and the clone share the same cosmetics. Also it doesn't freeze upon entering a battle anymore. It did freeze however when I tried to enter training mode... I haven't revisited it yet to see if it was just a fluke, but maybe there is a problem with it. idk.

Edit: It was just a fluke. Training mode works fine.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 14, 2014, 11:40:16 PM
Have you tried using my tool..? if so, what was the problem? i can't remember if you already tried and reported a problem

Ya for some reason your tool never seems to want to work with me. It only ever works when I have a completely blank BrawlEx folder with no configs in it. Otherwise it always shows that same exception error. It also will end up replacing the files of another clone that is already set up, so because of this I do it all manually. Nothing against your tool or anything, but I feel like personally for me doing it manually is better. Although I do enjoy the mass renamer tool that comes with it. I use that one all the time. :)



And another thing. I had used Don Jon BravoEX's Gigabowser configs on Nebulons pack. It works fine, and doesn't freeze, but I was wondering if there was a way to give him recoil. Because right not he takes 0 knock back from attacks and is extremely OP. Is there a code for this anywhere?

Out of curiosity, what was causing this error again? when you select your PF folder?

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 15, 2014, 01:15:11 AM
Out of curiosity, what was causing this error again? when you select your PF folder?

Yes, it would happen when I select the folder.

Screenshot

So, I was taking a break from adding characters and tried to see if I could add more stages using the ASL(Alternate Stage Loader). And with a fully working ASL code added to my gct that also features the BrawlEx codes, the ASL seems to not be functioning at all. Rather than loading different versions of the stage it just loads the first file with that stage name in it, be it "STGBATTLEFIELD" or "STGBATTLEFIELD_A" it just loads the first file that says "STGBATTLEFIELD" it can find.

I suppose my question(and how it's actually linked to this topic) is this: Could this be an issue with the File Replacement Code that allows BrawlEx to function? Or is BrawlEx just incompatible with the ASL code?
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 15, 2014, 01:47:07 AM
Yes, it would happen when I select the folder.

Screenshot
Set your sc_selchar.pac's compression to LZ77

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 15, 2014, 02:06:41 AM
So, I was taking a break from adding characters and tried to see if I could add more stages using the ASL(Alternate Stage Loader). And with a fully working ASL code added to my gct that also features the BrawlEx codes, the ASL seems to not be functioning at all. Rather than loading different versions of the stage it just loads the first file with that stage name in it, be it "STGBATTLEFIELD" or "STGBATTLEFIELD_A" it just loads the first file that says "STGBATTLEFIELD" it can find.

I suppose my question(and how it's actually linked to this topic) is this: Could this be an issue with the File Replacement Code that allows BrawlEx to function? Or is BrawlEx just incompatible with the ASL code?

ASL has never worked with BrawlEx. I believe they occupy the same space in memory or something to that effect.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on April 15, 2014, 02:08:38 AM
ASL has never worked with BrawlEx. I believe they occupy the same space in memory or something to that effect.

Okay, cool. Thanks ShinF. Guess I'm stuck with 78 stages. :P
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: ShinF on April 15, 2014, 02:08:38 AM
ASL has never worked with BrawlEx. I believe they occupy the same space in memory or something to that effect.
So THAT'S why the unreasonably complex expansion pack doesn't work.

Quote from: Xero874 on April 15, 2014, 02:06:57 AM
Set your sc_selchar.pac's compression to LZ77

Either lz77 or none doesn't matter which. And i believe he already set it to none. hmmm..strange. Would you mind sending me your BrawlEx files + your cosmetic file (sc_selcharacter / common5) Please? it would help me identify and squash the bug :)

I've been having a similar error. However, instead of saying there was an unhandled exception, it just pops up the "x stopped working" window and crashes. my sc_selcharacter is set to LZ77, and I moved the common5 just in case it was screwing anything up.

That sounds like a serious problem. Anything the event handler can't handle means it probably got stuck in an infinite loop somewhere in my code. What operating system are you on?

I'm on windows 8.1, so that might be screwing it up. I tried the XP tool just to see if it would work, and THAT one I got the unhandled exception error or whatever.

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on April 15, 2014, 03:30:45 AM
I'm on windows 8.1, so that might be screwing it up. I tried the XP tool just to see if it would work, and THAT one I got the unhandled exception error or whatever.

Windows 8.1 needs to use the XP one yea. These errors could be stemming from incorrectly configured custom cosmetics. So im fixing a rather nasty bug at the moment, and will implement a fix to that as well

April 15, 2014, 04:16:29 AM #5024 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:17:33 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 15, 2014, 02:06:41 AM
So, I was taking a break from adding characters and tried to see if I could add more stages using the ASL(Alternate Stage Loader). And with a fully working ASL code added to my gct that also features the BrawlEx codes, the ASL seems to not be functioning at all. Rather than loading different versions of the stage it just loads the first file with that stage name in it, be it "STGBATTLEFIELD" or "STGBATTLEFIELD_A" it just loads the first file that says "STGBATTLEFIELD" it can find.

I suppose my question(and how it's actually linked to this topic) is this: Could this be an issue with the File Replacement Code that allows BrawlEx to function? Or is BrawlEx just incompatible with the ASL code?

BrawlEX is currently not compatible with the ASL code, phantom wings affirmed that 2 or 3 times on this thread, it is not caused by the filepatch code, it is caused by the brawlex common2 file